• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Help for Your Fall Open House | Flyers, Products, and More!"

In summary, Jess is considering whether or not to put flyers on her car, but is worried about how people will react. She has had good success with word-of-mouth and mini invitations, but has had difficulty with Saturdays.
jwagner75
Sorry if this is not in the right forum, I was not sure where to put it. I am a new consultant and going to have a fall open house, I have the place, and the products, flyers, help, etc. My husband thinks that I should put the flyers I made up, on cars at our football game friday night, and annual craft fair saturday, for my open house on Sunday, it is not at my house, so no fear of strangers knocking on my door, I am just torn if, first of all legit to do and second how it would be received, he is all for it because they do it for his organization when they have rabbies (animal) clinics, but what do you guys think if you would get a flyer on your car? Thanks Jess

I look at flyers on my car because I read everything. I don't know if I would go to something like that if it was not a direct invitation.

That being said, I just had my open house/cust appreciation. It was at a small banq hall and I had a yard card out front - Open house, 1 - 4, listed the vendors and such.... had 2 folks come in off the street, eat everything they could for the whole 3 hours and whenever I did a drawing they were looking at their tickets very close. They didn't buy anything from anyone. Free food and something to do.

So, I don't know if I will do pulic advertisement again. Just my opinion...

Great advice Charity. Maybe I will need my husband to be door man/bouncer, if you aint buying/interested you aint eating... hum wonder how I could make a politically correct sign saying that. We have so many elderly people in the area, I could see them showing up looking for brownies, cake, etc. Good Point Thanks, I appreciate it. Jess

LOL!!!! A Pampered Chef Bouncer!! That is great!!! You could have your husband be behind the food, helping to serve up. That way, if you have people there just for the food, he can say... "I am so glad you liked your sampling of our dishes... we are expecting more folks so I want to make sure we have enough for everone to sample".. said with a smile and the right tone of voice, it might work

That is good ;) The only problem with my husband, 1. He would be eating all the samples, 2. He is never at the right place at the right time, he would probably be talking the crashers ear off or be in the back with his stolen plate of food, kind of like showing up right after I carry the last bag into the house. ;)

LOL!!! Know the feeliing!! Got anyone else who could lend a hand? Mom, friend, sis? I'm enlisting my mom next time...

jwagner75 said:
Sorry if this is not in the right forum, I was not sure where to put it. I am a new consultant and going to have a fall open house, I have the place, and the products, flyers, help, etc. My husband thinks that I should put the flyers I made up, on cars at our football game friday night, and annual craft fair saturday, for my open house on Sunday, it is not at my house, so no fear of strangers knocking on my door, I am just torn if, first of all legit to do and second how it would be received, he is all for it because they do it for his organization when they have rabbies (animal) clinics, but what do you guys think if you would get a flyer on your car? Thanks Jess

I have often thought about leaving flyers on cars, but someone mentioned to me once they were blamed for some scratches on a person's car and had to pay for them. I don't think I would take the chance, knowing that some people are always looking for ways to make some extra cash.

Thanks for your post, and I was going to havy my 9 year old help, might be a bad idea, I could see her really scratching a car. Thanks Jess

what kind of attendance do you guess to have with just your friends/family/neighbors/first hosts???

Encourage the bring a friend - maybe give them an extra ticket (IF you are doing a Ticket Game or Mystery Host Show)

LOL - I might have been a Consultant for too long - cuz I dont remember WHAT I used to do - now I usually just send out an email, use word-of-mouth, and do mini invitations and always seem to get a decent turn-out.

BTW, Saturdays always SUCK for me. I am trying my Fall Kick-off tomorrow from 2-7. Usually do them on a Sunday afternoon though....

kayleighsmom529 said:
I have often thought about leaving flyers on cars, but someone mentioned to me once they were blamed for some scratches on a person's car and had to pay for them. I don't think I would take the chance, knowing that some people are always looking for ways to make some extra cash.

I don't know if it varies by state, by where we live it's actually illegal to put flyers on vehicles. If you get enough complaints, you will be fined. There is also the chance of someone holding you liable for "damage" to their vehicle as kaleigh mentioned.

What is an Open House?

An Open House is an in-person event where customers can interact with Pampered Chef products, ask questions, and place orders. It is a great opportunity to see and try out our products before making a purchase.

When and where can I attend an Open House?

You can attend an Open House at any time and location that is convenient for you! Our consultants host Open Houses in their homes, at community events, and even online.

Do I need to RSVP for an Open House?

While some consultants may prefer an RSVP for planning purposes, most Open Houses are open to anyone who would like to attend. Feel free to bring friends or family members along as well!

What can I expect at an Open House?

At an Open House, you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products on display and available for you to try out. Our consultants will also be available to answer any questions you may have about our products or the ordering process.

Is there any cost to attend an Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend an Open House. It is a free event for anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Tenille V.