• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Expand Your Customer Base: Beyond Craft Fairs - Tips from a WildTree Consultant

In summary, Amy found success by meeting people at her shows and hosting parties for her Wildtree consultant friends. Director Express has a policy of not soliciting in the store, and if someone is kicked out, they can still call and book a show.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
Besides the people that you meet at your shows, where do you find more business?
I met someone that sold WildTree, a home based natural foods company at a craft fair. She hosted a party for me where I met some of her Wildtree consultant friends. Since then most of them have been repeat customers of mine. Their products look good on our Simple Additions.
So do your homework and find your local WT rep and make them and their friends your new customers.

At Director Express, Amy Neal told us about how she used to hang out in the grocery store when she needed leads. She'd take recipe cards with her, and go to the aisle with the main ingredient, such as the baking aisle when she had a brownie recipe. She'd walk up and down the aisle, waiting for someone to come along and pick up the brownies that are called for in the recipe. When they did, she would approach them and say "I have an absolutely fabulous recipe for those brownies!" I should note that she'd be decked out in her PC logo wear and have her catalog tote in the cart so that it was quite obvious that she was the PC lady. This would be her opening into a conversation, and then she'd tell the person that she did a drawing each month for a free cooking show and would use that to get their contact information.

I have not tried this yet, but she said it worked very well for her while she was a consultant.

That seems wierd tho, like I'm just gonna hang out in the groc store... lol. I mean it TOTALLY makes sense, but if someone came up to me like that, i'd probably be freaked out!

Amy could pull it off though! She is a hoot! She said to be careful that you don't hang out so long in the aisle though that security starts wondering if you are a nut or a shoplifter! LOL!

And also if stores have a solicitation policy - make sure you don't get yourself kicked out.

On a diff note - I'd love to hear how people get my customers as I'm in a big slump and an unwillingness to call past guests and hosts out of fear that im pushing my business down their throats and relying on them.

I'm the same Melissa, I have asked friends and family TOO much, and I have contacted some past guests/hosts and they just aren't interested... I'm having a grand re-opening (just re-dedicated to my biz since I quit my retail job) and sent out a bunch of invites, and am handing out invites to everyone I come across along the way, so I'm hoping that will give me a jump start again.

I used to be scared, but my AD said that If I wanted to do coaching calls with her, I had to have 8 shows on my calendar preferably within the month, but she would accept 2 months time.
I really wanted to learn from her, so got over myself and picked up the phone. Surprisingly enough, I had about a 75% success rate, of course I was calling all of the ones who had been somewhat interested, but not previously ready to commit. That was about a month ago. We have been doing coaching calls and this month I have gotten btwn 2 and 5 bookings for every cooking show I have done. Booked dates. Most have been within the next two months, but I do have one on the books for Jan and one for Feb.
I did do a booth at the beginning of August, but honestly have only gotten 2 shows booked from all of those leads.

It hasn't happened to me very often, but I was pleasantly surprised tonight by a contact. I was shopping at the grocery store- wearing a PC Shirt, carrying my tote, and of course- driving my van with the Logo on it. I had seen the lady in the store, but when I was in my van getting ready to leave, she quickly came up to my passenger window and tapped on it. I rolled it down, and we discussed PC. She had a broken stone and was trying very hard to find a PC person, with no luck so far. She said she had even asked her friends on FB, and none of them knew anyone, BUT they all loved it and wanted someone to have a show- so this lady said she wanted to have as how too! I'm calling her tomorrow to give her the customer service number (I couldn't remember it!), but gives me a great reason to be calling her. ;) I'll talk to her about her show date for sure...but will be October sometime. I was very excited, and surprised by myself too. Too often I don't know what words to say!

Getting new clients is very challenging. Now I know around here it is fair time. I spent one night a the fair and made a great number of contacts and book 2 shows. I don't know the people but am very excited!!

I am not great at it but get out there and tell people!!! I love to talk about what I do and how much fun we can have at a cooking show!!! Don't be afraid of getting a no!!! Just remember they might change thier mind!!

When I try out a new recipe from PC online, I print 2 copies out and stamp my info at the bottom of them. Go to the grocery store and get all the ingredients. When you put them on the belt, put your recipes at the end and go forward to pay and bag. The person behind you in line will be reading it and the cashier will also pick it up after ringing your groceries up. Tell them what you do and what you are making and offer to let them keep the recipe so they can try it. I've booked lots of shows that way.

Last edited:
The Pickler said:
When I try out a new recipe from PC online, I print 2 copies out and stamp my info at the bottom of them. Go to the grocery store and get all the ingredients. When you put them on the belt, put your recipes at the end and go forward to pay and bag. The person behind you in line will be reading it and the cashier will also pick it up after ringing your groceries up. Tell them what you do and what you are making and offer to let them keep the recipe so they can try it. I've booked lots of shows that way.

I like that idea.

The Pickler said:

:thumbup:Great idea! I am going to try this and look for recipes that call for a PC seasoning or rub and make a "sample pack" to have on hand.:chef:

1. Where can I find potential customers for Pampered Chef products?

There are many places where you can find potential customers for Pampered Chef products. Some popular options include hosting a Pampered Chef party at your home or a friend's home, participating in vendor events and craft fairs, reaching out to your personal network through social media and word of mouth, and utilizing online platforms such as Facebook groups or local buy/sell/trade pages. You can also reach out to local businesses and offer to host a lunch and learn or cooking demonstration.

2. How can I attract new customers to my Pampered Chef business?

To attract new customers, it's important to showcase the benefits and features of Pampered Chef products. You can do this by hosting cooking demonstrations or workshops, offering special promotions or discounts, and sharing your personal experiences and success stories with the products. Utilizing social media and online platforms can also help attract new customers, as well as offering excellent customer service to your existing customers to encourage them to refer their friends and family.

3. Are there any specific places or events that are more effective for finding customers?

The most effective places or events for finding customers may vary depending on your target audience and location. However, some popular options include home parties, vendor events and craft fairs, online platforms, and networking events. It's important to try out different avenues and see what works best for you and your business.

4. How can I use social media to find customers for Pampered Chef?

Social media can be a powerful tool for finding customers for your Pampered Chef business. You can create a business page or group on platforms like Facebook or Instagram, and share product information, promotions, and success stories with your followers. You can also join online communities and groups related to cooking or home products and engage with potential customers by sharing your expertise and offering helpful tips and advice.

5. What are some creative ways to find new customers for Pampered Chef?

Aside from traditional methods like hosting parties and events, there are many creative ways to find new customers for Pampered Chef. Some ideas include collaborating with local businesses or influencers, partnering with charities or organizations for fundraising events, offering cooking classes or workshops, and participating in local food and wine festivals. You can also utilize your own creativity and come up with unique and fun ways to showcase Pampered Chef products and attract potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lilamyw3