• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Score Big Savings on Phones: Black Friday Sale Tips and Tricks

In summary, the person is trying to figure out how much money they will make from the sale, and whether they should offer it to everyone or just past hosts.
pckrissy
Is anyone planning to do a Black Friday Phone Sale? I want to put one together but haven't done a phone sale before. I love that fact that SA are 20% off...I know they all aren't it is still a good deal.
Anyone have any suggestions or flyers for this?
Thanks in advance!

I tried the past two years and didn't get anything. I am running a cookware sale through the end of the month and put it in my newsletter.

I am planning one but it will be my first. I haven't figured out all the specials yet but am using a format like Ann's to make it up.. probably last minute! AAHHHHH!

Ann: how were the results for you when you did this?

This looks great. Small problem ... I will be at WORK that day.Can it work if you do it via e-mail?If so, I'd ask people to time-stamp their order because a) yahoo thinks I'm on the west coast and b) sometimes e-mails take a while to come through.

Of course you could do it that way! That's the beauty of this business!

I've included email on sales like this - just base their special on the timestamp. I'm also working that Friday this year so I'm not offering a Black Friday sale. (But the good part about Thanksgiving being so early this year is that people will have their stuff in plenty of time before Christmas.) I'm currently running a "Thanksgiving essentials" sale through my newsletter, but haven't seen any orders from that, either.Brandi- that sale was several years ago, I think 2002, right after my first 14 months in the biz. I got 2 orders from it. (mailed the flyer as a postcard to my contact list)

I do my black friday a bit different. I offer 10% off entire catalog with free shipping and for past hosts I offer 20% off plus free shipping. I also do it as a mystery host, someone will receive all benefits.
On my flyer I put down to call my house anytime from 7am to 12noon. Leave name number and item numbers of what they want. I state I will return there call with orders either Saturday or Sunday.
I go black friday shopping and do not want to miss deals myself!!!
Last September I started with Pampered Chef. So I didn't have a ton of people on my contact list by Black Friday but I did manage to have a black friday sale of over 400 dollars by doing it this way!

The person who won the mystery host was someone I didn't know and she just hosted a catalog show with me this past September!!!

Maybe it's because I'm still new in this business and money is pretty tight or maybe I just don't understand....when you give these discounts and free shipping then you're out that money right? Since you're not just offering the host something free it's not like you can just add it to her order using her discount. Do I understand this right? I might need to wait until my business grows to think about doing this...but I like the idea.

I put the shows under past hosts discounts so I am really only out 10% plus shipping so its not really that much money to be out of, considering the profit that is made

Hi, I'm new here. :) I am curious about something, so please excuse my ignorance.

When you offer 20% off, do you even make any money? Or is it just to add one more show to your numbers, and the sales from that show? If you are under your $15K in sales, or are having a slow month, potentially you wouldn't make a dime off those types of specials, right?

It depends on whether you're offering 20% off to everyone or just to past hosts. If you're offering to everyone, then you'll only be breaking even (unless you've reached $15k career sales or have a month over $750). If only to past hosts, then you put it on their past host number, and cover the additional 10%, so you're still making something.Offering these types of sales can actually come back to bite you. Colleen (I think) has posted a story of someone who offered a sale in June one year, and the following year a guest at a May show told the other guests, "She has a great sale in June, so don't order anything tonight." You can eliminate that by offering a goodie instead of a sale - give them a sheet with recipes and tips, then you're only out the cost of copying.

I am not planning to make much on this sale... It is in a way a help to boost my sales but also in a way it is a customer appreciation. Some times you need to give a little to get more. Plus liek Ann said I start my month out at 22% so I will at least have that.

How far in advance do you post these sales? For Black Friday, do you send out an email say on Monday to make them aware or the day before T-giving? I know some people take time off that week of T-giving so I'd worry about not making it in time for those to see their emails, but not too far in advance so people forgot about it..kwim?

I am sending mine by mail on November 15th. That way they have time to request a catalog if needed. If you are doign email maybe you could send out a "watch for the specials" email a week in advance and then send the flier when it comes closer

I posted this same one on "light bulb just came on post". . . But I thought folks here would benefit.

I've done Black Fridays in the past. Here's my suggestions from experience.

Offer it BEFORE Black Friday ~ my most successful Black Friday sale happenend on the Mon & Tues (yes, I did 2 days) BEFORE Thanksgiving.

If you're going to make this successful, you've got to get on the phone to EVERYONE you email it to remind them ~ they WILL forget!

If sales are not what you want them to be ~ I've offered an "oh, shoot, I forgot!" sale (less discounts, but still got something) on the Monday AFTER Black Friday. I do NOT do this every year ~ so they have no idea if I'm going to or not...keep them on their toes.

Maybe the "oh shoot I forgot" sale could include the 20% off stones?

What 20 percent off stones? I thought that was January.

oh crap! You are right, I was having a brain freeze!

I love this idea! I did a newsletter last year but didn't offer anything special and got very little in return! This year, I have more people to contact though.

I really have limited funds, but think I could swing tax free/free S&H at various times of the day. Do you think that could work out? Maybe 7AM to 12 PM both off, 12:01-5:00 free S&H, and Free Shipping 5:01 to 9PM. Plus of course, the 20% off SA. I get a little confused with giving away half price items and such because what if you only get a couple of orders and don't make it to the $300? Or do youjust cross that bridge when you come to it?
Jessica

MaddyandOwensMom said:
I love this idea! I did a newsletter last year but didn't offer anything special and got very little in return! This year, I have more people to contact though.

I really have limited funds, but think I could swing tax free/free S&H at various times of the day. Do you think that could work out? Maybe 7AM to 12 PM both off, 12:01-5:00 free S&H, and Free Shipping 5:01 to 9PM. Plus of course, the 20% off SA. I get a little confused with giving away half price items and such because what if you only get a couple of orders and don't make it to the $300? Or do youjust cross that bridge when you come to it?
Jessica

I am planning on doing this for Black Friday. I'm also going to offer it for Saturday too. Then do the wonderful *oops I forogt about it* sale the following week. This will guarantee that I atleast get a qualified show. (Atleast I hope it does.) My shows keep cancelling and postponing until Dec, so if I don't do something, I'm not going to earn a penny this month! -- or any free products.... :(

I am doing my Black friday sale as a Pre Thanksgiving Sale and am having it this Sunday. I want to do it before black friday and plus I take my neice shopping on that day and I don't want to mess with it. I am offering 25% off anything in the catalog except cookware sets. Plus they will get the 20% off SA. I won't make much of anything on this but it will help with points for the trip and it is a end of the year customer apprectiation sale.

So, what kind of luck is everyone having with their black Friday sale. I'm dissapointed that I don't have a single sale yet. Oh well, it's still early.

No sales yet for me either, I got a few responses when I sent out the flyer..so maybe some are waiting for the deals I have later in the day...still thinking positively.. I wasn't doing anything today but cleaning so if I got a few sales it will be more than I had before...hope it works out for you!

I am in the boat with you both... not a single sale!!!!!!! I am also trying to be positive... maybe they are waiting for better sales... but I really tried to even it all out so that every hour was great! sigh

Stay positive girls...I just got my first order $81.00!!

woohoot! What was you special for the hour? Or are you just having an all day same sale?

Ok I got nothin! Hopefully someone will call.

I'm at $322!!!! I'm so excited! That's only 2 orders too! And one of the girls said she was going to call back a little later (I told her it'd be $4 for her shipping unless she ordered over $100 and she said it was over $100 again!!!) My stoneware sale & simple additions sales are the ones they ordered from! I offered 25% off stoneware & 40% off simple additions!

Brandi2007 said:
woohoot! What was you special for the hour? Or are you just having an all day same sale?

I am offering 20% off everything in the catalog until Noon.
20% OFF ALL Simple Additions ALL DAY..
and various sales for the rest of the day. I didn't make them too crazy bc I didn't want spend alot of my own $$...but we'll see what else happens!

Sarah- Way to go on your awesome sales so far :)

The lady just emailed me back & added another $218!!! So my show is at $$458!!!!!! I'm offering some crazy sales though! I figured even if I have to spend a little, with the commissions I've made all year, I'm still REALLY making out! I may even reach Level 4 for sell a thon!!

Sending lots of Black Friday luck to everyone else!!

Congrats Sarah!

Yeah Sarah! You are on a roll! I did get a couple takers... show is at 85$. But one person wanted to turn his order into a show of his own. He is at 282 right now and is out searching for at least another 18$ in sales!

I have only had one order so far, and that was placed on Wednesday! It was for $99.50. I am offering 15% off all day long, on top of any other discount they are eligible for. I'm hoping to get enough orders to at least make a show. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

I got an individual order on my website for $90, doesn't count towards my BFS. What to do now!?!

We just need to be patient... everyone is hitting the stores right now...
My 12-1 hour is almost over though and no bites for the mixing bowl set for only $54.50!!!!!

what gives???!!!

I got one order so far - a food chopper...from someone I have never met/heard of so I am assuming someone on my email list forwarded the sale flyer to a friend - I love referrals!!

No luck so far...

dannyzmom said:
I got one order so far - a food chopper...from someone I have never met/heard of so I am assuming someone on my email list forwarded the sale flyer to a friend - I love referrals!!

That's great Carolyn! I love referrals too!

Nothing yet for me. I just sent out a "Don't forget my Papmered Chef sale" e-mail. Maybe that will help. My sale offers aren't supper crazy, either. 25% off SA and the baking essentials on special for next month. 10% off for the first few hours. And some free stuff with orderes over certain amounts. Oh ya, cake tester for only $1.00 with every order. Maybe they are waitung till tonight, I offered that they can take advantage of any one of the earlier offers that they choose. My fingers are crossed.

I just sent out a reminder again! I still have nothing. :cry:

Seems like most are in the same boat as me! I'm only offering free S & H and no tax throughout various times of the day. I sent out about 50 e-mails and letters to all my hosts and some postcards to guests I didn't have e-mails for. So far, I have one possible booking for Feb., and a catty and cooking show for Dec. I have two sales for a total of $144. I may throw them to host who is doing a catty show for me so her total goes to over $500.

I may do, as someone suggested,an "Ooops, I forgot" tax-free sale for Monday and see what happens. Maybe the discounts weren't good enough, but I'm not in the financial position to offer much else.

The bottom line for me is that I was proactive. I let my director know and she was very pleased, so for me that's something. I had not been doing my best and I feel as if I did something that was positive for my business today!

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday!
Jessica

Just cleared the qualifying mark! I am running this til 9... but this hour is 20-30% off the entire catalog... I thought it would be my busiest.. not so far

I have hope. My aunt just called to tell me she was on her way up North and waould call me back with her order after they got there and setteled in . She also said she was offering her 3 DILs (my cousin's wives) to buy them some PC stuff for Christmas.

chefkristin said:
I just sent out a reminder again! I still have nothing. :cry:

I have one order so far and one that's waiting for tomorrow's specials. :yuck: ?? This is quite depressing, huh? I hope things pick up tomorrow, just because people are out today and doing physical shopping. I think I will do the "oops I missed it" sale next week for a few days. Still hoping to turn it into a show for this month....

I am throwing in the towel early. Mine goes till 8pm but I am going to my mom's.
Not one sale at all today. I did have someone to ask me to take them off the email list.:(

I got one sale for a food chopper :/

Right now I'm at about $40 in actual sales. I've spoken to a few people who wanted to place orders. I am definitely sending out an "oops" on Monday because I got alot of "out of the office" replies when I sent out my special. I want to hit my working people. I'll follow up with the other people who knew about the sale and told me they wanted to order, but didn't. I don't think they should get the GOOD deals because they knew about the sale, but I will give some kind of incentive so that they order. So we'll see. I'm about $800 away from Level 2 SAT. I have 1 more show this month and about 3-4 to close. I would like this to be gravy. I'm hoping I won't need it to make my 3k. We'll see!!

I'm sorry everyone had such a hard time. With gas prices and the uncertainess of the times I think people are being a little more judicious with where they spend their $$. I may be wrong, but I know that I am being frugal lately. $2.89 a gallon for gas and almost $5 a gallon for milk is OUTRAGEOUS!! My kids go through about a gallon of milk a day!

I did one of these in the spring or summer, can't remember which. I received three sales, just enough to make it a show. I've decided not to do this again, but if I had orders like Sarah L. it would be way cool.

So far I only have $10 in sales... hoping that I can get a few more by Monday.

<h2>What is the Black Friday sale for phones?</h2><p>The Black Friday sale for phones is a special promotion that offers discounted prices on select models of phones from various brands.</p><h2>Is anyone planning to do a Black Friday Phone Sale?</h2><p>As a company, we are planning to have a Black Friday Phone Sale. However, it is always best to check with your local consultant for specific details and promotions.</p><h2>Are all phones 20% off during the Black Friday sale?</h2><p>No, not all phones will be 20% off during the Black Friday sale. The sale will include select models and brands, and discounts may vary.</p><h2>Do you have any tips or suggestions for hosting a successful Black Friday Phone Sale?</h2><p>Yes, we recommend creating a flyer with the specific deals and discounts available during the sale. You can also promote the sale on social media and through email marketing. It's also a good idea to have a variety of payment options available for customers.</p><h2>Are there any special offers or promotions for the Black Friday Phone Sale?</h2><p>We may have additional promotions or special offers for the Black Friday Phone Sale, but it will vary by location and consultant. Be sure to check with your local consultant for specific details and promotions.</p>

What is the Black Friday sale for phones?

The Black Friday sale for phones is a special promotion that offers discounted prices on select models of phones from various brands.

Is anyone planning to do a Black Friday Phone Sale?

As a company, we are planning to have a Black Friday Phone Sale. However, it is always best to check with your local consultant for specific details and promotions.

Are all phones 20% off during the Black Friday sale?

No, not all phones will be 20% off during the Black Friday sale. The sale will include select models and brands, and discounts may vary.

Do you have any tips or suggestions for hosting a successful Black Friday Phone Sale?

Yes, we recommend creating a flyer with the specific deals and discounts available during the sale. You can also promote the sale on social media and through email marketing. It's also a good idea to have a variety of payment options available for customers.

Are there any special offers or promotions for the Black Friday Phone Sale?

We may have additional promotions or special offers for the Black Friday Phone Sale, but it will vary by location and consultant. Be sure to check with your local consultant for specific details and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies