• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pssst! Hey, Buddy! Wanna Buy a Fridge???

In summary, the person has a freezer on the bottom and a refrigerator with a normal door on top. They like the features of the refrigerator and hope it lasts long. They suggest getting the biggest refrigerator possible if you have more than two people living in the house.
lkprescott
Silver Member
Okay so I couldn't help but parody a post of TKG! I couldn't help it... so I'm hopefully in the market for a new fridge one of these days. I LOVE the french door/freezer on the bottom models and hope they're also more energy efficient. Seems that much of that relies more on size of fridge though than style. I'm figuring anything younger than the fridge I have now will be better on energy.

What kind of fridges do you have? What features can you live without? Which features would you never live without?

I love my freezer on the bottom! I don't have the french doors on top though. Definitely look at how the bottom storage is though. I saw a couple that were just a drawer & didn't really want that. Ours has a door with a shelf & a basket that slides in & out.

Oh Lisa! That is exactly the refrigerator I want! however, unless I do a total kitchen remodel, there is no room for it.:cry: There are built in cupboards on either side of our fridge, and so I have to go with one that is the same size. Ours is over 20 years old...and DH just said the other day "I sure hope the fridge doesn't quit working anytime soon." It seems to be working fine, but it is noisy when it is running - and it's just ugly.
Hope you get the fridge of your dreams!

Freezer on the bottom is all I've ever owned. As an IE, I can't understand why you have it on the top when you go into the fridge ALL the time and the freezer on occasion - why bend unnecessarily. They used to be hard to find but they are very common nowadays.

I'm getting a French Door fridge next year when I remodel. Stainless, although I just saw a pic in an advertising circular for Jenn Aire's Oiled Bronze color. It's beautiful, although could end up looking like the old Coppertone appliances if not cared for. :rolleyes:

I have visions of Beaker pulling the shorts down on the coppertone refrigerator.http://www.sptimes.com/2004/09/05/photos/FLO_1_tf5girl7__0905.jpg

I have a frig like Crystals....normal door on top (can't fit French doors here...there is a wall to the left that sticks out, so it must open up towards the right only...) and a DOOR on the bottom. My SIL has the drawer on the bottom and it seems way too easy to get ice stuck behind the drawer, or to bury everything like a chest freezer. Both the top and bottom part of the freezer has a basket that slides out so you can see what's in there. I got the ice maker, but not the ice dispenser. Seems like the water/ice in the door are always the first things to stop working. Plus, it takes up A LOT of storage space by having a dispenser.

I got mine (black, as I could NOT justify an extra $500 for stainless!) and it matches my black/stainless stove. I LOVE my frig and stove!

BTW, it's a Kenmore 22.5 cubic foot. Went from an 18 cf to this....LOVE IT!! It is so nice to be able to buy 4 gallons of milk and not worry about rearranging everything for stuff to fit! My top shelf fits easily: our Gallon QSP, 2 of our small QSP's, 2 half gallons of orange juice, and 6 gallons of milk...still leaving room for my little guys sippy cups, and DH's glass (he always is drinking tea and just puts it back into the frig overnight or when he leaves for work) Get the BIGGEST one you can if you have more than two people living in the house. You will NOT regret it...but you may regret it if you get one that's too small!

KellyTheChef said:
BTW, it's a Kenmore 22.5 cubic foot. Went from an 18 cf to this....LOVE IT!! It is so nice to be able to buy 4 gallons of milk and not worry about rearranging everything for stuff to fit! My top shelf fits easily: our Gallon QSP, 2 of our small QSP's, 2 half gallons of orange juice, and 6 gallons of milk...still leaving room for my little guys sippy cups, and DH's glass (he always is drinking tea and just puts it back into the frig overnight or when he leaves for work) Get the BIGGEST one you can if you have more than two people living in the house. You will NOT regret it...but you may regret it if you get one that's too small!

Mine is exactly like yours but white - don't know the Cubic Foot. It also is a Kenmore/AMANA (same thing).

I think I need to clean mine though! I cannot get 6 gallons of milk in it at a time so I end up at the grocery store every 2-3 days because we go through about 8 gallons a week between DH, DD (6), and DS (3). Good thing I can't drink milk because we'd be dying to have room!

we have a GE Profile with the French Doors on top and the freezer on the bottom. We also have the baskets on the bottom too, it makes it's own ice in there and the fridge has the water button on the inside which i love because my son would soak my floor everyday if it was on the outside. the only complaint is that the water takes a while to fill up a cup, other than that i can't live without my fridge. it was my one big purchase when we bought our house and i love it. the freezer is a little on the smaller side so we also got a Kenmore Freezer (the stand up kind) for our basement.

ginamkiely said:
we have a GE Profile with the French Doors on top and the freezer on the bottom. We also have the baskets on the bottom too, it makes it's own ice in there and the fridge has the water button on the inside which i love because my son would soak my floor everyday if it was on the outside. the only complaint is that the water takes a while to fill up a cup, other than that i can't live without my fridge. it was my one big purchase when we bought our house and i love it. the freezer is a little on the smaller side so we also got a Kenmore Freezer (the stand up kind) for our basement.

*fridge envy*

We definitely need something like this, fridge wise. I'm so tired of no light and a freezer that's so hard to keep organized. The fridge I have yet was my very first one and was a demo off the floor of their lowest cost model at the time...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That was cold.

Oooh... chilly words there... ;) Don't worry... you'll thaw in no time..

KellyTheChef said:
I have a frig like Crystals....normal door on top (can't fit French doors here...there is a wall to the left that sticks out, so it must open up towards the right only...) and a DOOR on the bottom. My SIL has the drawer on the bottom and it seems way too easy to get ice stuck behind the drawer, or to bury everything like a chest freezer. Both the top and bottom part of the freezer has a basket that slides out so you can see what's in there. I got the ice maker, but not the ice dispenser. Seems like the water/ice in the door are always the first things to stop working. Plus, it takes up A LOT of storage space by having a dispenser.

I got mine (black, as I could NOT justify an extra $500 for stainless!) and it matches my black/stainless stove. I LOVE my frig and stove!

*fridge envy*... 4 gallons? I can barely make room when I bring 3 1/2gallon cartons (I get the organic stuff and our market doesn't carry it in gallons) home, especially if there's still juice, a milk and whatever our 'boarder' has in there. Granted I do have to clean it out... it's easy to ignore things in the fridge though with no light. I occasionally poke things back to the back with a stick and toss out any nasties that make their way front but I'm afraid of what truly lurks. :yuck: I'm really hoping that one day, I'll have a fridge I take pride in, that has a light to keep out the fridge monsters and a freezer that freezes things not thaws them out... and a fridge that keeps things cold but not frozen... as it is, I drool at the Lowe's sales flyers when they come in and occasionally shop to compare online efficiency ratings and such... I'm worried about the lack of space in our kitchen too... though DH said we could knock out the wall to the guest room *bye bye boarder* to make more space... but the flow is still off... it's just a kitchen that never made sense... though perhaps when it was built (pre-indoor plumbing and appliances) it did? I just don't know...

ginamkiely said:

this is what we have also...I love it! although a lot of the time it looks empty because its so big !!:) we also have another smaller fridge in the basement we use mostly for the freezer space and the fridge for bottled water/powerade/canned soda

lkprescott said:
Oooh... chilly words there... ;) Don't worry... you'll thaw in no time..
No, I can't eat chilly anymore, I'm too sensitive to the spices.

Does it give you DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE?!?!!? :yuck: :yuck: Poor Kat Lady!!!

I have the freezer drawer on the bottom...love it. My parents have one too, they love it! I don't have French doors but one of my customers does and I would love that design too!

No, but after I take my script diuretic, my body expels great quantities of dihydrogen monoxide.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, but after I take my script diuretic, my body expels great quantities of dihydrogen monoxide.

LMAO...I was waiting for a great come back and you have once again...met my expectations!!!

baychef said:
LMAO...I was waiting for a great come back and you have once again...met my expectations!!!
Once again, another perfectly good thread down the toilet...this really stinks...

KG started it!! (big suprize there!)

No I didn't. This was a parody to start with!Okay, it's a parody of my thread but I didn't start it.

You didn't start the thread, but you did start the hijack:p :p :p :p (neener, neener, neener)

By definition, a parody IS a hijack.:p Thrpbtfpbt!:p

Now now kids... TKG's right... this was a parody, it just so happened to be an INTERESTING parody.. *cough*... filled with useful information (and a wee bit fridge envy on my part) rather than simply... funny haha..

A parody with purpose even...

And back on topic... I had time to myself tonight after I had dinner with a friend so I stopped in at Lowes and ogled the fridges. I had fun opening the doors and pretending they were little lost puppies who could follow me home... alas, none did. I also made a washer/dryer set feel uncomfortable with my too-long stare... alas, another appliance, just.. out... of ... reach...:cry:

On an up note, DH noted that with our returning good credit we could take advantage of one of those deals they have every now and again... course we have to solve the car crisis first... *sigh* it's always something. Where's that darned winning lottery ticket when you need it...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No I didn't. This was a parody to start with!

Okay, it's a parody of my thread but I didn't start it.

No... you did inspire it however... and that's close enough in my book. :p

lkprescott said:
No... you did inspire it however... and that's close enough in my book. :p

Ya...what she said
catfight.gif

Hee-hee - I guess my pun about the toilet after KG's spiel on diuretics was a bit crappy...back to refrigerators...

janetupnorth said:
Hee-hee - I guess my pun about the toilet after KG's spiel on diuretics was a bit crappy...back to refrigerators...
GROAN!!!:p

Well, I know you are talking about appliances and such...my Dad just had a new high rise toilet put in! He now has a penthouse view!!
ATT7.gif

baychef said:
Well, I know you are talking about appliances and such...my Dad just had a new high rise toilet put in! He now has a penthouse view!!
ATT7.gif

heeee heee Now....DH has *toilet envy*!! He has always wanted a toilet that was tall enough so he legs don't fall asleep when he reads on the throne!

KellyTheChef said:
heeee heee Now....DH has *toilet envy*!! He has always wanted a toilet that was tall enough so he legs don't fall asleep when he reads on the throne!

Sounds like DH needs more fiber. LOL..

Ahh... toilets.. thats' a whole 'nother thread... and yet another thing that needs replacing in my house. LOL... aah... the stories I could tell of my hopper... at times I think it's attempting to stage a coup to overthrow the household - thankfully the plunger is threat enough to keep it at bay. LOL... :rolleyes:

lkprescott said:
Sounds like DH needs more fiber. LOL..

Ahh... toilets.. thats' a whole 'nother thread... and yet another thing that needs replacing in my house. LOL... aah... the stories I could tell of my hopper... at times I think it's attempting to stage a coup to overthrow the household - thankfully the plunger is threat enough to keep it at bay. LOL... :rolleyes:

Ahhh, but for how long, Lisa......for how long?....( cue threateningly eerie music)

:eek:

ChefBeckyD said:
Ahhh, but for how long, Lisa......for how long?....( cue threateningly eerie music)

:eek:

I don't knooooowwwww.... :cry:

I must dethrone the throne before he becomes a terrible despot!

*giggle* that was almost too easy. LOL

If you need a new biffy, a new one can be ordered with a couple of simple phone Kohlers.

Uhh... TKG... that was a bit of a stretch... nice try though. It just didn't bowl me over. I think with the men I have in my house, I'd need a royal flush, that's for sure.

I thought I'd just pipe up about a local employer before they pack up and flush out to a different state because our plumb crazy government in Wisconsin continues to sink in taxes.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I thought I'd just pipe up about a local employer before they pack up and flush out to a different state because our plumb crazy government in Wisconsin continues to sink in taxes.

Yanno... I could segway this into a talk about a 'local' chocolate company looking to do the same but somehow going from potty talk to chocolate seems... wrong. :p

Kelly...your DH's legs are long, but does he have a wide stance?:eek:

Related to Pssst! Hey, Buddy! Wanna Buy a Fridge???

What kind of fridges do you have?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a variety of fridges to fit your needs. We have top-freezer, bottom-freezer, side-by-side, and French door models, all from top brands like Whirlpool, Samsung, and LG.

What features can you live without?

While everyone's needs are different, some features that many people can live without include a water and ice dispenser, a built-in TV, and a door-in-door design. These features can add to the cost of the fridge and may not be necessary for everyone.

Which features would you never live without?

Again, this may vary depending on personal preferences, but some features that are commonly considered essential include adjustable shelving, temperature-controlled drawers, and energy efficiency. These features make organizing and preserving food much easier and can also save on energy costs in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaggedyAunt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
merego
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies