• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have a Sign in Your Yard? Pampered Chef Ideas & Suggestions

I'm wondering if someone has a sign in their yard saying they sell PC's. I live in a nice neighborhood and I'm starting to get a lot of drive-by sales. I've been thinking about getting a sign. What do you think of the idea?
cwinter474
Gold Member
Just wondering, does anyone have a sign in their yard saying that they sell PC, or maybe a take one now catalog box in their yard.

My Avon lady has a sign in her yard, simply says "AVON" and her phone number. Says she gets alot of drive by sells and calls.

I'm wondering do you have a sign? What do you think of the idea? If you have a sign, does it work for you.

I signed up in Novemer, I have a window decal on both rear windows of my mini van and the big white PC decal from Murrell on the back hatch. I wear shirts and carry a consultant bag with catalogs just about everywhere I go. I haven't had anyone approach me, yet....

Any suggestions???

Carol

I have a sign at the end of my drive. I live out the in middle of nowhere, but I get the occasional call. As a matter of fact, I was giving a repairman directions to our house and mentioned the sign. He asked for a catalog. I'm guessing that if you live where there's a bit more traffic, it might generate more interest.

I've been thinking about doing a sign in my yard, too. If I ever get my act together and place a Merrill order, I might just go ahead and get one.
Question...with the decals on your window, do you have to contact your insurance company (auto) and let them know you're doing that? I've always wondered if that would affect my policy, since it would be like turning it into a business use instead of standard use (when I started staying home with my kids two years ago, the insurance company lowered my rate because I wasn't driving 20 miles a day to and from work...I just don't want to see the rate go back up again!).

Can the signs from Merrill give a phone number? I wonder if our Home's Owner's Association would say anything about the sign. We live on a cut through street so would get some visability.

The signs from Merrill don't give you the option to order with your phone number, but they have the logo and color images, which is really nice. And they're $9 off right now (not that almost $16 is a bargain, but better than almost $25!). I think you could probably take it to a sign shop and have them put phone info on there, in the upper right corner...

I think someone on here said that as long as your phone number isn't on it, your fine. But you should check with your insurance company if you have any questions.

I would put a sign if DH would let me. He doesn't even want me to put car stickers or license plate covers. Oh well.

I do have to say that in the very nice neighborhood my inlaws live in, there was a new house built and right on the corner of the lawn, a Mary Kay lady put a "street sign" that had "Mary Kay Lane" on one side and something else on the other side. Both MIL and SIL thought it was tacky because it was so big, pink and in a very "tacky" spot according to them. So you may want to consider your neighbors thoughts depending on the size and location of the sign (like on the corner of your lot or blocking driveway views).

Try reading the "PC Decal on my SUV" thread-there is a lot of conversation about all of this

I put PC stickers on my mailbox, which is on the street. I haven't really gotten any extra interest (don't have my phone # on it though), but it really helps give direction. I've seen more tacky type advertising. I think nice signs are okay. There is a TS consultant across the street and it was nice to know that!

Thanks for all the replys, My phone number isn't on our van, with all the problems now adays with road rage and all didn't think that was a good idea, not that I'm a bad driver.... but you know what I mean. I never even thought about car insurance problems, hummm

The Murrell sign is HUGE in my opinion. I was thinking something smaller, like 12x12. Wonder if their would be a Logo issue? If I went to a local sign shop, like those that sell real estate signs.

cwinter474 said:
Wonder if their would be a Logo issue? If I went to a local sign shop, like those that sell real estate signs.

That is against policies to take the PC logo to another vendor for reproduction. The only logo materials available are through Merrill.

Thanks, I should have known that, if I had just stopped and thought....

Be aware that some municipalities have no-sign ordinances, as well as some neighborhood associations. So even though it's a small sign (like political candidate yard signs), check with your city's code department.

sklay723 said:
The signs from Merrill don't give you the option to order with your phone number, but they have the logo and color images, which is really nice. And they're $9 off right now (not that almost $16 is a bargain, but better than almost $25!).

Yes! I purchased one of the Merrill yard signs recently because of the discount. What a bargain! I got mine basically to help with directions when I do shows. I'm not sure if I would keep it outside my home all the time. Sure I want business but do I honestly want a bunch of strangers constantly knocking on my door. :eek:

See, living out here in the boonies, I forget about some of the neighborhood rules.

I'm glad you mentioned size. I would want a pretty sign that could hang off the bottom of my mailbox like some of the holiday ones. My husband would not like a permanent fixture in our yard but he might be willing to let me put it up the week I'm hosting an open house or before the holidays when people are buying. I need to get a front license plate one. He'd really hate that as well but if it looked classy he might be okay with it...

sklay723 said:
I've been thinking about doing a sign in my yard, too. If I ever get my act together and place a Merrill order, I might just go ahead and get one.
Question...with the decals on your window, do you have to contact your insurance company (auto) and let them know you're doing that? I've always wondered if that would affect my policy, since it would be like turning it into a business use instead of standard use (when I started staying home with my kids two years ago, the insurance company lowered my rate because I wasn't driving 20 miles a day to and from work...I just don't want to see the rate go back up again!).
Don't mean to "bump" this thread, but fyi - I contacted my insurance company just asking about advertising on my vehichle and this is what I was told by State Farm "if you are driving your vehichle more than 50% of the time for business, then it has to be reclassified as a business vehichle". I asked if that was strictly mileage to/from shows, or does it include to the bank, post office, groc. store, etc. I was told that if I count those miles as business miles (and write them off on taxes - which I do), then yes. So, I had to change my policy and it did go up, but only about $9.00 a month - so not bad, but still irked me. I'm just not a dishonest person, so I couldn't lie about it. Just thought you might like to know.

1. Do I have to have a sign in my yard to host a Pampered Chef party?

No, having a sign in your yard is completely optional. We understand that not everyone may feel comfortable displaying a sign in their yard, so it is not a requirement to host a party with Pampered Chef.

2. What are the benefits of having a sign in my yard?

Having a sign in your yard can help promote your Pampered Chef party to your neighbors and friends. It can also serve as a reminder for those who may have forgotten about the party or may have missed the invitation. Additionally, displaying a sign can earn you extra rewards from Pampered Chef.

3. Is there a cost for the sign?

No, the sign is provided to you for free when you book a party with Pampered Chef. There is no additional cost for the sign.

4. How long do I need to keep the sign in my yard?

The sign can be displayed in your yard for as long as you'd like, but we recommend keeping it up for at least a week before your party date. This will give your neighbors and friends enough time to see the sign and plan to attend your party.

5. Can I customize the sign with my party information?

Yes, you can add your party date, time, and host name to the sign before displaying it in your yard. This will help personalize the sign and make it more effective in promoting your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattidailey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • soinlove808