• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which Refrigerator and Washer/Dryer Combo is Best for a New Home?

In summary, Diane and Ann both recommend the Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer, while others have had mixed results with front-loaders. Diane and Ann also recommend the water dispenser on the fridge, while others disagree.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
I will be moving in a few weeks so I've been researching washers/dryers and refrigerators. I thought I'd see what you all have to say before I make my purchases.First, we are looking for a new refrigerator. I want a bottom freezer with french doors (2 separate doors that swing out). I also want stainless (or the stainless look). Does anyone have this type of refrigerator and/or stainless (or the stainless look)? I'm also pretty sure I want cold, filtered water dispensed from the outside door of the fridge...BUT, with Ann's comment on her Insinkerator Hot/Cold Dispenser in another thread, I'm thinking that maybe I could save some money and room in my fridge by getting that instead.Secondly, we are looking for a front-loading washer/dryer. I've read a ton of reviews about several of them and they seem to be mixed. So many people say they LOVE theirs, but many have had trouble with the computer board.I would love to hear what you all have to say about these two appliances, and more importantly, what you're actual experiences are with these!ETA: Also, will you add the model numbers of what you have as well? There are SO many different models of the same brand/type.

Last edited:
I have the Whirlpool Duet washer and Dryer and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It has shortened my laundry time dramatically and I have a very large family so I am thrilled! It has saved me loads of money in electicity and water etc. I love it! Can you tell?

I love love love my Maytag front loaders--I have both the washer and the dryer, have had them both for 3 years. No problems, not even one, and they even hold my king size bedspread!

Diane, How long have you owned them and have you ever had any trouble with them?

Friends of mine have LG front-loaders and love them. If you go with front-loaders, you will want to invest in the bases, so you aren't bending over as much to get things in and out. :) I can't help you with personal experience with newer washers, as mine is 14 years old and still going strong (top-load).

The water dispenser I mentioned in the other thread doesn't chill the cold - that's why they call it "cool" water instead of "cold." But if your tap water is an OK temp for drinking (or you add an ice cube), then it will be fine for you and you can skip the water dispenser on the fridge.

Anyone else have any pearls of wisdom? We are moving in two weeks and I need to get my appliances soon!

I had the front load Neptune Washer and dryer by Maytag for a few years, we bought them when they first came out. HATED them they needed to be repaired alot
In March or April we purchased the LG Tromm washer and dryers from Home Depot ( we did purchase the stands as well.)
The washer is a steam washer WM2688HWm
the dryer says DLE8377VM
I do laundry absolutely every day & Love them.

I have the Whirlpool Duet as well. I stacked them in my laundry room and it gave me a ton of extra space. I love them.

I purchased BOTH W/D and refridgerators that you are looking for.

LOVE ALL OF THEM.

The fridge is LG brand with built in water dispenser on the front. It is stainless. Model # LFX25960ST

THE W/D is GE brand, w/pedestals purchased. If you are short I would say you can get away with not buying the pedestals. (ours were damaged so for about 2 weeks, I used the W/D without the pedestals, I was starting to get used to it.

Anyway...the model numbers are

Washer-WCVH6600GG
Dryer-DCVH660GH0GG

Let us know what you decide!

We also own the Whirlpool Duet's and love them. We have been in our home for a little over two years and haven't had any problems for them. We bought the bases for them that have the drawers in them, they are a little bit more expensive but it is nice to have that extra storage space.

chefann said:
If you go with front-loaders, you will want to invest in the bases, so you aren't bending over as much to get things in and out.

Or just build a base for them to sit on. My husband's aunt has had hers for years (way longer than it has been fashionable :) ). Her husband built a wooden base that her dryer sits on. Just build one big and strong enough to hold the washer and the dryer. You'll save a fortune.

I have the Kenmore version of the fridge you are looking at, but mine has water on the inside and ice down below. I didn't really want water in the door with my son, and I wanted to be sure that it would work to fill larger pitchers and the coffee pot. You also lose some inside space when the water and ice are outside.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_04675239000P?sbf=Brand&sbv=Kenmore&filter=Color+Family%7CBlack&vName=Appliances&cName=Refrigerators&sName=Bottom+Freezer+Refrigerators

Here is my refrigerator. I LOVE it! I couldn't get the French doors (it sits next to a wall, so you couldn't open them) so I got this one.

I LOVE the fact that the freezer is on the bottom, and that it is a DOOR rather than a drawer. My SIL has a french door/freezer DRAWER and she really doesn't like it. A piece of ice will somehow get behind the drawer and then she can't get it to close. Plus, everything in the drawer gets lost...items are buried by other items that are laying on top.

I also chose to only have the ice MAKER installed....no ice dispenser or water dispenser. (Seems like if you have a problem, those are the things you will have a problem with!!)

I know that isn't what you asked, but I figured you may have never heard my reasonings!!

OK-my fridge died today and because of space constraints, I can only have a side-by-side....I had a Kenmore, and it only lasted 6 years, so who recommends what!

I've currently got a GE Profile that's running strong (13 years old). It's not a side by side, but the quality should be consistent.

Take measurements to the appliance store. You may find that you can find a top- or bottom- mount that will work for you.

chefann said:
Take measurements to the appliance store. You may find that you can find a top- or bottom- mount that will work for you.

Yes, unless you're anxious about "filling in a gap", most refrigerators with the freezer on the top or bottom (I recommend the bottom) are smaller than a side-by-side. Also, they usually make better use of your space and can be more energy efficient.

:angel: Also, please look for Energy Star appliances. So much better for your energy bill and our environment!

I have become faithful to LG. Their products seem to be really good quality!

Rebecca~

I was just thinking of this thread this morning and wondering what you decided! Then, I come on here and it's bumped up to the top again!

Meg~

I surely hope my Kenmore lasts more than 6 years! $1,000 for a fridge...it better last me forever! LOL

love our GE profile it is an artica

Well, I decided to go with the LG WM0642 washer. It was in the top 5 best washers by Consumer Reports and received great user ratings wherever I did my searches. LG was also the award recipient by JD Power. We also purchased the extra warranty since I am worried about getting a lemon.

For the fridge, we bought the Samsung French Door, Bottom Freezer. Samsung was the award recipient as well for JD Power ratings.

Thanks for all of your input!

ShanaSmith said:
I have the Kenmore version of the fridge you are looking at, but mine has water on the inside and ice down below. I didn't really want water in the door with my son, and I wanted to be sure that it would work to fill larger pitchers and the coffee pot. You also lose some inside space when the water and ice are outside.

this is what I have also. Just got it a few months ago we love it! I also didn't want the water outside for the same reasons and its also hard to keep/get clean. Our old fridge was a Kenmore also came with the house and was at least 2o years old!

I haven't heard good things about the LG ref. in this model.

1. What are the latest and greatest appliances currently on the market?

At Pampered Chef, we are constantly researching and testing new appliances to bring our customers the best and most innovative products. Currently, some popular appliances include air fryers, pressure cookers, and multi-cookers.

2. How do you ensure the quality and safety of new appliances?

Before introducing any new appliance to our product line, we conduct thorough tests and quality checks to ensure its safety and functionality. We also adhere to industry standards and regulations to guarantee the highest quality for our customers.

3. Can I find reviews or customer feedback on specific appliances?

Absolutely! We encourage our customers to leave reviews and feedback on our website for all of our products, including new appliances. You can also find reviews and ratings on our social media pages and other online platforms.

4. Are there any special features or benefits of the new appliances?

One of the benefits of purchasing a Pampered Chef appliance is our commitment to providing innovative and convenient features. Our new appliances often come with unique features such as multiple cooking settings, easy-to-use controls, and compact designs for easy storage.

5. Can I get a warranty for new appliances?

Yes, all of our appliances come with a manufacturer's warranty. The length of the warranty may vary depending on the product, but we stand behind the quality and durability of our appliances and offer a warranty to ensure customer satisfaction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
flemings99
  • BethCooks4U
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies