• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Washer & Dryer Shopping: What Should I Buy?

In summary, after recarpeting and painting, the conversation turned to the need for a new washer and dryer in the midst of ongoing issues with the current appliances. The group recommends Maytag appliances, particularly the front load types. Many also suggest doing research before making a purchase, and some mention the use of high efficiency laundry soap for front loaders.
I started using vinegar in the laundry and it works great. The only problem is that I now have Static Cling. What do you do about that? Just use a little fabric softener?

PamperedTammy said:
Beth--My advice to you is go with Maytag appliances. They last a lot longer than anything else out there! :)

Yep! We got our Maytag washer and dryer for our wedding present from my parents...over 26 years ago...not one single problem ~ works just as good as when we got them. But when I see these new ones I sure like the looks of the front loads. My sister had them ~ she loves how she doesn't have to lift the laundry load but a few inches from the basket now.

pamperedlinda said:
I started using vinegar in the laundry and it works great. The only problem is that I now have Static Cling. What do you do about that? Just use a little fabric softener?

I'm not sure - now that you mention it, I don't have static cling anymore. Are you putting the vinegar in the detergent cup or fabric softener cup? If you haven't tried the fabric softener cup, I'd put a little in there (it will still rinse out and NOT leave your clothes smelling like vinegar).

Sorry I can't help!

dianevill said:
I'm not sure - now that you mention it, I don't have static cling anymore. Are you putting the vinegar in the detergent cup or fabric softener cup? If you haven't tried the fabric softener cup, I'd put a little in there (it will still rinse out and NOT leave your clothes smelling like vinegar).

Sorry I can't help!
I was tossing it in with the detergent. I'll start putting it in the fabric softener cup. Do I need to put it in both places?

Definately get a frontloader. I have Askos which work great, but the motor in the washer and dryer have died and they are only 4 years old. Thank god for warranties. I would look at Bosch. Several people I know have them and love them with little service issues!

dianevill said:

Sorry I can't help!
Thank You Thank You Thank You Diane! The static cling is gone and my clothes smell so fresh! :love: Only problem is that I am now washing everything in sight! And, we are in a drought down here and I'm supposed to be conserving water :angel:

I just got back from WalMart & really wish I would have gotten vinegar....
I have a front load Whirlpool Duet & LOVE THEM!!! They smelt bad within the first few loads, so I called the company I got them from & there was an infants (my infant's) sock where the water drains....now I just make sure no clothes get stuck in there and I'm good to go!! Happy Washing!!!

<h2>1. What are the main differences between front load and top load washers?</h2><p>Front load washers typically use less water and energy, have a higher capacity, and are more gentle on clothes compared to top load washers. However, top load washers are generally more affordable and have a faster wash cycle.</p><h2>2. Which is more efficient, gas or electric dryers?</h2><p>Gas dryers tend to be more efficient and cost less to operate compared to electric dryers. However, the initial cost of a gas dryer is typically higher.</p><h2>3. Should I consider getting a matching washer and dryer set?</h2><p>While it may be aesthetically pleasing to have a matching set, it is not necessary. You can mix and match different brands and models as long as they fit in your laundry space.</p><h2>4. What features should I look for in a new washer and dryer?</h2><p>Some important features to consider include capacity, energy efficiency, noise level, and special wash/dry cycles. You may also want to consider additional features such as steam cleaning, smart technology, and extended warranties.</p><h2>5. How do I properly maintain my new washer and dryer?</h2><p>To ensure the longevity of your new appliances, it is important to clean the lint trap after each use, regularly clean the inside of the washer and dryer, and check for any clogs in the water hose. You should also avoid overloading the washer and dryer and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use.</p>

1. What are the main differences between front load and top load washers?

Front load washers typically use less water and energy, have a higher capacity, and are more gentle on clothes compared to top load washers. However, top load washers are generally more affordable and have a faster wash cycle.

2. Which is more efficient, gas or electric dryers?

Gas dryers tend to be more efficient and cost less to operate compared to electric dryers. However, the initial cost of a gas dryer is typically higher.

3. Should I consider getting a matching washer and dryer set?

While it may be aesthetically pleasing to have a matching set, it is not necessary. You can mix and match different brands and models as long as they fit in your laundry space.

4. What features should I look for in a new washer and dryer?

Some important features to consider include capacity, energy efficiency, noise level, and special wash/dry cycles. You may also want to consider additional features such as steam cleaning, smart technology, and extended warranties.

5. How do I properly maintain my new washer and dryer?

To ensure the longevity of your new appliances, it is important to clean the lint trap after each use, regularly clean the inside of the washer and dryer, and check for any clogs in the water hose. You should also avoid overloading the washer and dryer and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies