• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, This Is My Official First Day as a Consultant and I Am Already

Parties!Sounds like you are going to be a dynamite consultant! Keep up your excitement and share it. Tell your contacts that you will soon have a website - build anticipation so they can't wait to get on it. Use your energy to get your calendar booked!
PCMelissa
Gold Member
Ok, this is my official first day as a consultant and I am already needing a vent.

I am so frustrated, cause I want to just go go go with this business, but I feel like it is so hard! I just got my consultant ID and I was all excited to get my website up and running. WELL, you cannot just pay for the website with any debit card, CC. It HAS to be the Pampered Chef one. Which takes 5 days to get a number for. It is no wonder why most consultants are not eager to go go go when they start this business. It is making all my hair turn gray. I guess I am just impatient. But, I have been working my butt off the past few weeks & days, and when I contact people about stuff, and get them excited, I feel like I need to get the stuff to them right away to keep their excitement, and it has just been really hard to do so!

Grrr, OK, done now. Going to think some positive things!

Actually I believe (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) you have to be qualified before you can have a website.

Basically I would recommend host coaching your hosts. One on one or over the phone, with what they should do. If you are worried about the invites getting to people, I would recommend you give them a guest list (with name/address/ph#) and have them return it to you. and YOU send out the invites.

PC is the best, and they are the most helpful IMHO. This really isnt the end of the world! {smile!}

Best wishes in your new business.

vwpamperedchef said:
Actually I believe (and someone will correct me if I am wrong) you have to be qualified before you can have a website.
Not any more - you have to be "qualified" to have individual ordering available on your PWS, that's all.
As far as getting your PWS set up, believe me, that's not the most important thing. A lot of us didn't even have PWS when we started because it wasn't even "invented" yet! I can feel your eagerness and I soooo remember that feeling. Don't let a little silly thing like this get to you. Focus on getting that calendar of yours booked up, and then focus on getting your hosts to invite a TON of people so that you can get outside of your circle asap.
Keep up the excitement!!

Sounds like you are going to be a dynamite consultant! Keep up your excitement and share it. Tell your contacts that you will soon have a website - build anticipation so they can't wait to get on it. Use your energy to get your calendar booked!

...and you can have a website as soon as you get your debit card but you will not be able to get online orders and the wedding registry is not linked until you qualify. Guests can use the website to order on a show though - just not place an individual order.

c00p said:
Not any more - you have to be "qualified" to have individual ordering available on your PWS, that's all.
As far as getting your PWS set up, believe me, that's not the most important thing. A lot of us didn't even have PWS when we started because it wasn't even "invented" yet! I can feel your eagerness and I soooo remember that feeling. Don't let a little silly thing like this get to you. Focus on getting that calendar of yours booked up, and then focus on getting your hosts to invite a TON of people so that you can get outside of your circle asap.
Keep up the excitement!!

This is great advice. I didn't bother with a PWS until after I qualified.

vwpamperedchef said:

Basically I would recommend host coaching your hosts. One on one or over the phone, with what they should do. If you are worried about the invites getting to people, I would recommend you give them a guest list (with name/address/ph#) and have them return it to you. and YOU send out the invites.

PC is the best, and they are the most helpful IMHO. This really isnt the end of the world! {smile!}

Best wishes in your new business.

Ok, I keep hearing different things about the Website and it is making me nervous. Last I was told is that I can get a website, and people can place orders from Parties- I just cannot do Wedding Registries or Individual Orders until I am qualified. However, they can order from my shows that I put on there.

I have 5 shows booked for March, and all of my hosts are as coached as they can be for the fact that I do not have hostess packets to give them yet. I am working daily on getting more dates booked. I also have 2 catalog shows, and 1 fundraiser. THAT is where my frustration is coming in with the website, is that I have told the catalog shows and the fundraiser that people can order from my site- as both of the hosts are from out of town. I am in MI and they are in TX and NJ. I am trying to get the catalog shows in asap. Closing one on 36 and the fundraiser on 3/7, so I want to get these guys up and going before they lose steam. Again, they are as "coached" as they can be for not having catalogs and stuff yet!

:) I no, it is not the end of the world, it is just that when I am start something I want to get it started. I totally realize this is a personality flaw. Can't help it, all I can do is vent to help! So, thanks for listening!!

:D

Melissa, you can apply for the debit card, and call the information system in a day or two to get the number. That will speed up the process, so you can apply for your site ASAP. Give me a call if you still need info (do you still have my number in your PM box?).

Websites are great - I love mine....but it is not the major part of my business. It's a good addition, and it helps me be more professional, but if my website went away tomorrow, I would still be able to carry on very well. Personal Contact, and getting on the phone and dealing with people face-to-face and one-on-one are what will make your business successful - so don't sweat the small stuff (like waiting a couple days for a website) and concentrate on PEOPLE!;) YOU are what will keep them excited, not your website.

c00p said:
Keep up the excitement!!
Perhaps (you are not lumped into this group, Melissa) this is why some new consultants don't see any reason why they can't be marketing on the Internet.

Well, that and they didn't read the rulebook that came in the kit.

PCMelissa said:
Ok, this is my official first day as a consultant and I am already needing a vent.

I am so frustrated, cause I want to just go go go with this business, but I feel like it is so hard! I just got my consultant ID and I was all excited to get my website up and running. WELL, you cannot just pay for the website with any debit card, CC. It HAS to be the Pampered Chef one. Which takes 5 days to get a number for. It is no wonder why most consultants are not eager to go go go when they start this business. It is making all my hair turn gray. I guess I am just impatient. But, I have been working my butt off the past few weeks & days, and when I contact people about stuff, and get them excited, I feel like I need to get the stuff to them right away to keep their excitement, and it has just been really hard to do so!

Grrr, OK, done now. Going to think some positive things!

I know how frustrated you feel. After I got my kit, I thought I had everything I'd need too and was annoyed to find out I needed to get a debit card and other things too... but I got past that easily enough. Apply for the debit card now, you'll need it eventually to submit shows, pay for supply orders from PC and things like that. It does take a little time but I had mine pretty fast.

Take your go go go attitude and use that to get bookings, that's going to be more important to you in the beginning. I let my own frustrations bog me down in my first 30 days... it was like trying to get traction while driving through mud, but I made it through and so will you. Hang in there.. you're doing just fine.

PCMelissa said:
Ok, I keep hearing different things about the Website and it is making me nervous. Last I was told is that I can get a website, and people can place orders from Parties- I just cannot do Wedding Registries or Individual Orders until I am qualified. However, they can order from my shows that I put on there.
That is correct. And with as gung-ho as you are, you'll qualify in no time and be able to set up registries and take individual orders. :)

c00p said:
Keep up the excitement!!

Thanks Andrea! That is what I have last heard about the website too!

I do realize that the website is not what is going to keep my business together, it is just that I sold the fundraiser and the catalog shows on the website ordering....and I freak if I told someone something and then have to go back and eat crow. Starting out this business, I want to give the best service possible and not give out bad info. Ok, I am going to stop now before you guys think I am crazy... I really am not, I swear :angel: haha

When I signed up for my debit card I did just like Ann sugested, I called a few days after I submitted the application and had my number WAY before it came in the mail. I had mine within a few days of applying, so, it really is not a hold up. I rarely use the "actual card" even now. I have the number written in my planner which is what I always have right beside me when I am submitting and then I do not have to go get my purse to get the card out.

When I signed up, I could get the website until after I qualified. It did not hurt my business at all. As a matter of fact, it rarely gets any orders now, two years later.

Good luck with your business!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Perhaps (you are not lumped into this group, Melissa) this is why some new consultants don't see any reason why they can't be marketing on the Internet.

Well, that and they didn't read the rulebook that came in the kit.

Actually Kitchen Guy, I AM one of those people... except, I wasn't officially signed up, so I did not have a rulebook! I started a blog and spent some decent time on it and had to take it down :( Sad, Sad, I got over that one really quick

Oh, and thanks ChefAnn on saying I am gung-ho! I like that word. :)

I am hoping to be qualified soon! Not for any reason other than, I just WANT to be qualified. Oh, and get those free knifes!! yay!

Ok, all excited again! Gotta go get ready though... meeting my friend for lunch today. She has already booked, but I am going to work on her getting one of her friends to do a wedding registry! Wish me luck!!

Ok, I was told by HO that if you get a website before you qualify, even show orders won't go through. The shows will show up but the orders won't go on it. She even asked someone else when I questioned that. That just doesn't sound right to me.

She also said new consultants can use their personal debit/credit card for their first 6 shows but my welcome email said I could do it for 60 days. Are these new changes or did I just manage to get someone who gave me wrong info?

Marisa, I think you got someone who gave you inaccurate info, at least as far as the PWS goes. One of my recruits, who signed last January, got a PWS right away, and was able to take show orders on it before she qualified. I think the rep was confused by the fact that show orders don't just process automatically from PWS, you need to pull them into PP/P3.

Melissa you can read the "rule book" on CC once you get your consultant number & password. I called to get my password. Under managing your business then policies & procedures on CC.

I think you're right, Ann. She put me on hold to ask someone so I couldn't hear how she worded the question. I was as specific as possible but I think I still confused her. Guess I could always call back and see what answer I get next time. lol

I just submitted my first show last night and when I went to enter a payment it stated that I had 60 days where I could enter a personal credit card instead of my PC debit card.

A couple of consultants on my team were able to go into P3 after a couple of days and go under "Tools" and then "Preferences" and their debit card # was automatically stored in there. You might be able to find it that way.

Also, remember HO gives you an extra week or so in your first 30 days just for these reasons. They know there are delays getting everything up and running. That's why if you sign on Jan 1st your 30 day date could be Feb 7th or so.

Instead of waiting on the debit card and website, make some calls and book shows!!! Our business is about relationships and interaction with PEOPLE.

PCMelissa said:
Thanks Andrea! That is what I have last heard about the website too!

I do realize that the website is not what is going to keep my business together, it is just that I sold the fundraiser and the catalog shows on the website ordering....and I freak if I told someone something and then have to go back and eat crow. Starting out this business, I want to give the best service possible and not give out bad info. Ok, I am going to stop now before you guys think I am crazy... I really am not, I swear :angel: haha

Didn't anyone tell you... you're not allowed on C/S unless you are certifiably crazy! Normal people aren't much fun.

jrstephens said:
When I signed up for my debit card I did just like Ann sugested, I called a few days after I submitted the application and had my number WAY before it came in the mail. I had mine within a few days of applying, so, it really is not a hold up. I rarely use the "actual card" even now. I have the number written in my planner which is what I always have right beside me when I am submitting and then I do not have to go get my purse to get the card out.

When I signed up, I could get the website until after I qualified. It did not hurt my business at all. As a matter of fact, it rarely gets any orders now, two years later.

Good luck with your business!!!

Actually, you can store your PC card number in your PP or P3. Just go into personal info and you won't have to type it in each time. Heck I haven't seen my card in a couple years!! I am sure it is in the top desk drawer somewhere...I hope!:rolleyes:

I don't worry about it though because even going to conferences and such you can have them look up your card number to pay for supplies and such!!

Just my 2 cents!!

Also remember that when you qualify within your first 30 days you will get 90 days free for your website! :D So I actually recommend that my consultants wait to get their website until they get to try it out for free!!! My newest consultant just signed 15 days ago is already qualified with $3500 in sales and a new team member!! She was so excited to set up her website as well, she felt just like you did and wanted to get it set up ASAP!!:thumbup:

Related to Ok, This Is My Official First Day as a Consultant and I Am Already

1. What are the first steps I should take as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

Congratulations on starting your journey as a Pampered Chef consultant! The first steps you should take are to familiarize yourself with the products, attend training sessions, and start booking your first parties. It's also important to set up your consultant website and social media pages to promote your business.

2. How do I find and book parties as a new consultant?

One of the best ways to find and book parties is to reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances and offer to host a Pampered Chef party for them. You can also join local community groups or attend craft fairs and events to network and find potential party hosts. Utilizing your social media platforms can also be a great way to reach a larger audience.

3. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

There are many benefits to becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, including flexible hours, the ability to work from home, and the opportunity to earn income through commissions and bonuses. As a consultant, you will also have access to exclusive discounts and promotions, as well as training and support from the Pampered Chef community.

4. How can I grow my customer base and make more sales?

One of the best ways to grow your customer base and increase sales is to provide exceptional customer service and offer personalized recommendations to your clients. Utilize social media to showcase your products and share recipe ideas. You can also offer promotions and host online parties to attract new customers. Lastly, don't be afraid to reach out to past customers and offer special deals to keep them coming back.

5. What resources are available to help me succeed as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help you succeed as a consultant. Our training and support programs, including virtual training sessions and in-person meetings, will help you learn about the products and how to run a successful business. You can also join online communities and connect with other consultants for tips, advice, and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mscharf
  • General Chat
Replies