• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Let My Host's Mother-in-Law Buy Her P.C. Pots and Pans at Half Price?

In summary, the question of whether to allow a host's mother-in-law to purchase Pampered Chef pots and pans at half price is a common one among consultants. The answer is yes, as long as the host earns the product through her own party sales. These purchases will also count towards the consultant's monthly sales, helping them reach their goals and earn rewards. Whether or not to try and convince the mother-in-law to pay full price is ultimately up to the consultant and the host, but it is important to consider the host's wishes and prioritize maintaining a positive relationship. Ultimately, the consultant should communicate openly and find a mutually beneficial solution.
melodyprine
Hi everybody my name is Melody. I am 23 yrs old, been married for 5 1/2 yrs, and have two beautiful little girls. If you would like to know more about me you can check out my myspace page.
I have been selling P.C. since this past Nov. and am loving it. Right now I am in my second super starter month and am desperate to earn my sec. mth kit. I earned my first mth kit by the skin of my teeth. (really by like $6.) Ha ha. I have been working super hard. I make phone calls and send emails everyday. I want to be really successful at this, which brings me to my questions.
Ok so here is my dilemma. I have a show booked for the 20th of the mth. The host just graduated from Nursing School. Ok well she is very interested in the pots and pans. When she told me this the other day I told her that if she earns a 1/2 priced product she can buy the set of cookware from the back of the book. Ok now today I get an email from her mother in law and she told me that Amanda (my host) told her for her Grad gift she wanted her to contribute to her P.c. pots and pans. Now the Mother in law said that she wanted to buy them for her in secret, but in the same sentence she said that Amanda said somthing about them at 1/2 priced. Ok so here is where my questions come in. If my host or her mother in law buys them at the half price does it count towards my mthly sales? My next question is should I try to talk the mother in law to just buying them at reg price and let my host use her own 1/2 item on something else (like the chefs tools). I know if my host found out that someone was going to use her 1/2 priced item to buy her the pots and pans she would be happy, so I dont know what to do. Am I being selfish? I dont know what to think. I want to do what is right, but I also want to make my sales. Any help on this would be great. I dont know what to do.
Well I look foward to meeting alot of you on here. I love my pampered chef business and love learning new ways to improve it.

Melody Prine
Independent Consultant

Welcome! I am just a bit ahead of you, completing my SS month 3 last month...but I know for sure that you will not get the commission off of a half off..whether it is out of the catalog or a combo. Also, you don't know if her show will earn her a half price item yet...Sorry I am not a big help!

So do you think that I would be better off talking the m-in-law into buying them herself and leaving the half priced item for the host to spend? Oh and I do understand that she has to have at least a $300 show to get a half priced item but I have a feeling that she wont have a problem.

I can't think of a way that you would be able to give her a total and close her show w/o her knowing about the 1/2 item......unless she used a CC# to pay, and you were able to give her one total, but actually charge another total......

Does her MIL sound willing to pay full price? You could explain to her that the only way to keep the secret would be for her to pay full price......actually, when I think about it, there is no way to keep a secret....hmmmmm - I'm stumped!

She does need to hit $300 to qualify for the 1/2 price special on the pots. I would mention to her MIL that there is no way for you to keep it secret about the pots as Amanda will be choosing what she wants at 1/2 off and so she'd find out at that time.

You might suggest to her MIL that she hold a catalog show, collect $300 in orders and then order the pots as her 50% off option which would allow her to surprise Amanda. Then talk Amanda into ordering a pot/pan that is NOT part of the set for her 50% off item.

Also remember that this month Amanda can order a pan/pot at 60% off - if her MIL booked off of her show (yes she can collect orders before then just don't submit her show until a couple days after amanda's) they would each be able to get a piece of cookware at 60% off at the MILs show.

Worse thing that can happen is that the MIL decides to tell Amanda what she is doing for the cookware, you have 2 happy customers, and a successful show even if the big ticket items don't contribute to your commissionable sales.

tlennhoff said:
You might suggest to her MIL that she hold a catalog show, collect $300 in orders and then order the pots as her 50% off option which would allow her to surprise Amanda. Then talk Amanda into ordering a pot/pan that is NOT part of the set for her 50% off item.QUOTE]

Hmmmm, Im really liking this idea. Mabey I should run it by her. I was wanting to somehow get some more shows in this mth. That would be one good way.

You guys are awesome.

And, she may order them for herself if she doesn't realize that the MIL is paying for them!!

Well Im sure when the show is over the MIL will be ok with me telling her then that she is paying for them. I just think she wants it to be a secret for now.

1. Should I let my host's mother-in-law buy her P.C. pots and pans at half price?

This is a common question among Pampered Chef consultants. The short answer is yes, you can allow your host's mother-in-law to purchase the pots and pans at half price, as long as the host earns the half-priced product through her own party sales.

2. Will the purchase count towards my monthly sales?

Yes, any purchases made at your party, including the half-priced pots and pans, will count towards your monthly sales. This can help you reach your sales goals and earn rewards.

3. Should I try to talk the mother-in-law into buying the pots and pans at regular price?

It is ultimately up to you and your host to decide if the mother-in-law should purchase the pots and pans at regular price. If the host specifically requested the pots and pans as a gift, it may be best to honor her wishes and allow the mother-in-law to contribute towards them. However, if the mother-in-law is open to purchasing something else at regular price, you can suggest alternative products such as the chef's tools.

4. Am I being selfish by wanting to make my sales?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to meet your sales goals in order to grow your business and earn rewards. However, it is also important to prioritize the satisfaction of your host and her guests. If allowing the mother-in-law to purchase the pots and pans at half price will make your host happy, it may be worth considering.

5. What should I do in this situation?

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. Consider the feelings and wishes of your host and her mother-in-law, as well as the potential impact on your sales. Communicate openly with both parties and come to a mutually beneficial solution. Remember, the most important thing is to maintain a positive relationship with your host and provide a great experience for her and her guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Teresa Johnson
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
KylieBee17
Replies