• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Friday Dilemma: How to Balance a Sale and Customer Relations

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of doing a Black Friday sale for a home-based business, but the owner will be unavailable to take orders. Suggestions are given for using email and voicemail for orders, and offering incentives for husbands to shop for their wives. The conversation also mentions using a website and email marketing service for the sale, and the question is raised about creating an email template in the business's personal website. Some individuals share their own experiences with Black Friday sales and offer advice on how to handle orders during the sale.
mrssyvo
I have a bit of a dilemma, and I would like your advice. I had a Holiday Bazaar at my home last week, and I invited all of my customers that live in my area. Not too many of them came, however. I have a large customer base from several areas in the state. I would like to do a Black Friday sale, but I will be gone from my home for the entire weekend, away from my computer. Does it seem silly to do a Black Friday sale if I will be unavailable to take the orders, and do I offer it to my locals customers also. I do not want them to feel bombarded by me, and since I send out monthly newsletters, they will be hearing from me again the first of the month. Also, I would like to encourage the husbands to buy for their wives for Christmas, and want to include an incentive for them to buy as well. I am not quite sure how to pull this off, but I have done phone/internet sales the past 2 years, so it is somewhat a tradition. I thought about waiting until Decemebr, to give a bit of a break, but I could use the sales for Sell a thon. All opinions welcome.

Could you make it into an e-mail/voicemail sale? You could use the time stamp to see when they called/e-mailed for any hourly specials you may want to do.

I'm doing one next Friday as well - I gave everyone my cell # just in case I need to leave the house. :)

I would tell them to leave phone messages or emails with the orders and that you would call back to get the card numbers since you don't want them leaving that on an unattended machine.

You said you've done Internet sales, so you must have a website. Post the rules on your website, setup a catalog show under your name and email out the invites from your website (or send one to yourself and forward to your address book since there's no way to import guest lists!). You'll know what hour they submitted based on the email copy you get in your inbox and they can securely type in their credit/debit card info. Let them know that their orders will be adjusted by you for the specials and will not reflect when they enter the order, but you will confirm the amount prior to submitting it.

JCPenney and Kohl's have no problem telling you about their Day after Thanksgiving Sales, even though they just had Veteran's Day sales last weekend. If you include locals, just put a note that because so many couldn't attend the Holiday Bazaar, you decided to have a Black Friday sale to help them save $$ while Christmas shopping.

I think you could do fine just doing the email and voicemail orders. Everything that's been said is very good info. I'm doing one on Black Friday and Saturday and I'll be away from my home for Friday. I'm planning on including that in my invites when I send them out today. I'll give them all a call on Saturday and will collect pymt from them when I call to confirm their order. I wish you the best of luck with it all.

what are you offering as your Black Friday Sale... I am in need of doing one.. I am short for my incentive this month..... HELP

I am curious as to what everyone is offering for a Black Friday sale too. I won't be home either, but doing the sale from my website sounds like a good idea.

I am doing a week long sale. If interested in the email, pm me & I will forward to you. I use Constant Contact and love it. I also send a monthly newsletter. Sometimes they get 3 emails in one month.

black fridaycan someone tell me if it's possible to create your own email "template" in our PWS for something like this? I have almost 500 email contacts in my PWS and want to send out my black friday info to them..problem is, I don't have these contacts in my regular outlook express address book? Or does someone know how to export those contacts to my outlook express?
thanks bunches

I don't think you can. That is why I dont' use the PWS for emails. Not sure how to export them though.

What are the best deals for Black Friday at Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of deals for Black Friday, including discounts on popular kitchen tools and cookware sets. You can also find special bundles and exclusive products only available on Black Friday.

Can I use my consultant discount on Black Friday deals?

Unfortunately, consultant discounts cannot be applied to Black Friday deals. However, you can still earn commission on any purchases made by your customers during the Black Friday sale.

How long do Black Friday deals last?

Black Friday deals at Pampered Chef typically last for one day only, starting at midnight on Friday and ending at 11:59 PM. However, some deals may be extended for a longer period of time, so be sure to check the website for updates.

Do I have to be a consultant to access Black Friday deals?

No, anyone can take advantage of the Black Friday deals at Pampered Chef. You do not have to be a consultant to shop or make a purchase.

Are there any special offers for hosting a Black Friday party?

Yes, there are special perks for hosting a Black Friday party with Pampered Chef. Hosts can earn extra free products and exclusive discounts on top of the already discounted Black Friday deals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • confusedturtle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
chickey