• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broke My Washer With Consultant Bag

In summary, Jane's consultant bag broke and she tried to machine wash it, but it didn't work. Her husband fixed the machine and it was just the switch that broke. The bag got clean, but she still has shows this weekend.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Soooo, I managed to break my washer by stupidly deciding to machine wash my big consultant bag. I had not completely unpacked it for some time, and last night I decided to. Lo and behold, there was some kind of liquified something that had at one point in time been an ingredient at a show. It was gross and all over my bag, so, surface washing really didn't seem like it would work. I knew I probably shouldn't wash it in the machine, but I couldn't think of anything else to do. So, I tried it. When it started banging around in the spin cycle, I just let it go. BAD move! Some random plastic piece was sitting in the bottom of the washer when I took the bag out. Today, my washer does not work! To top it all off, I have shows all weekend and haven't done laundry in about a week. I have no pants! Ugh!

So, I'm here to tell you, no matter how gross and dirty your bag gets, DON'T wash it in the machine! You're better off throwing it out and buying a new one! That's only a few $$ compared to the probably hundreds of $$ you will have to pay to get your washer fixed or possibly replaced!:cry:

Oh, that stinks! I hate when I do things like that .... know i probably shouldn't, but what could it hurt? right? Ugh! good luck with that!

OH NO! That's terrible!
I JuST put my envelope in the washing machine that holds the baker today...

Oh, Jane! I'm so sorry.

What is the machine not doing? If it's filling up with water & draining properly but not "spinning" during the spin cycle - then it's just the belt & is a VERY easy fix. If it's the middle section that's not agitating during the wash cycle, then you probably did break something that will need to be replaced. (((hugs)))

Is the machine off balance??? Did you wash anything else with the bag??? Or is something stuck between the agitator and the bottom of the machine??

An update: I've never been happier to be married to an engineer! Seriously, most of the time the quirky part that goes along with it drives me nuts! But, Friday he came home and fixed the thing when he got home from work! It turned out to be the switch that tells it the lid is closed that broke off. So, it would get to the point that the lid could be up and stop. SOMEHOW, my husband figured out a quick fix to fool it into working until he can get the part to replace it. PHEW!

And, to answer other questions...no I didn't wash anything else with the bag, which put the machine off balance and apparently made it go crazy!

NEVER WASH THE CONSULTANT BAG IN THE WASHER!

That's good news, Jane! LOL - engineers can be pretty handy to have around, if you can handle them the rest of the time!! ;) (my brother is an engineer - ugh!! I totally get it!!)

I am so glad it worked out! After all the years I spent in broadcasting, I know exactly what you mean about engineers! A quirky but kind and sometimes helpful people!

Congrats!!!! I am just curious, did the bag get clean???

1. What should I do if I accidentally broke my washer with my consultant bag?

If you accidentally broke your washer with your consultant bag, we recommend contacting our customer service team immediately for assistance. They will be able to provide you with further instructions and help resolve the issue.

2. Will my warranty cover the damage caused by my consultant bag?

Our warranty does not cover any damage caused by external factors, such as a consultant bag. However, we still encourage you to reach out to our customer service team for assistance and possible solutions.

3. Can I purchase a replacement washer from Pampered Chef?

Unfortunately, we do not offer replacement washers for purchase. We recommend contacting the manufacturer of your washer for a replacement part or seeking assistance from a professional repair service.

4. How can I prevent my consultant bag from causing damage to my washer in the future?

We recommend being cautious when using your consultant bag near any appliances or electronics. You can also try using a different bag or carrying your consultant items separately to avoid any potential damage.

5. Will Pampered Chef cover the cost of repairing my washer?

As our warranty does not cover any external damages, we are unable to cover the cost of repairing your washer. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and encourage you to reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • jenscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kimmers
Replies