• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated About "Carrots" :Grumpy:

just miss" those, set your own so you are meeting SOME goal. 2. When you call, are you frustrated like this internally? Customers sense that! Make sure you are calling with a smile on your face and excited about what you have to offer.3. What are you offering them? Just a standard show? How are you wording it? If it isn't working, offer something different. If offering a dessert show, start offering Power Cooking. Like recruiting, make hosting about them!!!!
jcsmilez
Gold Member
I'm so tired of all these carrots just out of reach. I know that they are meant for incentive and that is fine and wonderful but I get so discouraged when I miss them time and time again and not for lack of trying. I averaged 2-4 shows a month last year and my goal has never changed from the 8-12 that I want. I consistently spend 1.5 hours a day, and sometimes 3-4 hrs or more on the phone (6 days a week). I continue to do things now that I hope will pay off later – ie. carry my catalog tote, send out a monthly newsletter, quarterly open houses/customer appreciation shows etc.

My director is great about offering incentives, ones that could really make a difference in my life (PC $ so I can actually buy spring paperwork, giftcards to dinner – haven’t done that in at least a year, cash, etc.) But I seem to just miss them and the response I get is, "Come on, you can do it, you have to get on the phone!" :mad: :grumpy: I’m tired of cheerleaders and dangling carrots and want someone to help me figure out why I am not achieving the results that I desire!!

I'm also a substitute teacher and prior to this year, was able to work at least 3-4 days a week, which has now dwindled down to less than 1 day a week. I constantly say, "Oh, thank God for Pampered Chef!" because I know that that is a dream that is possible, though currently it is a reality that is simply not true. :( My husband's hours have been cut in half and we are losing our house (we actually feel liberated about this). But it is such a desperate feeling to not have enough money to buy supplies for the next season, to have any of the extras, and to still be falling deeper and deeper into debt. :(

I just found out I'm pregnant (yeah, yikes, excited, nervous) and so I really want and need this business to work for me as a full time justifiable income so that I can stay home with our bio child and the foster children that we have been longing to invite into our home. I know that the Pampered Chef Dream is possible: I’ve seen it at conference, I hear about it on here, I believe it, I just really need to achieve it for my family now. I just feel so lost while I'm trying to find a path through all of this. Sorry for the long vent, I don't let this negative side of me out much - I really do try to stay smiley and positive!

Please don’t tell me to get on the phone – I live there and already have my list for the day. Thanks for listening if you made it this far.

Ok, three things I have to say/ask:1. Set your own carrots/goals, not what your director sets. If you "just miss" those, set your own so you are meeting SOME goal.2. When you call, are you frustrated like this internally? Customers sense that! Make sure you are calling with a smile on your face and excited about what you have to offer.3. What are you offering them? Just a standard show? How are you wording it? If it isn't working, offer something different. If offering a dessert show, start offering Power Cooking. Like recruiting, make hosting about them!!!!

P.S. CONGRATULATIONS on the coming baby!

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. I for one can relate! Since I'm still new I don't have any advise for you that you haven't already heard, but I can offer encouraging words (I know you're sick of them though ;) ). Just remember to keep your head up and think positive. It's hard, but you sound really strong and I'm sure you can do it! A positive attitude no matter how bad things get help. I'm sure some of the senior consultants on here would have more advise then I can give. I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, and there is a lot of support on here.

I'm going to PM you my email and phone number if you ever want to talk!

Janet,
Thanks for your thoughts and ideas. I think I just need to be able to hash it out with someone that has something more than a black/white answer. Thats why I love Chef Success so much.

janetupnorth said:
Ok, three things I have to say/ask:

1. Set your own carrots/goals, not what your director sets. If you "just miss" those, set your own so you are meeting SOME goal.

My basic goals are in my siggy and I still fall short on those. Granted I know some things that I need to change to help that - better host coaching for one. It's just hard because I feel so belittled when I go to a cluster meeting because those goals are so "achievable." I came home in tears last night (I hate it when I do that!) It makes me not want to go, but the best way I can support my team is to encourage them to be part of monthly training and to lead by example.

2. When you call, are you frustrated like this internally? Customers sense that! Make sure you are calling with a smile on your face and excited about what you have to offer.

I thought that question would come up. No, I am actually very peppy on the phone and I don't call until I can put myself in that mode (hence why I have not started making calls yet today). People are just struggling right now and very negative towards the thought of having shows. I try to rework it through the whole CHEF method and point out power cooking, $2 servings, let's get your friends together especially if they are struggling - I can't wait to share these great recipes with them... etc. etc. Sometimes it works, a lot of the times it doesn't. :( I feel sad that people feel so stuck - but I can relate.

3. What are you offering them? Just a standard show? How are you wording it? If it isn't working, offer something different. If offering a dessert show, start offering Power Cooking. Like recruiting, make hosting about them!!!!
Heh, I guess I just answered that..

I suggest changing your goals to the things you NEED to do and rewarding yourself when you reach them - even if you simply aknowledge that you did it! For example - you said you needed better hostess coaching, make one of your goals to hostess coach with a minimum of three hostess contacts in the 2 weeks before the show. And then reward yourself when you do it. The goals you have are great but they are long term goals - 1-3 months or more each. Set some shorter term goals - this week I am going to organize the office and get rid of excess clutter that is distracting me. Next week I am going to make customer care calls to all of my shows from November. Things like that you can do and then say - hey, look I met my goal for the week. (By the way, these are some of my goals as well)

I also recommend the Step Into Success Power Hour from Belinda Ellsworth. If you haven't heard it and can't find the info please PM me and I will tell you the basics. It's something I am really going to try to put into action. I think maybe all the time you are spending on the phone may be burning you out - I know I couldn't do that!

Hope that helps and that you are feeling better. Congratulations on the pregnancy.

Thanks Sharon,I've been working on the clutter, having to move helps with that. I know I will feel so liberated when we move with only half the things that we currently have! I feel so guilty about "rewarding" myself, I don't feel like I have the time or the money to indulge in any sort of reward.Yes, I love Belinda Ellsworth and the Power Hour, I've listened to it until I had it memorized.

It doesn't have to be anything expensive or costly at all - it can be a bubble bath instead of hour three on the phone. And the relief you will feel to know you accomplished what you set out to do for the week will most likely be reward enough.

I recommend reading the book, "Go For No".

janetupnorth said:
I recommend reading the book, "Go For No".

Who's the author? Is it a similar concept to Liz Conway's 100 No's?

Basically, it will change your goals for a day.Doing 3 calls a day may get you three Nos or three Yesses or some combination. You want to get three Yesses ideally. Therefore if you know that 70% of the time you get a no, you need to plan to make ten calls a day to get three yesses.The book helps you look at "no" as a means to your goal, not a negative thing. Do you stop at three calls if you get two nos and a yes? Or three nos? If so, why? Why not continue on?

jcsmilez said:
Who's the author? Is it a similar concept to Liz Conway's 100 No's?

Probably - don't know who stole from who if that is the case...

http://www.goforno.com/
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0966398130/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I totally feel where you are coming from here...

I have to ask...when you have your shows, WHAT ARE YOU DEMOING?

Since using the DCB at EVERY show, I have gotten AT LEAST 2 bookings per show...I have had 2 shows in Jan and got a combined 10 bookings for Feb w/ that host special, either to get the DCB OR the 12" skillet.

I think that what you demo and how you help them "need" this item for their kitchen and lives will make a tremendous impact on your shows...

Getting on the phone is just ONE aspect of PC..one that I am not very good with! LOL I'd rather work w/ the customers I just met at shows than call customers from 6 months ago...if that's what you are doing.

I know it's hard to not make a goal...but, it sounds like you are getting too discouraged, and you should definitely NOT be leaving meetings crying. Be happy of your achievements so far and you will break out of this rut...

Good luck and congrats on the new addition!

Hi Tristen....

I am so sorry you're going through a rough time. Have you asked your Director to work with you to analyze what you are doing and how you could make changes? It's easy to offer incentives, and her job is to go beyond that and to coach and mentor you.

If/when this happens, be very honest in describing the actions you take and the words you use. A good coach may be able to find a few things to try differently that may make a big difference.

Good luck!

(btw I might be taking my own advice soon. My Dec and Jan were horrendous)

1. Why do my carrots always turn out soggy and mushy when I cook them?

It's possible that you are overcooking the carrots. Try reducing the cooking time or steaming them instead of boiling them to retain their texture.

2. How can I make my carrots more flavorful?

Try roasting your carrots with some olive oil, salt, and herbs for a delicious and flavorful side dish. You can also add some honey or maple syrup for a touch of sweetness.

3. My carrots always seem to have a bitter taste. What am I doing wrong?

Bitterness in carrots can be caused by overcooking or using carrots that are past their prime. Make sure to use fresh carrots and avoid overcooking them to prevent bitterness.

4. Can I freeze carrots?

Yes, you can freeze carrots. However, they may lose some of their crispness and texture when thawed. It's best to blanch them in boiling water for a few minutes before freezing to help maintain their texture.

5. How do I know when my carrots are cooked?

Pierce the carrots with a fork or knife. If they are tender and easily pierced, they are ready. You can also taste a small piece to check if they are cooked to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
vhadley
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies