• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Email From the Success Factory

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who has been in business for 3 years but hasn't kept in touch with customers effectively. The consultant asks for advice on re-connecting with customers after a long period of time. The response suggests picking up the phone and being honest with the customers, sharing new products and offering to host a party. The conversation ends with advice on staying in touch with customers regularly.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Hi! Got this great email this morning and I had to share it!

Subject: Getting in touch after time has passed….

I have been in business nearly 3 years now, and to be honest, I haven't kept in touch with my customers as well as I should have from the beginning. I am a young consultant, and as I have grown and learned with my business, I now understand the importance of keeping in touch with customers, both for keeping bookings going and for outside sales. So my question is how do you go about re-connecting with people you LITERALLY haven't spoken to in 2 1/2 years!?
Thanks!
Lynsey

Dear Lynsey,

Thank you for your great email. We applaud you for the HONEST assessment you have made of your business. Clearly you are destined for success as you are being very smart in analyzing your business practices and adjusting them as needed…good for you!

Your question is one that many of us in direct sales have struggled with at one time or another. Anyone who has been in business for at least a year probably has a literal `treasure trove' of leads floating in various places around their office. We meet 8-10 new people at every party we do, we meet people at fairs and festivals, we have outside orders from parties and usually names and addresses of potential customers who were unable to attend a party. Dealing with the guilt of not having properly stayed in touch with these people is what can eat us up and also what can keep us OFF the phone. How does one go about re-connecting with people who may not even remember us or our company?

First and foremost - stop over thinking the process. Stop the `what if' conversation that is happening in your head. It is time for action and time for honesty! The action - pick up the phone. The honesty - say what you fear most. Be prepared to share what is new and exciting about your company - that is the purpose of your call.

Here's a possible script to get you started:

Hi Sharon - this is Lynsey calling (pause). I am not sure at all that you will remember me - we met at Suzie Q's house over two years ago - I was the consultant who did her home party for (insert your company name here). (pause)…

The reason for my call is two fold - first of all - I have to admit to you that I was really hesitating to pick up the phone and call after all this time. I am so sorry that I have neglected being in touch - will you accept my apology? (pause and wait for reply). I'm looking at your order form from Suzie Q's party and although it's been awhile, I wanted to be sure that you were happy with our products that you purchased. (pause and wait for reply). Deal with any product issues if necessary and then continue…I am very excited about two things right now - do you have just a really quick moment for me to share with you? (Continue and keep it brief! Since it's been so long - impress on her the fact that you have tons of new products since she last was at Suzie Q's house…quickly what your current favorite is and then offer the chance for her to have a fun evening with friends and have the opportunity to see all the new products by hosting a party. Assure her that Suzie Q should be at the top of her guest list because SHE will want to see all the new products as well!). Wrap up by quickly booking a party and (if she lives close enough) delivering the packet in person so you can show her a few of the new items to re-excite her. If she is not wanting to host at the moment be sure to end the call with…

Just so I don't blow it again - can I just find out from you when and how often you might like to hear from me again? I can contact you in the summer when we have a sale or in the fall when we get our new products again - which sounds better to you? (obviously - fill in your company specifics here - the point is to give her a choice rather than to give her the chance to reply with a “I'll call you if I need anything”…because reality is, she probably will not call.)

Hopefully this script has helped as a `thought starter' for those of you procrastinators out there. The point is this - go `treasure hunting' on your desk - you never know what jewels you might uncover. The best part of just picking up the phone and getting started with this activity is that you will soon find your desk cleaner and your conscience clearer! Happy hunting!

WOW! I thought this was great. I am going to use it for sure!

Anne, This is great - thanks for sharing! Where did you get it?

www.thesuccessfactory.com

You can sign up for their emails. They are really good.

Thanks, ladies. I just signed up for their email tips. What I read on their website is good stuff.

thanks! I needed this!!

What a great site! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. Just signed up too! :) Now, I just hope I have the time to read another newsletter!! LOL

WOW Anne! Thanks so much for that! Just what I needed and a question I have often wondered about! Love the script!
Thanks also for leading me to the Success Factory!

You're very welcome!

Thanks for sharing, I just signed up!

Thanks for sharing this with us Anne. I also signed up for the emails.

Ann R.

Thanks anne, I signed up too.

Thanks for sharing Anne, I'm signing up too!

Hey (sorry - hijack) speaking of signing up - how many people did you finally get to sign up for Belinda's Success Express site? Do you get enough to have a life-time membership there?!

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks for sharing Anne, I'm signing up too!

Hey (sorry - hijack) speaking of signing up - how many people did you finally get to sign up for Belinda's Success Express site? Do you get enough to have a life-time membership there?!
I don't know how many signed up. I'll have to look and see. They just changed their refferal rewards! Maybe I scared them. They know me at the office, though. LOL I hope everyone gets as much out of it as I do!

Thanks Anne! That is awesome! I am going to share this with all my sister-consultants as we all need this!

Thanks Anne,

Great site ~ great info.

Thanks Anne

This is great!!

Thanks Anne~I signed up too:D

Thanks Anne!!!

1. What exactly is "Great Email From the Success Factory"?

"Great Email From the Success Factory" is a series of daily emails designed to provide valuable tips and information to help you succeed in your Pampered Chef business. These emails cover a wide range of topics, from sales and marketing strategies to product knowledge and business development.

2. How do I sign up for "Great Email From the Success Factory"?

You can sign up for the emails by visiting the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Success Factory" tab. From there, you can enter your email address and select the option to receive the daily emails. You can also sign up through your consultant's website or by contacting your consultant directly.

3. Are the emails personalized or generic?

The emails are personalized based on your role with Pampered Chef. Whether you are a consultant, team leader, or director, the emails will be tailored to provide valuable information and tips specific to your role and goals within the company.

4. Can I access previous emails if I missed a day?

Yes, all previous emails from "Great Email From the Success Factory" are archived on the Pampered Chef website. You can access them at any time by visiting the Success Factory tab and clicking on the "Archives" link. You can also search for specific topics or keywords within the archived emails.

5. Is there a cost for the "Great Email From the Success Factory" program?

No, the "Great Email From the Success Factory" program is completely free for all Pampered Chef consultants, team leaders, and directors. It is just one of the many resources and tools provided by the company to support and help you grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
merego
Replies