• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My New Washer and Dryer Worth the Wait?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the excitement of getting a new washer and dryer, the delivery and usage challenges due to the weather, and the different experiences and preferences with different brands and types of washers and dryers. There is also mention of difficulties in getting rid of old appliances and the frustrations of going to a laundromat.
pampchefrhondab
Wow, I FINALLY got my new washer and dryer!!

I was so hoping to use it yesterday, but it didn't get delivered until 9:30 p.m.:eek:! Since it was so cold all of the delivery trucks were not running. The poor delivery people! Anyway the washer comes w/a little water already in it so I couldn't use it until it thawed out. None of the trucks are insulated.

I just started using it this morning and boy does it make some weird noises! It sounds like a jet taking off when it spins! New technology! I'll have to see how the first load comes out it's almost done:)!

I so hope this pair can be even half as good to me as my old faithful pair was. They gave me almost 20 years of service. I figured out they probably did 14,500 loads of laundry:eek:! Including many cloth diapers for my little ones - who aren't so little anymore!

Awesome Rhonda!! I got mine on Thursday from Sears. Is that what you got? I got the $999 Samsung pair and I LOVE THEM!!!! :D Have fun!

Who knew that washing clothes could be so much fun?! LOL

I'm off to the laundry mat today to wash clothes. Ours went out last week. It's 10 years old. And from what I hear they usually don't even last THAT long! We can't get another right now so I'm going to laundry mat. At least the dryer still works :p

Congratulations! The Furry Guy is at an auction today hoping to purchase a dryer. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

If you have the front end loader and it sounds like a airplane taking off then it is not balanced. Mine done that also and it was just a little bit off. A little bit makes a huge difference in the noise.

Yes I got them from Sears.

I couldn't say it's fun to do laundry, but it is nice to keep up with it:)! My dryer has actually finished before some of my wash loads:)!

Mine is a top loader Cabrio by Whirlpool. It is a normal sound from what I read. It's not a loud sound, just sounds different when it spins because it is so fast!

I sure hope mine last more then 10 years, but I've heard they don't last like the old ones. I sure can't complain about getting almost 20 years out of my old ones. The dryer even still worked, but I wanted a pair that matched. They are on my main floor and I have to look at them all the time. If I had a closet to close them in or a basement to put them in I wouldn't care.

Tara I hope you can get a new washer soon - going to the laundry mat is not fun! It's really hard to decide what to get when you do decide to buy though!

Last edited:
The auction didn't work out. The Furry Guy is headed out to check out one to purchase at Rent-A-Center in Kokomo.

I'm so sorry you couldn't use my gas dryer Rae! I ended up just having them haul it away so I didn't have to deal w/putting an ad in the paper, taking phone calls (my phone rings off the hook already), having people come look at it, etc. Not worth the money! Plus if I didn't sell it I would have to pay to get rid of it. We don't have a truck and our trash co. won't pick those things up! My husband is working 60-70 hours a week right now and I didn't want him to have to deal with it. Plus if I would have kept it I would have had to put it in the garage and then my husband wouldn't be able to get his car in - and in this weather that would not make him happy!

Let me know what you end up getting.

I'm so sorry for you going to the laundry mat. My mom used to take us there and spend ALL day getting it done. I feel for ya!!

I have a washer and dryer that I'm trying to give away down here and I can't even give it away!!! Ugh!

PampMomof3 said:
I have a washer and dryer that I'm trying to give away down here and I can't even give it away!!! Ugh!

This is why I just had them take my dryer - didn't want to deal w/it:)!

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm so sorry you couldn't use my gas dryer Rae! I ended up just having them haul it away so I didn't have to deal w/putting an ad in the paper, taking phone calls (my phone rings off the hook already), having people come look at it, etc. Not worth the money! Plus if I didn't sell it I would have to pay to get rid of it. We don't have a truck and our trash co. won't pick those things up! My husband is working 60-70 hours a week right now and I didn't want him to have to deal with it. Plus if I would have kept it I would have had to put it in the garage and then my husband wouldn't be able to get his car in - and in this weather that would not make him happy!Let me know what you end up getting.
I'm sorry I couldn't use it, too. I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with selling or storing it. The Furry Guy came home with a 2007 Whirlpool. It looks like new and runs well--not bad for $125. In true Furry Guy fashion he'll be recycling the metal from the old dryer to help defray the cost of the new one.

Great news Rae! If we had more time to deal w/the old we would have recycled them too - which is what they will do with them after they took them. My poor husband has just been leaving at 5 a.m. and returning at around 9 p.m. every day! I in turn have to deal w/everything at home w/3 teenagers!! I just couldn't deal w/one more thing:)!

Like I said, I don't blame you at all. There are times when you have to decide what's worth your time and effort and what isn't. This was definitely an "isn't."

Related to Is My New Washer and Dryer Worth the Wait?

1. How do I properly install my new washer and dryer?

Proper installation of a new washer and dryer is crucial for optimal performance and to avoid any potential hazards. It is recommended to hire a professional to install your new appliances, as they have the experience and knowledge to ensure proper installation. However, if you choose to install it yourself, be sure to carefully follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety guidelines.

2. Do I need any special tools to install my new washer and dryer?

Most washers and dryers come with the necessary tools for installation. However, you may need to have a few basic tools on hand such as a wrench, pliers, and a level to ensure the appliances are installed correctly. If you are unsure, it is always best to consult the manufacturer's instructions or hire a professional.

3. Can I stack my washer and dryer to save space?

Many modern washers and dryers are designed to be stacked on top of each other, which is a great space-saving option for smaller laundry rooms. However, not all washers and dryers are compatible for stacking, so it's important to check with the manufacturer before attempting to stack your appliances. Additionally, always make sure to use a stacking kit and follow the instructions carefully to ensure proper stability and safety.

4. How often should I clean my new washer and dryer?

Regular cleaning and maintenance of your washer and dryer is essential for prolonging the lifespan and efficiency of your appliances. It is recommended to clean the lint trap after every load and to regularly clean the interior and exterior of the appliances. You should also check the hoses and connections for any buildup or damage and clean them as needed to prevent potential leaks or malfunctions.

5. What should I do if my new washer and dryer are not working properly?

If you are experiencing any issues with your new washer and dryer, the first step is to consult the manufacturer's manual for troubleshooting tips. If the problem persists, it's best to contact the manufacturer or a professional for assistance. Most new appliances come with a warranty, so be sure to check and see if the issue is covered under warranty before attempting any repairs yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jwpamp
Replies