• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can we sell discounted products at our yard sale for the PTSA fundraiser?

In summary, Jennifer Gouveia thinks that she is allowed to sell products at a discount at her local high school's after-prom party, and that she does it by pricing her products 10%-25% below the retail price. She also thinks that it is up to the individual what they price their products at, with some exceptions such as putting a PC logo on their yard sale sign.
amw1027
I have a yard sale coming up for our local Highschool, the cost of the table/booth goes to the PTSA for there after-prom party. I was wondering if we are allowed to sell products at a discount or if they have to be priced for what they are in the catalog? I have a couple things that are in our catalog and a bunch of discontinued products. If we do have to sell them full price, I was thinking of maybe something like 5 dollars or whatever of the product will be donated to the PTSA, what do you all think?

THANKS

I think personally that once YOU own a product. What YOU sell it for is YOUR business. That may not be the "rule" but I doubt that the PC Police will know. I do think the bad consultants selling the stuff on eBay are out of line.

I wouldn't sell a product I'd used at full price, but that's just me.

My husband, friends, and I are having a block street yard sale this weekend, and I thought that it would be a great way to promote my PC business as well. So, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I should have out on display to catch people's attention? any advice would be great! Thanks!

Jennifer Gouveia
Independent Consultant
(208) 887-6465
Cell (208) 871-9767
[email protected]

Last edited:
I always have PC stock. I do a lot of open house and trade shows. When I do have a yard sale, I put my PC items out at my yard sale.
I have my items priced at 10%-25% below the retail price. Sometimes I ask the full price, but most everyone knows that if I have it in stock, it is going to cost less.
I agree that I think it is up to YOU what you price YOUR products at.

Where your apron to put money in and draw attention to Pampered Chef. You could also put a PC logo on your yard sale sign so people know you have that available. Old catalogs, business cards and even a bowl to put your name in for a prize might work although personally, I haven't had any luck with that.....

1. What is a Yard Sale?

A Yard Sale is an event where individuals sell their unwanted or gently used items from their homes, typically in their front yard or garage. It is also known as a garage sale or tag sale.

2. How do I prepare for a Yard Sale?

To prepare for a Yard Sale, you should gather items you no longer need or want and organize them into categories. Price your items and gather any necessary supplies such as tables, signs, and cash for making change.

3. What items should I sell at a Yard Sale?

You can sell a variety of items at a Yard Sale, including clothing, household items, toys, furniture, and small appliances. It is best to sell items that are in good condition and priced reasonably.

4. Can I negotiate prices at a Yard Sale?

Yes, most Yard Sales allow for negotiation of prices. However, it is important to be respectful and realistic when negotiating with the seller.

5. What should I do with leftover items after a Yard Sale?

If you have leftover items after a Yard Sale, you can choose to donate them to charity, give them away for free, or save them for a future sale. It is important to properly dispose of any items that are not sold and cannot be reused.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
nichole1231
  • jayswife07
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefann
  • nene960