• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yard Sale Success: What Has Worked for You?

In summary, setting up a table and giving out catalogs or flyers to passersby may help attract customers to your yard sale.
mpkegley
I am having a yard sale next weekend and was just wondering. Has anyone tried putting out a table, etc to help get bookings/sales? Can you tell me what worked for you? Thanks!

I have not had any success with the yard sale thing. If it is a huge yard sale (like a community, or church) I could see getting some traffic but a single family yard sale is alot harder. The most I got was 2 catty shows from one yard sale but they both fell through. I got alot of people mentioning to each other how they get all their PC stuff from other yard sales and they would never pay outright for them :eek: ! If you do one I would suggest making a simple reciepe to draw people to the table. Don't mean to sound like a pessimist, just because I didn't have success doesn't mean you won't :) !

Good Luck

Jennifer

I never have.

That is what I was wondering, if anyone had any success. I hate to go to a bunch of trouble trying to set up a table and have no luck. But at the same time, I am thinking if it gets me one show that it might be worth it. I was thinking of setting up a door prize so that people would fill out a door prize slip.

I did a local big yard sale and booked two shows out of it. Wasn't fabulous but I did get a lot of leads and two shows. I had lots and lots of mini catalogs to hand out, plus a number of full size catalogs (for upon request only) and a bunch of outside order forms. I also had guest slips for a drawing for a free trifle bowl.

A yard sale in your yard would give you the advantage of meeting local people who may not know you are a consultant, so I'd definitely do it.

If I were to do it again, I would probably do a booking incentive (free catalog added to the order of anyone who booked a show right then -- have calendar with your available dates sitting there). If you want close-in bookings you could do something like the unlimited 50% off show for the host for shows booked within the next 3 weeks (only for shows over $400 in guest sales -- you lost the commission on the hosts order, but get it on the guests sales AND get in front of lots of new people at their show. A $400 show the host already has 2 half price and 20% off so you are giving them and extra 30% off of only those items not received with the FPV and not part of the shows 1/2 price items. Definitely make sure that the two most expensive 1/2 price items are the checked 1/2 price items).

Related to Yard Sale Success: What Has Worked for You?

1. How can I effectively advertise my yard sale?

One effective way to advertise your yard sale is to post on online classified websites such as Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. You can also put up signs in your neighborhood and surrounding areas. Don't forget to mention the date, time, and location of your yard sale.

2. What items typically sell well at yard sales?

Items that tend to sell well at yard sales include furniture, clothing, toys, household items, and tools. It's also a good idea to have a variety of items at different price points to attract a larger range of customers.

3. How should I price my items?

When pricing your items, consider their original cost, condition, and how much you are willing to part with them. A good rule of thumb is to price items at about 25-30% of their original value. You can also use colored stickers to indicate different price points.

4. What are some tips for organizing and displaying items at a yard sale?

It's important to have a clear and organized display of your items to attract customers. Group similar items together and make sure they are clean and in good condition. Hang clothing on racks or display them on tables. Use tables or shelves to display smaller items and make sure they are clearly priced.

5. How can I make my customers feel comfortable and welcome at my yard sale?

Creating a welcoming atmosphere at your yard sale can encourage customers to stay longer and potentially make more purchases. Play some music, offer refreshments, and be friendly and approachable. It's also a good idea to have a designated area for customers to try on clothing or test out electronic items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • cwinter474
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies