• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Successful Concert Reception with Greek Cheese Torta & Fall Mini-Catalogs!

In summary, Keith received a much-needed boost when he booked a show for September with a recruit lead who lives in an upscale part of town. His friend also made a popular Greek Cheese Torta using the Greek Rub, and he had success with selling mini-catalogs at the reception. Despite feeling discouraged in the past, Keith's success with his newest host and hot lead has rejuvenated his motivation to continue in the business. Other consultants in the conversation also shared their successes and encouraged Keith to keep going.
leftymac
So a friend of mine gave a little concert tonight at a local church, and we were all supposed to bring something for the reception afterwards. I brought the Greek Cheese Torta (which was by far the most popular thing) and placed some fall mini-catalogs next to it too. Well, I booked a show for September and the new host is a recruit lead, too! Even better -- she lives in the fancy schmancy upscale part of town, so her friends can buy lots of stuff! :)

Way to go!

You gotta love it when things fall into place like that...

pamperedval said:
Way to go!

You gotta love it when things fall into place like that...

It was a needed boost too, because July has been my lowest month ever -- tons of postponed shows, etc. The 'giving up' bug was getting planted in me.

Way to go Keith!
God bless,
Amanda

Way to go Keith!!
Spray that "giving up" but with some RAID!!!

leftymac said:
It was a needed boost too, because July has been my lowest month ever -- tons of postponed shows, etc. The 'giving up' bug was getting planted in me.

Don't even say that!

Very good thinking!!

My host made the torta tonite as I was setting up, using the Greek Rub (she had to wait for me to get there to make it). We left it next to it, with the recipe open next to it (from the catalog), and I think every guest (8) bought 1 or 2 of the Greek Rub.
Those little things mean a lot.

Best of luck on your newest host, and hot lead!

Keith- WHOO-HOO!!!! how exciting is that?!?!! I'm super happy for you! Sorry that you caught the giving-up bug- but happy that you seemed to zap it with a nice dose of "I JUST GOT A SHOW!!!"

:)

Congrats Keith I am sure you are thrilled with it !!!!!! It is amazing how one conversation with a potential host and recruit really can perk us up :) Keep up the good work :)

Congratuations!

leftymac said:

We started around the same time... and I felt that way about July too. The feeling is just now starting to go away. Great idea on bring the mini catalogs! I'm going to use that :thumbup:

Great job!!! I am glad to hear things are looking up for you!!!

Awesome Keith! Thats one of my favorite recipes too - I love it leftover and heated! I'm gonna steel you idea on the mini-catalogs too! I'm ordering a few packs and am really going to put them to use this year.

Are you a NoVa native? We lived in Centreville and then Ashburn for 15 years. Been back home here for almost 6. I miss my friends but not the traffic!!!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this was a sign you need to stay in the business...............

That is great, Keith!!!!! Continued success wishes are being sent your way!

Great job, Keith!!! I, too, was just about ready to call my Director a few days ago to say 'I don't know, maybe I was wrong about God wanting me to be in PC, because my business doesn't seem to be growing." Even my last show (this past Tuesday), is closing at less than $300 (which makes it an average show for me, *sigh*). The new products and recipes, though, have pumped me up - and, even though the show didn't do great, there are 4 potential hosts!!! The latest one was at a meeting both the host and I went to last night. I asked everyone who wasn't at the party if they wanted to look at the catalog and place an order (they all said NO, *sob*), but one sat down next to me and said "but, I want to co-host a party with my 16 year-old niece, who is starting to get into cooking." So, I'm going to talk to her within the next few days to see if we can't book a show for the Blitz week in August.

By the way, Keith, because of Cindy's post, I notice you live in Fairfax. I live in Bealeton (Fauquier County). Who's your director?

Sarah

pampchefsarah said:
Great job, Keith!!! I, too, was just about ready to call my Director a few days ago to say 'I don't know, maybe I was wrong about God wanting me to be in PC, because my business doesn't seem to be growing." Even my last show (this past Tuesday), is closing at less than $300 (which makes it an average show for me, *sigh*). The new products and recipes, though, have pumped me up - and, even though the show didn't do great, there are 4 potential hosts!!! The latest one was at a meeting both the host and I went to last night. I asked everyone who wasn't at the party if they wanted to look at the catalog and place an order (they all said NO, *sob*), but one sat down next to me and said "but, I want to co-host a party with my 16 year-old niece, who is starting to get into cooking." So, I'm going to talk to her within the next few days to see if we can't book a show for the Blitz week in August.

By the way, Keith, because of Cindy's post, I notice you live in Fairfax. I live in Bealeton (Fauquier County). Who's your director?

Sarah

Christy Howe is my director. Who is yours?

laurichef said:
Very good thinking!!

My host made the torta tonite as I was setting up, using the Greek Rub (she had to wait for me to get there to make it). We left it next to it, with the recipe open next to it (from the catalog), and I think every guest (8) bought 1 or 2 of the Greek Rub.
Those little things mean a lot.

Best of luck on your newest host, and hot lead!

Okay, now I think instead of just dropping off a basket for a benefit, I may just also take the Greek Cheese Torta, the Greek Rub and some SBs cuz ya never know.:chef:

Keith, you're right...ya DO ROCK! :sing:.Congrats on getting rid of that pesky bug.

Don't ever let one bad month decide for you. My promising June went caput in so many ways that I just missed the $1500 SAT level & I had thought that I would probably make the $3000. I have NO bookings for July & I want that cranberry bag, so I made up a sale for my most preferred customers/hosts & sent it out with a list of the retiring products and now I am able to make some shows out of it and I'll get my bag. I took a little hit on my commission, but it helped me through a bad month. August is looking better, so onward I will go.

Lesson...don't let a bad month or two make your decision to quit without giving it all ya got to turn it around first. Good luck in growing your business

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/bugoff.jpg

You DO ROCK and here is some spray for those nasty bugs!! The "giving up bug" is like a tick. It will latch on to you and suck the blood right out of you. Then you will have Lying disease (cousin to Lyme disease) because you lied to yourself by telling yourself that you can't do this.

In my 8 years, July has typically been the lowest month of the year. I can just about book on 50% of my parties postponing.

Advice...do them on week nights in the summer (and not Fridays, typically). I had 8 book this month and 3 postponed so my average this month was better than usual.

I am finding more and more that people tell me...I don't have good luck with parties. They are reassured that I can help them if they just do the following:

Give me a list of 40 to 60 names, addresses and phone numbers

I sent out the invites

I do a post call (this typically reminds people to at least RSVP)

And coach the host to call all thoses that could not make the party. They are afraid they are going to bother people or seem like they are begging, but I tell them to say, "Hey, sorry you couldn't join us for my PC party. I am about to close my party and was wondering if you wanted to order anything." And I reassure them that the worst they could say is no!

Even in the summer...IF the host does at least this much, they will have a successful party.

Take care and enjoy all of the pats on the back. (they help keep those bugs away!)

Congratulations!

Related to A Successful Concert Reception with Greek Cheese Torta & Fall Mini-Catalogs!

1. What is a Greek Cheese Torta?

A Greek Cheese Torta is a delicious and savory appetizer made with layers of phyllo dough, feta cheese, and a variety of herbs and spices. It is perfect for entertaining and can be served as a light snack or as part of a larger meal.

2. Can I make the Greek Cheese Torta ahead of time?

Yes, the Greek Cheese Torta can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This makes it a great option for busy hosts who want to have a stress-free entertaining experience.

3. How do I serve the Greek Cheese Torta?

The Greek Cheese Torta can be served either warm or at room temperature. It is typically cut into bite-sized pieces and served on a platter with toothpicks for easy snacking.

4. What is included in the Fall Mini-Catalogs?

The Fall Mini-Catalogs feature a selection of our top kitchen tools and cookware, as well as new and seasonal products. They also include recipe ideas and tips for using our products.

5. How can I use the Fall Mini-Catalogs to increase sales at my concert reception?

The Fall Mini-Catalogs are a great way to introduce new products to your guests and encourage them to make a purchase. You can offer special discounts or promotions for products featured in the catalogs, or host a cooking demonstration using some of the featured items to showcase their usefulness and quality.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AlowayFamily