1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Washed pen in pocket of new apron

1. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

My dear Recruit borrowed my new HWC apron to use on Saturday. She said I had left a pen in it from the day I wore it and so she left it there! By the time we found it, the stuff had been dried in the dryer and there was ink all over baby clothes, the apron, a new pair of khakis I had... I have put the new Spray n Wash Max plus hairspray and added a scoop of the OxyClean to it...figured it couldn't hurt. Some have faded but not all the way. Any good ideas out there for what else I can try. Luckily the ink is not too obvious on the apron but it's still there. Help!!

Apr 29, 2009
  2. MORFIA

MORFIA Advanced Member Gold Member

hairspray----

Apr 29, 2009
  3. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

Rubbing alcohol--just hold the fabric to the bottle and tip it till it blots the fabric, it always works for me. My DH is always getting pen on his clothes, and lets the kids play with his pens when he holds them, so they get all over sometimes.

Apr 29, 2009
  4. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Try rubbing alcohol and a clean, dry white cloth to absorb the ink. I've used it for my husbands military uniforms. He's always leaving pens in the pocket. Very frustrating. I have managed to fade a lot of ink with the alcohol.

Apr 29, 2009
  5. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

There is also a stain remover I've found at Target called Zout... I swear it's a miracle worker, it's taken food and grease stains out of clothes that were months old and had been washed and dried multiple times, removed blood, dried baby food, formula stains... it's incredible.

Apr 29, 2009
  6. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

I LOVE Zout too. In the same aisle there should be other strain removers don't know the name brand. The bottles look similair to the larger Rit Dye bottles. They have different formulas and I think one is for ink

7. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I LOVE ZOUT!!! I have not been able to find it lately. Thanks for the Target info I will look there. If I find it I'm buying a case!

Apr 29, 2009
  8. aalbert

aalbert Novice Member

I know this sounds crazy, but my God-son colored on my BRAND NEW suede leather sofa with a pen, and I googled how to remove it, and it said Windex...........I tried it and IT WORKED! Maybe try that?!?!

Apr 29, 2009
  9. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I think Layla's talking about Carbona stain removers. They have one specifically for ink. It works really well, even on older stains.

Apr 29, 2009
  10. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Thanks all! My DD is going to get some of each of these on the way home from work. We also have some baby clothes that have some stains that didn't come completely out so I'll try these on them as well!

Apr 30, 2009
  11. julia.poe

julia.poe Member

I washed and dried a tube of chapstick all over my husband's khaki work pants. I sprayed the zout and let it sit overnight then rewashed the clothes and EVERYTHING cam out. I swear by this stuff.

Apr 30, 2009
  12. PamperedChefLayla

PamperedChefLayla Member Gold Member

Thanks Rae it is Carbona

13. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Jane ~ Well did it come out?

Have something to add?