• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success: Hosting a Consultant Open House for Pampered Chef Products

In summary, Jeanie Gay recommends hosting a Fall Preview Extravaganza as a way to show off new products and generate interest in booking a show. She says to invite past guests, hosts, family, friends, and customers. She also recommends offering incentives for coming and buying new products and booking a show.
jbechtel
Hi - I was thinking of hosting an Open House at my home in the beginning of Sept. to show off the new fall/winter catalog and new products. I'd invite my family, friends, past hosts, and customers. Does anyone who's done this before have any advicve or suggestions? I've only started selling Pampered Chef in March and have been doing very well so far but want to make sure it continues into the next season. Does an Open House generate more future bookings or show sales? I'd offer incentives for coming and buying new products and booking a show. Any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

I had an open house on June 17th. I offered everyone that came a 10% discount and anyone that hosted a show with me got 20% off. I invited past guests, hosts, family, friends, neighbors. I end up getting over $1150 in sales and that was after the discounts. I would highly recommend doing one. I plan on doing another one for Christmas..
I made several recipes from the Seasons Best and had them all prepared ahead of time. I had no demo. I just displayed all that I own. This way people could walk around and touch them before they bought them. If someone wanted me to demo a tool, I did.
Good luck and invite as many people you can think off.

Amy

Hi!
I am doing my first show on Monday night. I am also thinking of doing an open house...but I am wondering, when you say you are offering 10% off, etc, how do I do that?? Not to sound dumb but I am a newbie & still pretty confused!! LOL
Thanks!!!

Thanks, Amy, for the encouraging words! I'll use the online evites from my website but I have some people I'd like to invite who I don't have email addresses for. Is it possible to send flyers tri-fold through the regular mail? or I'll make my own postcards. How did you do your invitations?

I was thinking about doing an open house too in September. One dilemma I haven't decided how to handle is who to invite. I've only had 11 shows and some of them catalog shows. Also, I have hosts who have signed as consultants and one who has booked a second show. If I invite "their people" that may short them later. I thought about co-hosting the open house with the consultant I signed and she could invite her own people and get sales/bookings from that. Think that would work? I also thought about only inviting people who had ordered $xx in sales. I already have 3 shows booked for Sept. Advice, please.

Jeanie Gay

I was thinking about doing an open house too in September. One dilemma I haven't decided how to handle is who to invite. I've only had 11 shows and some of them catalog shows. Also, I have hosts who have signed as consultants and one who has booked a second show. If I invite "their people" that may short them later. I thought about co-hosting the open house with the consultant I signed and she could invite her own people and get sales/bookings from that. Think that would work? I also thought about only inviting people who had ordered $xx in sales. I already have 3 shows booked for Sept. Advice, please.

Jeanie Gay

What I do.....I've built up quite a list of hosts & preferred customers (4 ys as a consultant), but I think this could work for anyone - go back to your list of 100 and start from there......
I host a Fall Preview Extravaganza towards the end of August (Aug 22nd this yr.) and have it count as an August Show.....I make a big deal of ordering S/S products before they are discontinued, and have several new recipes prepared beforehand - I have everyone vote on which ones they would most like to have at their own show:D . The New Products are on display and I make a big deal out of unveiling them, and everyone gets a New SB cookbook for attending, but other than that the new products aren't available for purchase - creates more interest in booking.
(last year I had 8 bookings from my show).
I don't do a Mystery Host - did it one year, and felt like I wanted to do something that was more equitable for those attending, and make everyone happy as they leave..........so I collect product throughout the year - everthing from mini-spatulas to stoneware (by hosting my own shows, using 50% items that hosts don't want, using 60% host bonuses that hosts don't use etc.....)and do drawings for door prizes for EVERYONE who places an order! This year, I am only inviting past hosts (because thats almost 100 people), and letting them know that if they bring a friend they will receive an extra 10% off their order (for those who have hosted in the past yr - that would be on top of their discount) If their friend books a show - they receive another gift from me! (not sure what this will be yet - I'll probably do a prize basket using the square woven basket, and have it filled with small items like the lotion&soap samples, mini spatulas, mini whisks, i-slice, etc....)
I do a small presentation about 1/2 hour into the show ( I bill it as "Come When You Can, Leave When You Must) and that's when I unveil the new products and talk about the benefits of hosting - 15 minutes tops. This year I am having my SIL help me (hoping to recruit her) - She will be the hostess (at my home) so I can just be the consultant - and I am going to split host benefits with her. I haven't made up my invitation yet - Last year it was a blank postcard with just the info on it, and I mailed it inside the Mini-catalog, with a label on the outside saying something aboutCheck Out The Special Invitation inside back page - and then I also sent out email invitations to everyone.
Hope This Helps - also hope it made sense!:rolleyes:

Pc Jeanie.......I see I have a PM from you - but for some reason can't open it - could you email me @ [email protected] or jut post your message here?

Thanks!

Susan: When you offer a 10% discount to your customers you pay the full price when you send the order and then you get your commission check. Basically your customer pays 90% of the cost plus shipping and tax and you pay the other 10%. When you put the order into your Pampered Partner it will show the full price and then you go to the pay screen and do a consultant gift for the 10% and it will show the balance they owe. Since PC takes the full amount of the show out of your account and then sends your commission, you have to be able to afford to pay the 10% at the time you send your show. When you do this, your host will get credit for the full price of the product, so it helps her and your customer. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you for posting that. It doesnt make sense to me yet becuase i have never done a show but it does help becasue i was wondering about this too.

Thank you Shawnna!! I was very confused!! Now it makes sense. :)

I made a flyer in publisher and mailed it to everyone I know. I must had sent out over 100 invites. Go thru your 100 people list and go from there. Then I went around my neighborhood and placed flyers in their mailboxes. In you can also include a mini catalog too. It may help draw more people to the open house.

I had a spring fling preview in February, but I didn't do a demo or talk about the new products. BIG MISTAKE!! I will have a Fall preview too, but I am definetly explaining EVERY SINGLE PRODUCT!!

I have given my guests discounts- in pampered partner you can enter a payment option of "consultant gift"--> Can you do this when you offer an incentive? (Then on the receipt, the customer sees how generous you are)? And does this mean it counts as a tax write-off?

Anything you give to hosts/ guests is a tax write off! That is why Pampered Partner keeps track of it!

What is a Consultant Open House?

A Consultant Open House is an event hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant to showcase our products and services. It is an opportunity for customers to experience our products firsthand and learn more about becoming a consultant themselves.

Who can attend a Consultant Open House?

Anyone is welcome to attend a Consultant Open House! Whether you are a current customer, potential customer, or interested in becoming a consultant, we would love to have you join us.

Is there a cost to attend a Consultant Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend a Consultant Open House. It is a free event for anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and our products.

What can I expect at a Consultant Open House?

At a Consultant Open House, you can expect to see and try out our products, learn cooking tips and techniques, and hear from our consultants about their experiences with Pampered Chef. There may also be special promotions and discounts available for attendees.

Do I need to RSVP for a Consultant Open House?

While it is not required to RSVP for a Consultant Open House, it is recommended so that we can ensure we have enough products and materials for all attendees. You can RSVP by contacting the consultant hosting the event or through our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • pampered2007