• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shopping for a Friend's Wedding Registry: Is it Worth It? | Hey Cheffies!

If you buy it from her registry, she gets credit, you get the stones 20% off, you get 20% at least in commission and you get double points.
blondeinpcola
Hey cheffies
Well one of my best friends finally got her registry added today and I wanted to buy her some stuff from it. Granted her wedding is the 24th....yes the 24th of February!!:D
Question is, should I buy from her registry? I was going to get some of the stoneware she wanted since it is 20% off anyway!! That's what my consultatnt discount is right now. Also before I became a consultant I did a show so I do have a 10% off Host # too. So would I get the 10% off the stoneware too. :)
Although I would only get 10% off anything else I ordered.
Oh what a dilemma!! :confused:

Any advice...anyone been through it before?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Once you become a consultant you lose your past host discount of 10%. That I am sure of. I am NOT sure, but I think that we can get the current special of 20% off on top of our consultant 20%, meaning as a consultant you could get it at 40% off. I am not positive about this but I thought I read another thread that talked about us being able to get the guest special as consultants and our consultant discount worked for the special. Better double check though!

I have another question...I have a friend who is getting married in July and she has a registry through me. (This is one of the two weddings I am in this summer...;0)) I would like to purchase things form her registry but I'd rather use my 20% discount. My problem is, if I buy them on a personal order instead of through the registry, they won't show up on the registry as "purchased" and someone else could very likely order her a second of the items I order. Is there any way around this?

Couldn't you (or her) just go in and delete them off the registry?

Why wouldn't you go in and order them under your hubby's/sisters someone's name on the registry and get your commission and in Feb. double points towards the trip??

Just a dumb ??

Lisa

Bexs50 said:
Once you become a consultant you lose your past host discount of 10%. That I am sure of. I am NOT sure, but I think that we can get the current special of 20% off on top of our consultant 20%, meaning as a consultant you could get it at 40% off. I am not positive about this but I thought I read another thread that talked about us being able to get the guest special as consultants and our consultant discount worked for the special. Better double check though!

Thanks I really didn't know that I lost my PHD.

Well if it is true that you get you 20% off on top of the guest special 20% ... I would order it yourself as a personal order...then go into the register and put it in as on Outside Order on the Wedding Registry so it is marked off.

thanks,
Jennifer

PamperedMelanie said:
Couldn't you (or her) just go in and delete them off the registry?

Can I go in and delete things off of her registry myself??

I suppose I could tell her to do it but I didn't want to come out and say "I bought this for you so take it off your registry." I know she will be able to see that it was purchased anyway, but she wouldn't know what I specifically purchased. I would at least like it to be a surprise when she opens my gift.

The only problem with that is your friend will lose her "host benefit" on your purchase.

Yeh you don't need to delete it....if your the consultant you should just be able to enter the Outside Order. ;)

Do I have any control over her registry? That sounds wierd, but I mean do I have access to it? If so, how??? My friend set the registry up all on her own...she is a real go-getter!! :0) Didn't wait for me!!!

don't do a personal order!!! Your bride gets nothing for it except the product!!! She doesn't get credit towards her free product value even if you go into her registry and credit it. ONLY if it is actually purchased thru the registry.

Learned this the hard way--my bride got much of nothing becuase people were buying gifts from her registry from their local consultant instead of the registry--so although she got all the product she wanted, she didn't get anything free--only 15% off because only one person ordered directly from the registry :( bummer for her!

Also, if you buy it from her registry, she gets credit, you get the stones 20% off, you get 20% at least in commission and you get double points.

and yes you have access to her registry. go to the wedding registries, manage registry and it will list her name, click on it and you're in.

ange13 said:
and yes you have access to her registry. go to the wedding registries, manage registry and it will list her name, click on it and you're in.

Maybe I'm a little thick-headed but I'm not sure where you mean? Is this in CC or do I click on Wedding Registry from the main PC Homepage? I don't see it in CC and when I click on Wedding Registry from the main homepage and then click on manage registry it asks for her email address and password. I don't know her password. Should I?

Ok, I'm signing on so I can walk myself thru it--it's been awhile :)

sign in under CC, then go to managing your business, my shows, wedding registries. then it should bring up all the registries registered under your number. click on their name and their registry will appear.

does that help??

Thanks so much for the info! You're awesome!

I ordered off my BFF's registry to help make sure she got at least some free products. I was able to use my 10% PHD Discount. I didn't get my consultant discount, but I made commission and it counted towards her sales. It made both her and I happy!

Accessing registryYou can only make changes to the registry if the bride set it up that way. They have the option to have you contact them. If they don't then you can't do anything to their registry except look at it.

1. What is the "Friends Wedding Registry" feature?

The "Friends Wedding Registry" is a special feature offered by Pampered Chef where friends and family can contribute towards a couple's wedding gifts. It allows for a more personalized and convenient gift-giving experience.

2. How do I access the "Friends Wedding Registry"?

To access the "Friends Wedding Registry", simply visit the Pampered Chef website and search for the couple's registry using their names or registry number. You can also ask the couple directly for a link to their registry.

3. Can I contribute towards a specific gift on the registry?

Yes, you can choose to contribute towards a specific gift on the registry by selecting the "contribute" option next to the item. You can also choose to contribute any amount towards the couple's overall registry balance.

4. Can I add a personal message when contributing to the registry?

Yes, you can add a personal message to your contribution by clicking on the "add a message" button when making your contribution. This allows you to send a special note to the couple along with your gift.

5. How will the couple receive their gifts from the "Friends Wedding Registry"?

The couple will receive their gifts through a combination of direct shipping and credit towards their Pampered Chef account. They can then use the credit to purchase any remaining items on their registry or other products from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • mechelle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TJMagoo