• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious & Delightful: Hosting Your 1st Holiday Open House with Ease

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's concerns about the amount of food needed for their first open house. They express their OCD tendencies and desire to make sure everything goes smoothly. The other speaker offers tips for estimating the number of guests, planning a mix of appetizers and entrees, using serving sizes as a guide, providing drinks, and asking for help from neighbors. Ultimately, it's important to have a general idea of the number of guests, have a variety of food options, and not stress too much about having too much food.
lisasfuncooking
Even though I have been a consultant for 2 years, I never had an open house. I have my 1st one for next Sunday. My question is, how much food do you have? My OCD can really get the best of me.:blushing: I feel like I am spending day and night thinking of every little detail. I love entertaining, and being Italian, I grew up always having an abundance of food for get togethers. I still am not sure exactly how many are coming, I did ask for then to RSVP for a free SB CB. I have a huge list of appetizers/entree's/ desserts. I am just trying to narrow it down to how many of each I should make. I keep feeling like I have to "feed" them, instead of letting them "sample". Thanks to my grandmother, great aunt and mother, I think I am a lost cause in keeping it simple. :eek:
What is the normal amount of food for an open house?

Even if they don't RSVP, call them!! Just start calling everyone that didn't rsvp that was on your list and remind them about 3 days before. IF you have to leave a message, during your reminder call before you hang up say something along the lines of "if I don't hear back from you, I'll just assume you'll be there and I'll see you Sunday"

I am just trying to avoid a lot of leftovers. My DH will be so happy if I can just relax about this. I am just so worried that I will not have enough for everyone. I know I am over thinking this. I am also so blessed to have a great bunch of neighbors who are willing to help me out. I just want everything to go smoothly. Thanks for any help you can give me.I completely understand your concern and your desire to make sure everything goes smoothly for your open house! Here are a few tips to help you determine how much food to have:1. Estimate the number of people attending: As you mentioned, it's important to have a general idea of how many people will be attending. You can use your RSVP list as a guide, but also consider any last-minute guests who may show up.2. Plan for a mix of appetizers and entrees: It's a good idea to have a variety of foods for your guests to sample. This can include appetizers, entrees, and desserts. A general rule of thumb is to have about 8-10 different types of appetizers and 2-3 entrees. You can also consider having a few vegetarian options for any guests who may have dietary restrictions.3. Use serving sizes as a guide: When planning how much food to have, consider the serving sizes for each dish. For example, if you are making meatballs, plan on having about 3-4 meatballs per person. For dips, plan on about 1/4 cup per person.4. Don't forget about drinks: In addition to food, make sure to have plenty of drinks on hand for your guests. This can include water, soda, wine, and beer. A general rule of thumb is to have about 2 drinks per person for a 2-3 hour open house.5. Consider the time of day: If your open house is during a mealtime, you may want to have more food available. If it's during a non-mealtime, you can focus on smaller bites and snacks.6. Ask for help: As you mentioned, your neighbors are willing to help out. Don't be afraid to ask them to bring a dish or two to share. This can take some of the pressure off of you and also add some variety to your spread.Overall, it's better to have a little too much food than not enough. Don't stress too much about

1. What is a 1st Holiday Open House?

A 1st Holiday Open House is an event where you can shop for holiday gifts and decorations, sample delicious food and drinks, and learn about new Pampered Chef products.

2. When and where is the 1st Holiday Open House taking place?

The date and location of the 1st Holiday Open House may vary depending on your local Pampered Chef consultant. Contact your consultant or check the Pampered Chef website for more information.

3. Is there a cost to attend the 1st Holiday Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend the 1st Holiday Open House. It is a free event for anyone interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products and holiday entertaining.

4. Can I bring a friend to the 1st Holiday Open House?

Of course! The more, the merrier. Feel free to invite friends, family, or anyone who may be interested in Pampered Chef products or holiday entertaining.

5. Will there be any special deals or promotions at the 1st Holiday Open House?

Yes, there will be exclusive deals and promotions available only at the 1st Holiday Open House. Be sure to attend to take advantage of these special offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jbondr
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbondr
  • lisasfuncooking