• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Having a Yard Sale This Weekend... What Should I Put Out?

In summary, Sherri did a base flea market and put out expired catalogs with the expired poem on labels stuck to the front. She got a few forms for people who wanted to be on her newsletter and one fundraiser lead.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
I just purchsed a new house in a brand new (for me) small town. I've been here since March so it's time to have a yard sale. So Saturday is the day. I want to put out a table or info to draw people in to book a show. My van has a decal so the neighbors know I'm a consultant. I've even gotten a chance to talk to a couple of them. I thought about putting up a sign today or tomorrow saying.

Yard Sale HERE - Sat. 9/11 (Or just SALE HERE Saturday?)

Should I mention a PC Sale? I need help with ideas on what to put out. Words to say on signage...

In the past I usually put a small table up by where I'm taking money with SB and catalogs, but don't usually get a ton of response. How about making a FREE Shipping Sign if they order today or another type of special for booking that day? I was also tossing around the idea of put up the offer about recruiting? I'm unsure of how to approach. I'm really excited, but nervous to step up my business.

P.S. - I'm also having a "Come see my new house" party on Sunday night with friends and family. Besides putting up drinks and snacks and showing them around, how should I try to gather orders &/or book shows?

Do a drawing for a "free show"! I wouldn't put out products. People will think they're for sale at yard sale prices, lol. But put out catalogs, minis, and signs for a drawing for a free show and you may get a response!

Did you read the I Can Do It e-mail? A Consultant got quite a few leads at her yard sale by wearing her apron and putting out catalogs. Here's the text:

From Consultant Jenny Tucker, Ohio

A yard sale really helped jump-start my business. By the end of the day, not only were the closets cleared out, but I booked three Shows and expanded my contact list!
The key was having the right “ingredients” in place. I wore my Pampered Chef® apron and set out catalogs and copies of the September and October specials. The Host Rewards Program page in the catalog was great for showing how hosts could get free and half-price products. I said, “If you love The Pampered Chef® and you want to have some fun, this is the way to learn how to make great food for about $2 a serving and get those products you've been wanting.”

Hope your yard sale is a huge success as well!

Thanks all... I haven't had much luck yet today, but at least they know I'm here...

I wouldn't offer free shipping, there's no benefit to you at all. Offer a free s/b or even free rub, at least you'll get the sales commission from it.

I had a sign for a free cooking show drawing and catalogs and such at my yard sale last month, but unfortunately I have a mostly hispanic neighborhood that does not speak english, and it didn't work out so well. One person took a catalog, that's it. I will keep doing it cause you never know, lol, but I hope it worked out better for you!

I just moved to a different military base in Japan. I did a base flea market this last weekend and put out expired S/S catalogs with the expired poem on labels stuck to the front. Then I put in an insert with Oct/Nov host & guest specials printed on one side and fundraiser info on the other side. I didn't book any shows, but did give awY several catalogs, walked away with about 6-7 forms for people who wanted to be on my newsletter and one fundraiser lead. So it does't hurt to try. You never know where those contacts might lead in the future. ;)

Sheila said:
I just moved to a different military base in Japan. I did a base flea market this last weekend and put out expired S/S catalogs with the expired poem on labels stuck to the front. Then I put in an insert with Oct/Nov host & guest specials printed on one side and fundraiser info on the other side. I didn't book any shows, but did give awY several catalogs, walked away with about 6-7 forms for people who wanted to be on my newsletter and one fundraiser lead. So it does't hurt to try. You never know where those contacts might lead in the future. ;)

Exactly... and if your main goal was to have a yard sale... then any PC business you get on the side is a bonus!

Sherri.... how'd it turn out in the end? Any leads?

I booked a show and got an order.... So all wasn't lost...

:D Congrats!!!

I want to ask a question here - since I am about to do the same thing for the first time. we have a yard sale this Saturday and Sunday. I was looking at all the pictures of the festivals and fairs, do you think it is a good idea to put together one of those tri-fold board displays with the hosting benefits and specials? (assuming it is not in a windy area)Thanks,
Ashley

Ashley, I think the thing you have to ask yourself is are you there for a yard sale or to promote your biz? A huge display might detract people from your yard sale if they feel pressured to be solicited to! Something small just saying, hey, you're a consultant, a drawing or leads box or catalogs (I usually use expired catalogs with the labels on the front, and a leads slip I made myself) would help depending on your area. Mine isn't the greatest because of communication issues, but like the "I can do it!" email said, it works for some people!

Thanks. Most of my neighborhood does not know I am a consultant, so I want to let them know... (and hopefully get some bookings) but my main focus is a yard sale. Maybe I will skip the tri-fold this weekend (one less thing to try and do in prep ;-D ).Thanks for the thoughts. Looking forward to making some new contacts!!

1. What items should I put out for my yard sale?

It's important to keep in mind that people come to yard sales looking for bargains, so don't price items too high. Some common items that tend to sell well at yard sales include furniture, clothing, books, toys, and household items.

2. How should I price my items?

There are a few different ways to price items at a yard sale. You can individually price each item, use a color-coded system (e.g. all items with a blue sticker are $1), or have a "fill-a-bag" deal where customers can fill a bag with items for a set price. Whatever method you choose, be sure to clearly label prices and have a designated area for payment.

3. Should I advertise my yard sale?

Yes! Advertising can help attract more customers to your yard sale. You can post about it on social media, put up signs around your neighborhood, or list it on online yard sale sites. Be sure to include the date, time, and location in your advertisements.

4. What should I do with items that don't sell?

If you have leftover items that don't sell, you can either try selling them at a future yard sale or consider donating them to a local charity. Many charities will even pick up items from your house for free.

5. What should I do with the money I make at my yard sale?

That's up to you! Some people use the money to pay off bills or save for a vacation, while others simply treat themselves to something nice. It's always a good idea to have a plan for what you want to do with the money before the yard sale starts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mindyanne44
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefloretta
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies