• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Get More Bookings as a New Consultant?

not sure what to do about this.I'm not sure what you mean by "almost all of my hosts and guests have been friends or friends of my in-laws". Are you saying that most of your guests are people you know or people who know your in-laws? If so, then it might be harder to get them to commit to hosting a show. If you are only getting guests who are unfamiliar with the product, then it might be harder to convince them to host a show.I think you should try to get guests who are unfamiliar with the product. They are more likely to be open to hosting a show if they don't know what they are getting themselves into.
salthechef
I'm a new consultant, and got my first shows booked, and my first show was fantastic, over $800 with 2 bookings. That was the last booking i got from a show. :( I have some info to explain the benefits better, so i hope that will help. The problem is, i have pc as a second job, because i don't like to push sales a lot, so i want the people who book to really want to do it. Ironic, i know for a sales person to not want to covince people to buy. :p I have talked about my work, give out business cards, my wife talks about it at work and has a catalog out with my info, and i put up a table at the family yard sale offering free cooking shows to bookings in June and July, but not a single taker. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Did you talk to people about hosting a show, or just rely on the sign? My experience so far has been "the more people you ask, the more success you will attain". So, most of my bookings come from me talking to people. I have not had a whole lot of success getting bookings from my shows. SOme, but not as many as I would like. Ask, ask and ask some more. Maybe offer some type of booking incentive. Like, I sent out my July newsletter and offered the Salad spinner or choppers for FREE if they booked a show that was at least $300 in sales. Guess what?? Got 2 bookings out of it. THe most important thing I'll say to you is to not give up. Good luck, keep us posted!!

Call people and ask them.

One thing I've learned is not to over-explain the host benefits. Most people don't understand it & it goes over their heads. Save that for host-coaching. Instead, you could mention how when they have their own show, they will get a free shopping spree. You could even say that the (or your) average host gets a $100 free shopping spree to give them a better idea of what they can expect.

Don't know if you are doing it or not, but ASK every person at checkout--no matter what they put on their drawing slip. Most of my hosts were no's or didn't check anything on the slip. I hate being pushy too, but I think it's more like a waiter asking you if you want dessert. They aren't being pushy if you don't, but maybe you wouldn't have said you wanted it if they didn't ask.

I agree with don't overly explain or explode the host benefits. It's too much to take in at once and people assume they will have to work a lot to get that much in benefits (I think this comes from people who have had shows with other DS companies that offer soo much, but only after you do soo much.)
I would make sure that you ask each person individually. And for explaining the benefits just say -- The Pampered Chef has a great host benefit program and my average host receives $60-90 in free products. (or whatever you average host gets....if you don't have an average yet, use the companies average...I think it is $90 in free)
I have trouble with really asking people. I hint at it and expect the prospective host to jump up and say I want to host, but I know with time and lots of practice and guts I will keep on and try harder.

I agree with what has been said here. You have to ASK. I am like you in that I don't want to seem pushy... but I have recently changed my outlook on asking people to host. They aren't doing me a favor by hosting a show... I am creating an opportunity for them to get free, discounted and 1/2 price products. AND a fun evening with friends. I look at asking like giving them a gift... a gift of FREE STUFF!! Who wouldn't want free stuff? I think you need to look at why you feel that asking is being pushy... They can always say no, and that isn't about you either... it is about them and the things going on in thier lives.

Thanks! I appreciate the advice and the encouragement. I think part of the problem is that almost all of my hosts and guests have been friends or friends of my in-laws, and they are just attending and buying a little something to help, but don't want the hassle or involvement of a party. They aren't interested enough to really get in to a party. I'm trying to get a little outside my immediate circle of friends and accquaintances, and can't seem to break out.

Go fill out you list of 100...really think about it. How about acquaintences you haven't seen for a while...or talked to...be excited when you talk to people. You're right. You have to get outside your "circle" It's kinda scary, but it really helps!

Don't forget to ask people if they know of someone else who might be interested. Also, ask your friends/relatives to invite people that you don't know. (Maybe their guest can bring a friend?)

Good Luck! Run with it!

--Jenny L

Something that I am doing is I am having a mystery host over 2 dates in August. I have been calling asking for bookings and if somebody says no, I asked if they would mind if I invited them to my mystery host that I am having and if they wouldn't mind inviting a friend or 2 that I don't know. People have been really receptive to this, so hopefully it will be a good turnout!

What a good idea! Even after making my suggestion to Sal, I have had mystery shows and never thought to ask them to invite a friend. Goes to show we should listen to our own advice!

--Jenny L

at my first mystery host last spring I mentioned something on the invite about bringing a friend or oof and getting a ticket, but I didn't stress it and nobody brought friends :(, so this time I thought I would go for the gold as I really want to have at least 6 shows per month! Hopefully it will work!

I've heard of the mystery host shows, but how does that work?

GourmetGirl said:
Something that I am doing is I am having a mystery host over 2 dates in August. I have been calling asking for bookings and if somebody says no, I asked if they would mind if I invited them to my mystery host that I am having and if they wouldn't mind inviting a friend or 2 that I don't know. People have been really receptive to this, so hopefully it will be a good turnout!

I like this idea! I was thinking of having an open house in August or early September (holiday ones never turn out for me!). I think I'll stress how I would appreciate if they bring one or two people I don't know. I'm pretty far outside my circle now, but I really want to step up my # of shows.

I, too, need bookings, as some shows have canceled on me. So, I emailed folks with this information and am talking about it at my upcoming shows. Plus, getting on the phone too.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Attachments

• Booking Special Email Document.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 660
  • Open Date Card 2a.doc
    53 KB · Views: 462
Thanks for the help, i had a show saturday, and got 2 bookings with all the suggestions i got. My first bookings off of a show since my first show! Yea! Thank you!

salthechef said:
Thanks! I appreciate the advice and the encouragement. I think part of the problem is that almost all of my hosts and guests have been friends or friends of my in-laws, and they are just attending and buying a little something to help, but don't want the hassle or involvement of a party. They aren't interested enough to really get in to a party. I'm trying to get a little outside my immediate circle of friends and accquaintances, and can't seem to break out.

As a new consultant it is also taking me time to break out of my immediate circle of friends. But I did my first "Open House" a couple weeks ago and VOILA I have almost 10 bookings from that, alone. :D Once they all saw a cooking show in action, they were ready to talk. I splurged and bought more food than I normally would, showed off more tools that I might normally and, surprisingly, I even forgot to talk up the benefits of hosting like we're supposed to. I was incredibly nervous cooking for my own peers, but I actually think that helped me (if that's possible). They all seemed to want to help out, which is obviously GREAT for me!

The sales were horrible, my worst so far (maybe $350), but getting 9-10 bookings on the record was phenominal and I'm hoping that will be the ticket to breaking out of my own circle of family/friends. Good luck and keep us posted on what works for you!

pamperedgirl3 said:
One thing I've learned is not to over-explain the host benefits. Most people don't understand it & it goes over their heads. Save that for host-coaching. Instead, you could mention how when they have their own show, they will get a free shopping spree. You could even say that the (or your) average host gets a $100 free shopping spree to give them a better idea of what they can expect.
I think if you are excited about them getting a free shopping spree for hosting, then when they book and you host coach, all the other benefits for the host will be even more exciting - it'll be like icing on the cake!
pamperedgirl3 said:
Don't know if you are doing it or not, but ASK every person at checkout--no matter what they put on their drawing slip. Most of my hosts were no's or didn't check anything on the slip. I hate being pushy too, but I think it's more like a waiter asking you if you want dessert. They aren't being pushy if you don't, but maybe you wouldn't have said you wanted it if they didn't ask.
I love this! Awesome way of thinking that really changes one's perspective..
lovemykids said:
The sales were horrible, my worst so far (maybe $350), but getting 9-10 bookings on the record was phenominal and I'm hoping that will be the ticket to breaking out of my own circle of family/friends. Good luck and keep us posted on what works for you!
This is AWESOME! Great job!! :)

Last edited:
I also am fairly new to this business and have also been having trouble breaking out of the family and friends circle. Something that I started recently and really seems to help is be a walking billboard for the company. I wear PC shirts to the gym, grocery store, everywhere and people have been starting the conversation with me. Also, I started offering my hosts $10.00 off their order for each booking they get me from their show. This really has gone over big and I don't feel like I'm being aggressive. Once you count in the commission you make on their order your really not giving that much away and at the start of your business you have to spend money to make money.

Jennifer

A great way to break out of your original circle is to address all invites to "Mary Jones & Guest". I found that it was the friend's guests that booked with me and got me out of my original circle.

Also bumping this one!

I should have mentioned that I bumped a thread from 2007 because it had some great info. Just in case the OP doesn't respond, I didn't want you to think he/she was rude.

This information is very helpful to those of us that are new. Thanks for sharing all of these ideas with us.

Bill-newbie

What is the best way to get bookings for my Pampered Chef party?

The best way to get bookings is by reaching out to your personal network of friends, family, and colleagues. You can also utilize social media and online platforms to promote your party and reach a larger audience.

How do I approach potential hosts for a Pampered Chef party?

When approaching potential hosts, it's important to be genuine and personal. Let them know why you think they would be a great host and how hosting a Pampered Chef party can benefit them. You can also offer incentives and rewards to entice them to host.

What are some creative ways to get bookings for my Pampered Chef party?

Some creative ways to get bookings include hosting a virtual party, offering themed parties such as a holiday baking party, and partnering with other businesses or organizations for a joint party. You can also offer exclusive discounts or free products for guests who book their own parties.

How can I overcome objections when trying to get bookings?

It's important to listen to and understand the objections of potential hosts. Address their concerns and offer solutions, such as hosting a smaller party with just a few close friends or hosting a virtual party. You can also offer a flexible and customizable party experience to cater to their needs.

What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help with getting bookings?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help with getting bookings, including training and support from other consultants, marketing materials, and a personalized website to promote your parties. You can also utilize the company's social media channels and online community for tips and ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMR1984
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • ValM2010
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cheflorraine