• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Fairs a Good Place to Sell Products?

In summary, when choosing products to bring to a fair, consider the theme and target audience, bring a variety of products, and make sure they align with the fair's theme. To display products effectively, create visual interest, have samples available, and keep the display clean and organized. When determining prices, consider the cost of the products and the fair booth, as well as researching market prices and offering special promotions. Have multiple payment options available and be accommodating if a customer doesn't have enough cash. To attract customers, make your booth visually appealing, offer samples or demonstrations, and advertise through social media or word-of-mouth.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Does anyone ever sell products at fairs? I have a few cookbooks that someone had me order and then decide she does not want(its a long story:( )
I don't really mind having them. I have a women's show coming up and thought that I might offer them as a sale at the table, just for the day, until they are sold. I have 5 that I could sell for the catalogue price, charging no tax and s/h. What do you think? I could also sell them at upcoming shows as well. As we know, they make great Christmas gifts.;)

I just did a fair with my director and we brought all our overstock to sell cash and carry. We did very well.

I'd say bring them and see what happens.

The last fair I did I sold citrus peelers, mini spatulas, seasons bests, mini whippers. The seasons bests were gone almost immediately, then the mini spatulas. Kept it simple with just those items.

Having products on site to sell at a fair attracts people to your booth. Most people would rather walk away with their purchase rather than order something and wait a couple of weeks for it. And they usually buy something that they wouldn't order anyways. It's a great way to get rid of extra stock that you earned for free or that you have lying around the basement. I usually give a discount on the products and don't charge tax or shipping.

I usually don't sell items at a fair... I don't really have any inventory except some of the small giveaways.

1. How do I choose which products to bring to a fair?

When selecting products to bring to a fair, consider the theme and target audience of the fair. Choose products that align with the theme and would be appealing to the attendees. It's also a good idea to bring a variety of products to cater to different tastes and preferences.

2. What is the best way to display my products at a fair?

The key to displaying products at a fair is to make them eye-catching and easy to browse. Utilize different levels and textures to create visual interest, and make sure to have samples available for customers to try. It's also important to keep the display clean and organized throughout the event.

3. How should I price my products at a fair?

It's important to consider the cost of the products, as well as the cost of the fair booth and any other expenses, when determining prices. It's also helpful to do some research on similar products being sold at fairs to get an idea of the market price. Consider offering special discounts or promotions to attract customers.

4. What should I do if a customer is interested in purchasing but doesn't have enough cash?

It's always a good idea to have multiple payment options available, such as cash, credit/debit cards, and mobile payment methods. If a customer doesn't have enough cash, you can offer to hold the product for them while they go get more money or suggest another payment option.

5. How can I attract customers to my booth at a fair?

To attract customers, make sure your booth is visually appealing and stands out from the others. Offer samples or demonstrations to entice people to come over and try your products. You can also advertise your booth on social media or through word-of-mouth to attract potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jmmadurski
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
beepampered
  • susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies