• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Fall Product Release Frustration: A Consultant's Venting

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the honesty of the Consultant in question, unless you know the details!
cookalison
I'm just needing to vent a frustration here... my new recruit, who is just hitting her 30 days today, called me this morning asking if we are able to sell the new Fall products yet. I told her that we will be able to sell them beginning September 1st. That's what she had thought, too, but at her show last night she had a customer who wanted to order the new splatter screen, and she told them that she couldn't order that for them until September 1st. Then the customer said, "Well how come 'so-and-so' from 'neighboring city' is using the new catalogs and selling them already?" Of course, my new recruit thought this wasn't right, but questioned herself because she is new. I told her either this other consultant could be doing a catalog show with the new catalogs and maybe closing on Sept. 1st (which maybe isn't wrong to do... I don't know), or she could be selling some of the items she earned for free. Either way, it's frustrating because it makes us consultant who are actually waiting 'til Sept. look bad... we're just as excited to get selling the new Fall stuff, too! But part of my frustration with this incident is that this is the same consultant who we asked if we could share a booth at our county fair and she wouldn't even consider splitting it with two of us.:mad:

Ugh - I hate hearing stuff like this!! Sounds like someone who likes to take every opportunity to "tweak" the rules to benefit themself and make themself look better than others. I would have your recruit explain to the guest that they can certainly order something and she can submit it on 9/1 but it won't help the current host. Maybe suggest she book her own Sept. show to get it. She can also explain that that is what the other consultant must be doing, as well, but just didn't explain it that way. It definitely calls into question that person's ethics if they didn't explain that the order wouldn't be submitted until 9/1 (I'm always up-front with someone if they order something that's not available yet!!). I have had some people ask to order some of the new fall stuff since I sent the mini catalogs to all of my past hosts, and I just told them I am putting all of the orders on a catalog show to close on 9/1, so they can get their items asap.

Hope that helps - sorry your new recruit had to run into that in her first 30 days!!! :(

Alison, that's a bummer. Do tell your consultant to let future customers know that the computer ordering system will NOT take the order before Sept 1st. And to put the positive spin on it--I'd be happy to order it for you for arriving at your door after Sept 7th (and tack on that direct ship charge)!! Ah, the smiles we must glue on......

I have a couple of September Catalog Show hosts who have Sept. Catalogs, and are already taking orders - and one Sept. cooking Show host who already has an online order. If you have Sept. Shows set up online, people can place orders for the new product on those shows - so this may not be someone who is trying to cheat the system - just someone who is encouraging their hosts to get outside orders before the show! The shows cannot be submitted before Sept. 1 - but how else would someone w/ a Sept 1 or 2 show get outside orders before their show if they weren't showing the catalog and getting orders in August? Just saying - I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the honesty of the Consultant in question, unless you know the details!;)ETA - also - if I thought I could handle a booth at a fair by myself, I probably wouldn't split it with anyone either......unless I had a recruit I was trying to help.

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
I have a couple of September Catalog Show hosts who have Sept. Catalogs, and are already taking orders - and one Sept. cooking Show host who already has an online order. If you have Sept. Shows set up online, people can place orders for the new product on those shows - so this may not be someone who is trying to cheat the system - just someone who is encouraging their hosts to get outside orders before the show! The shows cannot be submitted before Sept. 1 - but how else would someone w/ a Sept 1 or 2 show get outside orders before their show if they weren't showing the catalog and getting orders in August?

Just saying - I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the honesty of the Consultant in question, unless you know the details!;)

ETA - also - if I thought I could handle a booth at a fair by myself, I probably wouldn't split it with anyone either......unless I had a recruit I was trying to help.

Yes, you have a very good point there. Sometimes it's too easy to jump to conclusions. It's hard to push aside the initial emotional reactions and to see things in a different perspective. And, it's also funny how after you post a "vent", it just doesn't seem that bad anymore... it just feels good to have a group where we can vent initial frustrations, and then also help each other see it in a different light. Thanks :)

I also agree with Becky. We are able to buy catalogs now, and received them in our change over kit, so that we CAN begin to get host packs out for September shows. Yes, consultants around the country can "sell" the new products but, as mentioned, nothing can be submitted until September 1st.

It is also worth noting, especially for newbies, that even if someone is collecting orders in August for a September show, they can only use the new catalog and the september specials. This is true for every show, no matter when it is held (only one month of specials, etc.)...but especially can be confusing when we are transitioning to the new catalogs.

What is "Sorry so Long... Venting" and why is it relevant to Pampered Chef?

"Sorry so Long... Venting" is a phrase that is commonly used by our customers when they have a long and detailed complaint or feedback. It is relevant to Pampered Chef because we value the opinions and experiences of our customers, both positive and negative, and strive to continuously improve our products and services based on their feedback.

How can I submit a "Sorry so Long... Venting" to Pampered Chef?

You can submit a "Sorry so Long... Venting" to Pampered Chef by filling out our online feedback form, sending us an email, or calling our customer service hotline. We also welcome in-person feedback at any of our events or parties.

Will my "Sorry so Long... Venting" be taken seriously by Pampered Chef?

Yes, absolutely. We take all feedback, including "Sorry so Long... Venting", very seriously. Your opinions and experiences are valuable to us and we use them to improve our products and services for all our customers.

How long does it take for Pampered Chef to respond to a "Sorry so Long... Venting"?

We strive to respond to all "Sorry so Long... Venting" submissions within 24 hours during our business hours. However, depending on the volume of feedback we receive, it may take us up to 72 hours to respond. Rest assured that we will address your concerns and provide a resolution as promptly as possible.

Can I receive compensation for my "Sorry so Long... Venting"?

While we cannot guarantee compensation for every "Sorry so Long... Venting", we do value our customers and their experiences. If your feedback is related to a product or service issue, we may offer a replacement product or a credit towards a future purchase. Our customer service team will work with you to find a resolution that is satisfactory.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • melissalough
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
  • ChefinHarmony