• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stolen Bag and the Silver Lining: My Wildwood Vacation Story

although it is terrible that people would do something like this, at least no one was hurt and you can still use your calendar. Thanks for sharing your story!
jenscookingnow
I have to vent . . .

Someone stole my PC catalog tote bag from my car while I was on vacation!!!! They took everything from my car--stereo, dvd player cd's dvd's, but why take my PC bag????? :mad: I had all kinds of catalogs and order forms in there, but the thing that really got me was they took my calendar! I was such a wreck! (This was Saturday morning that we found the car--we were in Wildwood NJ for a VFW conference of all things!) We filed a police report and didn't expect to ever get anything back.
Then, because I was freaking out Saturday night, my wonderful husband took one of the kids for a walk. On a whim he looked in a trash can for some of our things. Lo and behold he found my calendar, binder, order forms and catalogs!!!!!!! These stupid idiots took my calculator and a bag of HWC pins and the tote bag, but, thank goodness, threw away anything that had my name on it! I don't know what I would have done if I lost my calendar for good!
It sucks that there are people in this world that would do something like this, but at least noone was hurt!
Thanks for listening!
Jen

Oh my gosh!!!:eek: That is so horrible!!! It makes me so mad when people steal other people's stuff. My house was broke into once when I was single and lived alone. They did it while I was at work. They took all of my jewelry. I never did replace it. I realized that it just wasn't that important, but I was still mad because I felt violated because they went through everything. I had three dogs in the house and I think they sprayed the big one with something. Several houses on my street had been broken into. Turns out that they ended up arresting a guy who lived right next to me with his Grandma. They didn't catch him with or find any of my stuff, but they caught him with another neighbors stuff. Punk!! I knew him from school too. He was a grade behind me. :mad:

Jen, I'm so glad you were able to recover some of your things. I know my calendar is what keeps me on track not just for Pampered Chef but for other things as well. I hope they are able to recover the rest of your items.

jenscookingnow said:
I have to vent . . .

Someone stole my PC catalog tote bag from my car while I was on vacation!!!! They took everything from my car--stereo, dvd player cd's dvd's, but why take my PC bag????? :mad: I had all kinds of catalogs and order forms in there, but the thing that really got me was they took my calendar! I was such a wreck! (This was Saturday morning that we found the car--we were in Wildwood NJ for a VFW conference of all things!) We filed a police report and didn't expect to ever get anything back.
Then, because I was freaking out Saturday night, my wonderful husband took one of the kids for a walk. On a whim he looked in a trash can for some of our things. Lo and behold he found my calendar, binder, order forms and catalogs!!!!!!! These stupid idiots took my calculator and a bag of HWC pins and the tote bag, but, thank goodness, threw away anything that had my name on it! I don't know what I would have done if I lost my calendar for good!
It sucks that there are people in this world that would do something like this, but at least noone was hurt!
Thanks for listening!
Jen

OMG - I can't believe you found some of your stuff - how amazing is THAT???? I can't imagine what I would do if I lost my calender. I am thinking I should photocopy the pages of it before I travel with it - just in case I liose it.

Wow...some people, I just can't believe that one human would treat another with such little disrespect...

I just can't believe some people these days. A couple of months ago we had our mailbox smashed and broked off of its post and my sister had some people who kept driving through her front yard and doing burn outs and making a mess. I just can't believe that people would want to damage other peoples property knowing that the peison is going to have to pay to have it replaced.

I am glad to hear that no one was hurt and that you did recover some of your things. Too bad they took the other things, I hope they find the creep.

HORRIBLE! I don't know what I would do if that happened to me! I would probably just....cry! It's sooo horrible that people would do that.

That is horrible!!!
I would just freak if someone stole my planner. It has so much important stuff in it.
Glad you did find your calandar!

We had high school text books (ours for homeschooling) stolen out of our son's van one year. That really stunk! What would anyone want with school books????

Kris

Thanks!Thanks for your support! To tell you the truth crying was the only thing that made me feel better. I did feel violated. It stinks that some of you had break-ins too, but it always makes you feel better knowing your not alone!!!!:)
BTW Good idea about copying your planner before taking it somewhere! I'm going to tell the ladies in my cluster to do that too!

My mom had a neighbor that would terrorize her for years. She would call the police but couldn't really prove anything. He would do the same thing smash mailboxes, everything. They finally arrested him two years ago for firing a firearm too close to residential homes and endangering lives. He worked for the state (PA) he had to go to counseling and also had to sell his house to pay for everything. Thank goodness my mom is finally rid of him as a neighbor.

(This all stemmed from my brother had dated this guys wife. He also would vandalize my brothers mailboxes.)

smaller plannerHi

I just wanted to let you know that I have one of those small planners that fit in your purse, like the Hallmark ones you can get for free. That way it is always on you. There is enough stuff to carry to shows. I put it in the little one then I add it to the big one so I have one with me and one near the computer.

My purse was stolen once and the same thing happened I found everything scattered all over the side of the road, the only thing they took was the cash. It was only $30.00. They didn't even take the credit cards. I closed them out anyway.

I am glad you found some of your stuff!

chefkristin said:
Hi

I just wanted to let you know that I have one of those small planners that fit in your purse, like the Hallmark ones you can get for free. That way it is always on you. There is enough stuff to carry to shows. I put it in the little one then I add it to the big one so I have one with me and one near the computer.

My purse was stolen once and the same thing happened I found everything scattered all over the side of the road, the only thing they took was the cash. It was only $30.00. They didn't even take the credit cards. I closed them out anyway.

I am glad you found some of your stuff!

You know that I was just thinking this past week why doesn't HO come up with a smaller calendar for us instead of this big ole jumbo one, it would make it much easier to carry around everywhere with us so we would have all that we needed at all times, you know sometimes you just don't want to carry a HUGE bag (like when you finally get a night out without kids Lol ;) )

I am sorry this happened. They probablty took it because it looked like a purse. We had our CD player taken from our car a few years ago while we ran into the grocery store for no less than two minutes! People need better hobbies than stealing things!!

jdavis said:
You know that I was just thinking this past week why doesn't HO come up with a smaller calendar for us instead of this big ole jumbo one, it would make it much easier to carry around everywhere with us so we would have all that we needed at all times, you know sometimes you just don't want to carry a HUGE bag (like when you finally get a night out without kids Lol ;) )

I think it would be nice if they could come up with a PP to work on a palm or other such device for those that have one. Then we could use that for our calendar too.

1. What should I do if someone stole my bag?

If your bag was stolen, the first thing you should do is report it to the police. Make sure to provide them with a detailed description of your bag and any valuable items that were inside. You should also contact your bank and credit card companies to report any stolen cards.

2. Can I get a replacement for my stolen bag?

Unfortunately, we do not offer replacements for stolen bags. However, we recommend filing a claim with your homeowner's or renter's insurance to see if they can cover the cost of the stolen bag. You can also check with your credit card company to see if they offer any sort of purchase protection.

3. Can I cancel any orders that were in my stolen bag?

If you have any pending orders that were in your stolen bag, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We may be able to cancel the orders and issue a refund or credit for future purchases.

4. Are my personal information and credit card details safe?

We take the security of our customers' information very seriously. We use industry-standard encryption to protect all personal and financial information. However, if your bag has been stolen, we recommend contacting your credit card company to report the stolen card and monitor your accounts for any suspicious activity.

5. Can you track my stolen bag?

Unfortunately, we do not have the capability to track stolen bags. We recommend filing a police report and providing them with any information or tracking numbers that may help in the recovery of your bag.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shell Northway
  • lacychef