• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Black Friday & Cyber Monday: Check Out Our Offers!

Since this is your first year doing Black Friday sales, you'll want to follow the directions that are included on the flyer. You can also check out this blog post for more information. Thanks for getting back to me!
ShelbyMichalek
What are you doing for Black Friday this year? Cyber Monday?

Since a few of us were talking about doing Black Friday sales this year, I took one of the flyers in the file section from last year and adjusted it for myself (to reflect the different sales I could personally offer) and added a bit of color.
I'm just attaching it here for you to see what I've done with it. Feel free to use it, change it, etc.

(To note: The gift certificate offer I'm giving will be a gift certificate only redeemable by me.)

Also feel free to post what your doing (if you are) for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday this year!!

Attachments

• blackfridaysale2010.doc
    224 KB · Views: 1,043
Last edited:
Shelby, this sounds great. I m pretty new, so I have a lot of questions.
How will you track referrals?

Shelby, this sounds great. I m pretty new, so I have a lot of questions.
  • how will you track referrals?
  • how will you know when they ordered?
  • How will you adjust their prices?

It seems like I could figure this out for the phone and email orders, but not the pws....?

also, how has this gone for people who have done it in the past?

I'm sure there are more questions I haven't thought of yet

thanks in advance

Tracking referrals is simple, just ask when they call if someone referred them. You'll know if it's someone that you didn't invite. They'll have to provide their contact information no matter how they order so you can just ask them. But like I said, if it's not someone you invited, you'll know.

When they ordered. All orders will be timestamped. If it's on your voicemail it either tells you when it was or you can press a button for message info and it'll tell you the time of the call. If it's via email those are all timestamped as well. Calls that come through, I can just check the time when I answer or if you're using your cell phone or other phone that registers the number and time called, that's easy.

I'll enter EVERYTHING as an individual order (or probably a show in which everything is mailed directly to the customer). But first I'll add everything up to include their discounts. Then when I put it in P3, I only charge them for what I've told them they'll pay. The difference will be paid out of my pocket as a "Consultant Gift." (which I believe is tax deductible) If I've promised them something free I'll probably purchase that with the host discount so it doesn't cost me to terribly much. When they order on PWS, they have to order as if they're ordering from a show. That way I can input it through P3.

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly...the way you describe dealing with the emails and calls, makes sense, but I am still not confident with the PWS part....

ShelbyMichalek said:
Tracking referrals is simple, just ask when they call if someone referred them. You'll know if it's someone that you didn't invite. They'll have to provide their contact information no matter how they order so you can just ask them. But like I said, if it's not someone you invited, you'll know.
but on PWS? how will you know?

When they ordered. All orders will be timestamped. ......

again, on PWS? are they time stamped?

When they order on PWS, they have to order as if they're ordering from a show. That way I can input it through P3.

This makes sense, but you may want to put those instructions on your flyer. I thnk if i do this, I may want to just go email and calls until I feel better about the PWS...

I'm so curious to know what kind of results people have gotten. And has Black friday or Cyber Monday done better?

BlueMoon said:
Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly...the way you describe dealing with the emails and calls, makes sense, but I am still not confident with the PWS part....

but on PWS? how will you know?
They have to put in their phone number/email to order. So like I said, if it's someone you didn't invite you can just call them up to confirm their order just like you would for a regular show and ask who referred them.

again, on PWS? are they time stamped?
Yes. When someone orders from a show through PWS, you get an email right away. The email AND the info in the email is timestamped.

This makes sense, but you may want to put those instructions on your flyer. I thnk if i do this, I may want to just go email and calls until I feel better about the PWS...
I actually did include this ;) It's right under the "heres how it works" paragraph on the top. In italics at the end. Simple directions are enough. If they don't understand, they will call.

I'm so curious to know what kind of results people have gotten. And has Black friday or Cyber Monday done better?

My answers in red. I hope this helps. As far as results, I'll admit I've never done this. I'm hoping to see if someone else answer your question.

BlueMoon said:

Trust in the website. It's like the witness protection program - 100% of the time if all directions are followed, the results are good.
(Odd comparison, I was watching the pilot episode of In Plain Sight last night)

So I'm curious about this and other percentage off sales...as a new consultant, I don't understand "how" you do it...

For example someone purchases $50 in items and you give 20% off...how do you enter that in P3, etc.

Sounds like a great flyer and hope it does well. I might look into doing something like this, once I figure out how you give discounts, etc. :)

Shelby, you're the best. thanks--and I LOVE In Plain Sight.

minirottie said:
So I'm curious about this and other percentage off sales...as a new consultant, I don't understand "how" you do it...

For example someone purchases $50 in items and you give 20% off...how do you enter that in P3, etc.

Sounds like a great flyer and hope it does well. I might look into doing something like this, once I figure out how you give discounts, etc. :)

So if someone orders $50 in items and you offer 20% off you calculate 50 * .8. So that persons total is $40. You then add tax, shipping, etc. When you fill in that persons payment information you put $10 in as a consultant gift payment and then the rest as that persons debit/credit card, check, cash (however they pay). Does that make sense? You basically calculate it out on paper first and then you pay the difference yourself.

Thanks Marghi. I'm definately not the best. I'm just pretty darn good. :)

Thanks Shelby....I am gonna use this one!! I already do a Super Bowl Sunday special and that works great too!!

millthayer said:
Thanks Shelby....I am gonna use this one!! I already do a Super Bowl Sunday special and that works great too!!

Okay, now I MUST know what you do for Super Bowl Sunday. Do you have a flyer?

ShelbyMichalek said:
So if someone orders $50 in items and you offer 20% off you calculate 50 * .8. So that persons total is $40. You then add tax, shipping, etc. When you fill in that persons payment information you put $10 in as a consultant gift payment and then the rest as that persons debit/credit card, check, cash (however they pay). Does that make sense? You basically calculate it out on paper first and then you pay the difference yourself.

Ahh, I see now! Thanks for explaining...so much to learn with all of this :)

Hi. I love the flyer and I will definitely be "borrowing" it too! :) I love that you grouped the hours, rather than having something different each and every hour. That would just be waaay too much for me to handle! LOL.
I did notice that from 11am to 2pm you spoke of the Dots Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent, but it's not dots, so that may confuse some people.

Thanks so much for this. It's awesome!

Shelby, I love your flyer, BUT 15% off all cookware? That could turn out to be alot of money out of pocket for you. What if they ordered both Stainless cookware sets? Just my opinion.... Otherwise, I think I will be borrowing too

I'll be doing a Black Friday sale again this year. Last year I had over $750 in sales. Here's what my flyer says.
Black Friday SaleSave 10 - 25%
Friday, November 26th 7:00 to 11:00 am​
  • Look through your catalog or visit my Pampered Chef website [website address].
  • Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family, don't forget to treat yourself!
  • Call me (765-210-0360) or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Do not place your order on my website—the discount will not apply.
7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
8:01 am - 9:00 am Receive 20% off your order
9:01 am - 10:00 am Receive 15% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Spend $50 or more (before s/h & tax) during the sale
and get free shipping​
It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:Your nameYour phone numberLet me know the item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home office. This will be submitted as part of a December catalog party, so the December special will apply. This means that if your order is over $60 before shipping/handling and tax you'll need to pick one of the dessert sauces.Let me know how you'd like to pay. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are due by 12/5/2009.)You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.Feel free to contact me before Black Friday with any questions.
Happy Shopping!​

Last edited:
Thanks, Rae! I've never really done a Black Friday sale before, but I think with Facebook being a legal venue this year, I may give it a try. I'll be using your format. :)

Shelby, I love the flyer, and all the great details on how this works. I would suggest, though, making the instructions to "enter Black Friday as the host" stand out more. If they don't see this, they'll submit individual orders, and you will not be able to adjust the amounts paid. I looked the flyer over three times before I finally saw it.

You're welcome, Becky. I was thrilled with the response last year. Since I'm out shopping, letting voicemail or email keep track of things works well for me.

Krista Burson said:
Shelby, I love your flyer, BUT 15% off all cookware? That could turn out to be alot of money out of pocket for you. What if they ordered both Stainless cookware sets? Just my opinion.... Otherwise, I think I will be borrowing too

We make 20%+ on all sales. Consider the commission you will get plus sales to go towards the SAT and it's not that bad!

dme.grant said:
Hi. I love the flyer and I will definitely be "borrowing" it too! :) I love that you grouped the hours, rather than having something different each and every hour. That would just be waaay too much for me to handle! LOL.
I did notice that from 11am to 2pm you spoke of the Dots Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent, but it's not dots, so that may confuse some people.
Thanks so much for this. It's awesome!

I noticed this when I was going over the printed flyer with my husband. I had actually edited one I found before and changed the product there. I forgot to take out "Dots" when I did it. Good thing I showed him!

Krista Burson said:

Think of it as not out of pocket. You're earning 20%+ commission on it, why not offer 15% off? Just think of it as not earning as much and not as "spending a lot"

(Edit: and after I posted this I saw someone answered it form me ;) )

raebates said:
I'll be doing a Black Friday sale again this year. Last year I had over $750 in sales. Here's what my flyer says.

Black Friday Sale

Save 10 - 25%
Friday, November 26th 7:00 to 11:00 am​

• Look through your catalog or visit my Pampered Chef website (Welcome To My Personal Web Site).
  • Make out your list. As you think about teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends and family, don't forget to treat yourself!
  • Call me (765-210-0360) or send an e-mail to [email protected]. Do not place your order on my website—the discount will not apply.

7:00 am - 8:00 am Receive 25% off your order
8:01 am - 9:00 am Receive 20% off your order
9:01 am - 10:00 am Receive 15% off your order
10:01 am - 11:00 am Receive 10% off your order
Spend $50 or more (before s/h & tax) during the sale
and get free shipping​

It's that simple. Just call or e-mail me during these 4 hours and receive a fabulous discount! Be sure to leave the following information:

Your name

Your phone number

Let me know the item number(s), item name(s) and quantity of each you would like. I’ll be sure to verify your order information with you before submitting the order to our home office. This will be submitted as part of a December catalog party, so the December special will apply. This means that if your order is over $60 before shipping/handling and tax you'll need to pick one of the dessert sauces.

Let me know how you'd like to pay. I’ll get back to you with a total. (All payments are due by 12/5/2009.)

You’ll receive your order within approximately 2 weeks, just in time for the holidays.

Feel free to contact me before Black Friday with any questions.

Happy Shopping!​

Rae,

When do you actually email your customer list regarding your sale?

ShelbyMichalek said:
What are you doing for Black Friday this year? Cyber Monday?

Since a few of us were talking about doing Black Friday sales this year, I took one of the flyers in the file section from last year and adjusted it for myself (to reflect the different sales I could personally offer) and added a bit of color.
I'm just attaching it here for you to see what I've done with it. Feel free to use it, change it, etc.

(To note: The gift certificate offer I'm giving will be a gift certificate only redeemable by me.)

Also feel free to post what your doing (if you are) for Black Friday and/or Cyber Monday this year!!

Thank you for posting this..I think I will be doing this this year. I need to get sales..and I would love to earn something for SAT.

chefheidi2003 said:
Thank you for posting this..I think I will be doing this this year. I need to get sales..and I would love to earn something for SAT.

I'm right up there with you!! I would adore earning something with SAT. This June I wasn't able to participate and I signed last November so I couldn't do it then either.

Gina M said:
Rae,

When do you actually email your customer list regarding your sale?

I will include the information in my December newsletter, which will go out the week before Thanksgiving. I'll begin carrying the info on 1/2 sheet card stock to share with people while I'm out and about. I'll also do an invite on FB that week before.

I just wanted to say I fixed the problems with the flyer and reuploaded it to the first post (that way there isn't a duplicate in the files section). "Dots" was removed and I put all the product names in italics so it becomes more clear. As far as the website instructions, it's up to you to change that however you see fit. :D

So how well do you think this would work for new consultants? I've only had 2 shows thus far. I'm not sure how large my customer base will be by then. I do have a Facebook Page though.

Also, what is SAT? We need a thread of acronyms for the newbies like me. :)

Sell-A-Thon. You can find more about it on Consultant's Corner. Just type in sell a thon on the top search of CC and it should find it for you. Otherwise there may be a link on the front page.

Thanks.....

ShelbyMichalek said:
I'll enter EVERYTHING as an individual order (or probably a show in which everything is mailed directly to the customer). But first I'll add everything up to include their discounts. Then when I put it in P3, I only charge them for what I've told them they'll pay. The difference will be paid out of my pocket as a "Consultant Gift." (which I believe is tax deductible) If I've promised them something free I'll probably purchase that with the host discount so it doesn't cost me to terribly much. When they order on PWS, they have to order as if they're ordering from a show. That way I can input it through P3.

are the guests paying for direct shipping or are you adjusting the totals and paying the difference for that too?

kristina16marie said:
are the guests paying for direct shipping or are you adjusting the totals and paying the difference for that too?

Direct shipping only unless they live within a 10 minute drive of me. Most of my customer base isn't that local though, so it'll be direct shipping for a lot of them.

Great information!!! One question... what is the best way to advertise this? or, where would you recommend putting the flyers? :)

I'm mailing it to all my past hosts and customers that were interested in mailings. I'm going to take it and make a snapshot photo of it and post it on my Facebook Page Specials album about a week before and share that with my friends. Other than that, I'll keep about 5 copies in my purse when I'm out and about and that's it.

It will go out in my newsletter the week before. I'll post it on my facebook as an event about a week before, inviting everyone. I'll also keep copies in my purse so that I can invite new people.

I got an email from vista print saying I had credit to get 100 free post cards so I made up color postcards and it only cost me like $5 with shipping. I will then mail these out/pass them out. I will also give a plug for it at all of my booths in November.

Thanks so much for this! I'm a new Consultant, and I've tweaked your flyer a bit - very much appreciate it :)

Love this site!

I was out and about today--salon appointment, massage, and several errands. My hair dresser and the stylist at the next station are both customers. My massage therapist works out of an education center attached to a natural health store. My therapist, the owner of the store, and both of the store employees are all customers. I'll see them all the week of Thanksgiving, but took along catalogs and Black Friday sale info for all of them. Here's the fun part. When I entered the area to meet with my massage therapist one of the store employees was getting ready to leave. As I handed the information to my therapist I told the employee that I'd left info at the store for her. My massage therapist said, "Oh, I can't wait. I got a lot of stuff last year and saved a bunch!" This made the employee ask what she was talking about. I didn't have to say a word. My massage therapist sold her on the idea of participating in my sale. :)

Good job raebates!!!

Thanks. I often tell people that I'm a marketing genius. LOL!

So quick question....when they submit the order through the "black friday" show online, and you receive it....how does that come across to you? Or does that just input the info into an email or P3? And then you can adjust the discounts and such in P3? I just want to make sure I understand this when I'm asked...they submit their payment info but won't get charged what the online order says, discounts taken after it's submitted to us when we put it in P3....???? Do I have this right?
THANKS!!!!!

The thing you have to make sure vtolin is they put it in with a HOST NAME (i.e. black friday, or your name or something), it CANNOT be an individual order or they DO get charged right away. if it's under a show, you can make adjustments to it.

Ahhhh....I see! Thank you!!! I wasn't sure how this worked since I just got my site going! Thank you!!!

Some great ideas that I think I'll implement this year. Hoping to have much success with this to help boost my sales for the SAT!!

I noticed you have the Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent and the Beaded Serving Fork as part of your promotion. Are you using the monthly host special to cover this and, if so, how does that work?

winklermom said:
I noticed you have the Oval Platter with Cranberry Accent and the Beaded Serving Fork as part of your promotion. Are you using the monthly host special to cover this and, if so, how does that work?

Nope, I'm not using the monthly special for this. I suppose I could but then what would I do if more than one person ordered it? ;)

vtolin said:
So quick question....when they submit the order through the "black friday" show online, and you receive it....how does that come across to you? Or does that just input the info into an email or P3? And then you can adjust the discounts and such in P3? I just want to make sure I understand this when I'm asked...they submit their payment info but won't get charged what the online order says, discounts taken after it's submitted to us when we put it in P3....???? Do I have this right?
THANKS!!!!!

You set it up as a show on your website...with the host name something like "BLACK FRIDAY". THen when you import the orders into P3, you can calculate the discount and apply it is a Consultant Gift payment.

newbie here so probably the dumbest question ever...If your offering a 20% discount...and you only make 20%...arent you basically just doing the paperwork for free and making nothing :confused:

Mindy50135 said:
newbie here so probably the dumbest question ever...If your offering a 20% discount...and you only make 20%...arent you basically just doing the paperwork for free and making nothing :confused:

yes, if you are only making 20%, but I don't remember when the last time I only made 20% was. It also goes towards SAT, and carreer sales. Sometimes, it is worth offering your comission to your great customers to keep your business going. I don't often offer big sales, but Black Friday is a day people are planning to spend money. Wouldn't you rather it be with you?

Mindy50135 said:

YUP....but you are getting sales which can help towards Sell-a-thon and staying active (if you need it). Plus- remember, the more you sell in a month, the more your commission is. So if you sell more than $750, you'll make 22%. Sell more than $1500 in the month and it goes to 23% and so on.

You can vary your discount of course, but make it too small and no one will care and won't buy anything.

You make it what you want the sale to be.

<h2>1. What are the Black Friday deals for Pampered Chef this year?</h2><p>This year, Pampered Chef is offering a variety of deals and discounts for Black Friday. These include special discounts on select products, limited edition items, and exclusive bundles. Stay tuned for more details on specific deals as Black Friday approaches!</p><h2>2. Will there be any Cyber Monday sales for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef will also have deals for Cyber Monday. These may include discounts on popular products, free shipping offers, and special promotions. Keep an eye out for our Cyber Monday deals!</p><h2>3. Can I use gift certificates on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?</h2><p>While gift certificates are not typically eligible for use on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, some Pampered Chef consultants may offer special promotions or discounts for gift certificate purchases during these shopping holidays. Check with your consultant for more information.</p><h2>4. Will there be any exclusive offers for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef may have exclusive offers or deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. These may include limited edition products, early access to sales, or special bundles. Make sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our email list to stay updated on exclusive offers!</p><h2>5. Can I stack discounts or promotions on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?</h2><p>Unfortunately, discounts and promotions cannot be stacked on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. However, our consultants may offer special deals or promotions that can be used in conjunction with the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales. Contact your consultant for more information.</p>

1. What are the Black Friday deals for Pampered Chef this year?

This year, Pampered Chef is offering a variety of deals and discounts for Black Friday. These include special discounts on select products, limited edition items, and exclusive bundles. Stay tuned for more details on specific deals as Black Friday approaches!

2. Will there be any Cyber Monday sales for Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef will also have deals for Cyber Monday. These may include discounts on popular products, free shipping offers, and special promotions. Keep an eye out for our Cyber Monday deals!

3. Can I use gift certificates on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

While gift certificates are not typically eligible for use on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, some Pampered Chef consultants may offer special promotions or discounts for gift certificate purchases during these shopping holidays. Check with your consultant for more information.

4. Will there be any exclusive offers for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Yes, Pampered Chef may have exclusive offers or deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. These may include limited edition products, early access to sales, or special bundles. Make sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our email list to stay updated on exclusive offers!

5. Can I stack discounts or promotions on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Unfortunately, discounts and promotions cannot be stacked on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. However, our consultants may offer special deals or promotions that can be used in conjunction with the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • vmgcooks
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kisha1210
Replies
Views
Wildfire