• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Black Friday & Cyber Monday: Check Out Our Offers!

Since this is your first year doing Black Friday sales, you'll want to follow the directions that are included on the flyer. You can also check out this blog post for more information. Thanks for getting back to me!
Ok... I've read thru most of the questions but I'm still confused on how you adjust the prices if they order thru PWS? Doesnt that automatically do it.. Or because it's in a show I can adjust it before I finalize it?
Thanks for all the ideas and the help!!!

When they order online through a show, you still put it in P3 before the order is actually placed. You can adjust it in P3.

thanks for all the help!

Raebates,
when you offer free shipping on orders over $50 isn't that costing you quite a bit?

Mindy50135 said:
Raebates,
when you offer free shipping on orders over $50 isn't that costing you quite a bit?

Not really. I still make plenty on my show. However, I encourage everyone to weigh out what they can afford and adjust things accordingly.

Has anyone created a post card on VistaPrint that they would like to share? I've tried but I haven't been able to get all of my info on the card so I'm having to still refer them to the website just to see what the specials are. I'd like to have it so that the specials are listed on the card. I'm afraid that they won't take the time to go to the website to see the specials and then won't order on the day of the specials.

I'll be making postcard that'll be unmailable (as in-full on both sides and just for handing out) with all the specials on one side and the extra info on the other.

Thanks for sharing your flier (and all of the tips!). I'm going to be editing it for my own use and have started a FB "event" for Black Friday that has "teaser" language right now. Basically, it's enticing invitees to participate in a big sale with lots of deals, etc. If they RSVP yes, I'll e-mail them the specific specials on Monday, Nov. 22, and then they can do their picking and choosing over the week to take advantage of the sales they want on Friday. I've also mentioned the incentive for referring others to the sale. So far I have 9 "yes" RSVPs...and one of them is a referral (I know this because I didn't know the person and when I clicked on her I saw the one friend we had in common). I will probably also offer an incentive for folks who "shop ahead" and place an order Monday-Thursday. And I'll come up with some sort of added booking incentive too (I need to get more shows on the calendar). I plan to submit the orders as a show (have a Black Friday show set up through PWS) and take advantage of the host specials/free products myself. As a relatively new consultant I can use the deals and deserve something for my work. :) Hope it works for me...I'm a little over $1000 from the first SAT level and still have a catalog show going through the end of the month with another customer.

So for those of you that are doing/will do the Black Friday Sale, when will payment be due? I saw that someone posted here (and I saw another flyer) saying that payment is due in December. Does the show not have to be submitted in November for SAT? I think I'm going to try the sale this year. It can't hurt anything. But I need this to go toward SAT.

ms_twana said:
So for those of you that are doing/will do the Black Friday Sale, when will payment be due? I saw that someone posted here (and I saw another flyer) saying that payment is due in December. Does the show not have to be submitted in November for SAT? I think I'm going to try the sale this year. It can't hurt anything. But I need this to go toward SAT.

You make it what YOU want it to be. Tweak what needs tweaking to fit your needs. :)

Rae (or anyone else)....

It's been awhile since I've done online orders, so i can't remember, but how do you determine the time they placed the order? Does the web order give a timestamp? (have you had anyone argue with you on the time?

i get an email as soon as the order was placed.. actually since im technically the host too i get two emails.

FYI....For those who may use Mike's newsletter (My Email Designs), I just emailed them and asked if he was doing a Black Friday Newsletter this year. Donna replied that he has it done and is testing links now. He should have it up in the next day or two. You can edit the percentages easily to fit your sale.

esavvymom said:
You make it what YOU want it to be. Tweak what needs tweaking to fit your needs. :)

Oh, I know. I just wanted to know if the December submission would count toward a November show?

Also, are you all putting it in as a cooking show or catalog show?

Okay. I have looked at a couple of Black Friday flyers. I tweaked a few of them and came up with this.

Attachments

• Black Friday Ad 2010 chef success.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
ms_twana said:
Oh, I know. I just wanted to know if the December submission would count toward a November show?

No if you submit it in December it would not count towards anything in November. Also remember if you have it entered in as a November show - it won't count towards any December incentives either.

Catalog show - you cannot put it as a cooking show unless you are providing a recipe for some people.

esavvymom said:
Rae (or anyone else)....

It's been awhile since I've done online orders, so i can't remember, but how do you determine the time they placed the order? Does the web order give a timestamp? (have you had anyone argue with you on the time?

If you look closely at my flyer you'll notice that I say that online orders through my website won't be accepted, and that's why. They must call, email, or send a fb message.

ms_twana said:

This would be a catalog show, since I'm not showing up anywhere. As for your original question, I use this as part of my December sales and toward the December incentive, but I know a lot of people who do it with payment only by credit or debit card and due by the end of the month so they can use it for SAT.

One thing that came to mind yesterday as I was headed out to do a show. In deciding what I would offer during my Black Friday sale, I make sure that it's never a better deal than hosting a show. I want my hosts (and potential hosts) to know that hosting a show is the best way to save on PC products.

raebates said:
This would be a catalog show, since I'm not showing up anywhere. As for your original question, I use this as part of my December sales and toward the December incentive, but I know a lot of people who do it with payment only by credit or debit card and due by the end of the month so they can use it for SAT.

What's the December incentive?

Two shows held and submitted by December 15 earns another new spring product.

Only do it as a catalog show unless you're actually hosting an in-home Black Friday Open house or something like that. Don't cheat the system just because you're a consultant.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Only do it as a catalog show unless you're actually hosting an in-home Black Friday Open house or something like that. Don't cheat the system just because you're a consultant.

I wasn't trying to cheat the system. I was asking to make sure I do it correctly. Thanks!

raebates said:
Two shows held and submitted by December 15 earns another new spring product.

Oh, that's right. Thanks.

Thanks, ladies!

Ok. I'm just being lazy, PLUS, I actually want to do some shopping that day myself, not hang around the house waiting for possible sales.....so would having my Black Friday sale occur all week- would that be a thing to consider?? Any drawbacks to that?I might not make much money doing it, but it would insure I was active, and goes towards my sales (inching closer to 15k). And it would give me some live leads to follow up with for hopefully bookings the first of the year. I just thought about it today after getting a sale flyer from a retailer that said "Black Friday sale NOW!". Alot of them do it, and I thought- why not?! Customers will more than likely be out shopping- not at home looking online at my sale stuff....so maybe I can get them BEFORE Friday and they still get a deal, and doesn't interrupt their Friday shopping - or mine ;).??

esavvymom said:
Ok. I'm just being lazy, PLUS, I actually want to do some shopping that day myself, not hang around the house waiting for possible sales.....so would having my Black Friday sale occur all week- would that be a thing to consider?? Any drawbacks to that?

I might not make much money doing it, but it would insure I was active, and goes towards my sales (inching closer to 15k). And it would give me some live leads to follow up with for hopefully bookings the first of the year. I just thought about it today after getting a sale flyer from a retailer that said "Black Friday sale NOW!". Alot of them do it, and I thought- why not?! Customers will more than likely be out shopping- not at home looking online at my sale stuff....so maybe I can get them BEFORE Friday and they still get a deal, and doesn't interrupt their Friday shopping - or mine ;).

??

I think I might do this too. Plus, I am leaving town on Friday late morning so taking care of all orders, calling...etc...would be best to have done so I can completely enjoy my vacation. ;)

You can certainly do your sale however you like. Answering your concerns, though, I'll let you know that I am out shopping during my Black Friday sale. That's the beauty of doing the sale the way I do. Calls go to my cell phone. I can tell if it's The Furry Guy or our son calling; any other calls I let go to voicemail. I handle all of the voicemails and emails (and this year fb messages) on Saturday morning or even Sunday afternoon. (I spend most of Saturday decorating the house.

Just wanted to let those of you who have fan pages on FB (I didn't see this mentioned anywhere else in the thread, so if I missed it I apologize for repeating the info), you can set up a Contact Me tab, for free, through 123contactform.com. This gives your FB fans another way to join the fun, and the information goes to your e-mail, so it would be time-stamped. It works pretty well.

Ms_Twana thanks for the idea of the $50 kit rebate on your flier. I did some brainstorming last night as to the details of what I'd offer and that never even came to mind. Raebates-thanks for the reminder to not offer deals better than what someone can get hosting a show. As I've been thinking of deals to offer I'm struggling with being too generous. I want people to be excited about the offers - but I've got to make some money off of this sale too, otherwise what's the point?!I'll be submitting the orders as one show as well...it'll help my local customers save on shipping (which they'll appreciate), I can recoup some of my investment in the freebies I'll provide by earning free product value to use to enhance my kit and stock up on some things I know I'll want to have on hand for my open house next month. I'm a little worried about logistics because I won't have Internet where we'll be most of that day, but I will still get e-mails to my phone so I think I'll be able to handle most anything that comes my way that day.

ChefNelson said:
Ms_Twana thanks for the idea of the $50 kit rebate on your flier. I did some brainstorming last night as to the details of what I'd offer and that never even came to mind. Raebates-thanks for the reminder to not offer deals better than what someone can get hosting a show. As I've been thinking of deals to offer I'm struggling with being too generous. I want people to be excited about the offers - but I've got to make some money off of this sale too, otherwise what's the point?!

I'll be submitting the orders as one show as well...it'll help my local customers save on shipping (which they'll appreciate), I can recoup some of my investment in the freebies I'll provide by earning free product value to use to enhance my kit and stock up on some things I know I'll want to have on hand for my open house next month.

I'm a little worried about logistics because I won't have Internet where we'll be most of that day, but I will still get e-mails to my phone so I think I'll be able to handle most anything that comes my way that day.

That was SOOO not my idea!! LOL. You're welcome though!! :D

I haven't recruited anyone. Will we make at least $50 when we recruit someone? Looking at these threads and seeing people give more than 20% off (or even 20% off!) I have to wonder how anyone is making any money.I think I am about $300 away from an extra 24% commission this month... I would love to push it over with a black Friday sale if possible, but I don't want to lose money on the deal either.A lot of people have free shipping offers, and I had considered it also. But I also realized I'm not making any commission on the shipping. I thought I'd do free items instead (like rubs maybe).Just some of my thoughts, I'm not being critical of anyone who choses to do these things, just not sure how I could make them work for me. I think I will be doing one sale all day long. 10% off everything, free measuring spoons with $60 purchase, and free rub with a $100 purchase. I am think at $150 or more, I will add free shipping (even though I won't make commission), because I think it would be worth it to me to have the big sale.

ChefNelson said:
Ms_Twana thanks for the idea of the $50 kit rebate on your flier. I did some brainstorming last night as to the details of what I'd offer and that never even came to mind. Raebates-thanks for the reminder to not offer deals better than what someone can get hosting a show. As I've been thinking of deals to offer I'm struggling with being too generous. I want people to be excited about the offers - but I've got to make some money off of this sale too, otherwise what's the point?!

I'll be submitting the orders as one show as well...it'll help my local customers save on shipping (which they'll appreciate), I can recoup some of my investment in the freebies I'll provide by earning free product value to use to enhance my kit and stock up on some things I know I'll want to have on hand for my open house next month.

I'm a little worried about logistics because I won't have Internet where we'll be most of that day, but I will still get e-mails to my phone so I think I'll be able to handle most anything that comes my way that day.

You're welcome.

Remember that you don't have to get back to anyone that day. I will have an auto-response set up letting people know that I'm out of my office and will get back with them in a couple of days. After all, I'll leave my house at about 5 a.m. that day and return late in the evening. I won't be checking my email while I'm out

magentablue said:
I haven't recruited anyone. Will we make at least $50 when we recruit someone?

Looking at these threads and seeing people give more than 20% off (or even 20% off!) I have to wonder how anyone is making any money.

I think I am about $300 away from an extra 24% commission this month... I would love to push it over with a black Friday sale if possible, but I don't want to lose money on the deal either.

A lot of people have free shipping offers, and I had considered it also. But I also realized I'm not making any commission on the shipping. I thought I'd do free items instead (like rubs maybe).

Just some of my thoughts, I'm not being critical of anyone who choses to do these things, just not sure how I could make them work for me.

I think I will be doing one sale all day long. 10% off everything, free measuring spoons with $60 purchase, and free rub with a $100 purchase. I am think at $150 or more, I will add free shipping (even though I won't make commission), because I think it would be worth it to me to have the big sale.

When you recruit someone you receive an override (additional % of commission) on their commissionable sales and your own. You also receive $25 once they qualify.

I think what you're planning to do sounds great. I understand your concern about actually making money, and I agree. This is why I encourage everyone to sit down and figure out what will work best for them. I'm a Team Leader with over $15,000 in career sales, so my commission is high enough to be able to offer what I do and still make money on the show.

There are those who choose to forgo commission on this one show in order to reach the SAT level they want. You should always make sure, though, that you don't lose money on a sale.

magentablue said:
Looking at these threads and seeing people give more than 20% off (or even 20% off!) I have to wonder how anyone is making any money.

raebates said:
There are those who choose to forgo commission on this one show in order to reach the SAT level they want. You should always make sure, though, that you don't lose money on a sale.

That is why I'm offering 20% off. I'm just starting off and not making commission on those items does not affect me financially. I'm more concern about reaching my SAT goal and earning my PC dollars.

ditto to the person who just posted. sometimes losing commission for an sat level or pc$ is worth it. just never offer a deal where you`re losing more than your commission!

For those of you offering "free" product like a SB or other recipe card collection, do you have those as inventory? Thanks!

chefsolnick said:
For those of you offering "free" product like a SB or other recipe card collection, do you have those as inventory? Thanks!

Though this isn't part of my sale officially - my flyer says there will be surprises for guests all day long and I'll be putting SB on orders.
I'll be adding that to their order and paying it via Consultant Gift. Not stuff that's in stock. This way that extra $1 helps toward the actual show and it's shipped directly to the customer with their stuff.

Yeah, what Shelby said.

Also magentablue...you may want to offer the November host special to orders that are $150. When you contact them, you can tell them that whatever else they wish to add will be discounted 15%. If they can find a friend or two to add to their order, then she will qualify for X amount free.

Any order that is $150 qualifies as a show, so you are simply extending the host rewards to them and it costs you nothing. =)

Any orders that are near qualifying ($100 and up) should get a thank you call along with the suggestion of inviting friends and family to order, thus resulting in a show with host rewards.

That is unless you wish to enter as one big show and keep the rewards.

ChefNelson - I love your idea of FB teaser and RSVP. Any chance you'd share your words? Could I see your FB post?

Thanks in advance!

chefsolnick said:

I actually do have a ton of SB in inventory. I bought the Spring ones from the "While Supplies Last" section. I planned to use them as gifts to my hosts. But since I have so many, I decided to give those instead.

However, I am reconsidering that after reading the below response.

ShelbyMichalek said:
Though this isn't part of my sale officially - my flyer says there will be surprises for guests all day long and I'll be putting SB on orders.
I'll be adding that to their order and paying it via Consultant Gift. Not stuff that's in stock. This way that extra $1 helps toward the actual show and it's shipped directly to the customer with their stuff.

Here's what I used for my Facebook invite right now... so far 11 people have RSVPd and I don't know who 3 of them are (got a couple of messages from people who have referred folks). My plan is to update this listing with the specific sales on Monday and PM everyone who has RSVP'd "yes" or "Maybe". Unbelievable deals all day long via phone, e-mail or online order! There will be HOURLY SPECIALS, RANDOM FREEBIES, GIFT CERTIFICATES, and other SURPRISE BONUSES! Phone calls, e-mails, and online orders are time-stamped so that you can benefit from the specials whether you speak directly with me or not! (When ordering online, choose "Black Friday" as the show host or I will be unable to apply your discounts.)Sale details will be posted here and messaged to those who have RSVP'd "yes" on November 22 (and again Nov. 25). Feel free to invite a friend to the sale! In fact, when you refer 5 or more people to my Fabulous Friday sale, you will win a $40 gift certificate. Refer 10 or more and you'll receive a $75 gift certificate!!HOST A SHOW: Book a show in December and get 60% off TWO of 34 new products! We'll be in the Ogema area Black Friday - host a home cooking show that day and get an additional $20 in free product!

Thanks for sharing ChefNelson! Need to get on the ball and get ready for this sale, and your word choices will be most helpful! I appreciate it. :)

ChefNelson said:
Here's what I used for my Facebook invite right now... so far 11 people have RSVPd and I don't know who 3 of them are (got a couple of messages from people who have referred folks). My plan is to update this listing with the specific sales on Monday and PM everyone who has RSVP'd "yes" or "Maybe".

Unbelievable deals all day long via phone, e-mail or online order! There will be HOURLY SPECIALS, RANDOM FREEBIES, GIFT CERTIFICATES, and other SURPRISE BONUSES! Phone calls, e-mails, and online orders are time-stamped so that you can benefit from the specials whether you speak directly with me or not! (When ordering online, choose "Black Friday" as the show host or I will be unable to apply your discounts.)

Sale details will be posted here and messaged to those who have RSVP'd "yes" on November 22 (and again Nov. 25). Feel free to invite a friend to the sale! In fact, when you refer 5 or more people to my Fabulous Friday sale, you will win a $40 gift certificate. Refer 10 or more and you'll receive a $75 gift certificate!!

HOST A SHOW: Book a show in December and get 60% off TWO of 34 new products! We'll be in the Ogema area Black Friday - host a home cooking show that day and get an additional $20 in free product!

I was debating on sending out an event invite for my Black Friday sale but I love your wording and think I will do this. I was just worried about "bombarding" people!

ChefNelson said:
Here's what I used for my Facebook invite right now... so far 11 people have RSVPd and I don't know who 3 of them are (got a couple of messages from people who have referred folks). My plan is to update this listing with the specific sales on Monday and PM everyone who has RSVP'd "yes" or "Maybe".

Unbelievable deals all day long via phone, e-mail or online order! There will be HOURLY SPECIALS, RANDOM FREEBIES, GIFT CERTIFICATES, and other SURPRISE BONUSES! Phone calls, e-mails, and online orders are time-stamped so that you can benefit from the specials whether you speak directly with me or not! (When ordering online, choose "Black Friday" as the show host or I will be unable to apply your discounts.)

Sale details will be posted here and messaged to those who have RSVP'd "yes" on November 22 (and again Nov. 25). Feel free to invite a friend to the sale! In fact, when you refer 5 or more people to my Fabulous Friday sale, you will win a $40 gift certificate. Refer 10 or more and you'll receive a $75 gift certificate!!

HOST A SHOW: Book a show in December and get 60% off TWO of 34 new products! We'll be in the Ogema area Black Friday - host a home cooking show that day and get an additional $20 in free product!

Thanks for this! I'll be modifying it to fit my needs and using it on FB!

I love this forum! I have borrowed a couple of flyers for this, and loved then used the idea of putting together an event of facebook. Everyone on here is so full of wonderful ideas!! Thank you all.

So, here is the flyer I mashed together. Please give me your honest feedback. I'm planning on sending it out on Monday and again on Thursday.

Thanks so much!!!

Attachments

• Black Friday 2010.doc
    152.5 KB · Views: 562
Thanks!
I was asked to do a Black Friday booth and was wondering what to do.
I found the flyer here, and tweaked it for my event (it's 3-7).

Attachments

• Black Friday Flyer.pub
    70.5 KB · Views: 485
dme.grant said:
I love this forum! I have borrowed a couple of flyers for this, and loved then used the idea of putting together an event of facebook. Everyone on here is so full of wonderful ideas!! Thank you all.

So, here is the flyer I mashed together. Please give me your honest feedback. I'm planning on sending it out on Monday and again on Thursday.

Thanks so much!!!

My suggestion is to not do free shipping. I just learned this and wish I hadn't sent my flyers out already. You don't earn commission on shipping. So give them something that costs about that much, put it on their order, and pay as consultant gift. It looks good otherwise. :D

Does anyone use Mike's designs? I'm contemplating sending out his Black Friday design, but had a question. He shows how HO has gift sets, but says they aren't part of the Black Friday sale. Anyone know what the reasoning would be behind that? Couldn't people still order that, as long as it was going in as an individual order?ETA: and he says that the sets are at a discount, but I calculate it to being the full retail value, just bundled to make it an easy gift idea.

babywings76 said:
Does anyone use Mike's designs? I'm contemplating sending out his Black Friday design, but had a question. He shows how HO has gift sets, but says they aren't part of the Black Friday sale. Anyone know what the reasoning would be behind that? Couldn't people still order that, as long as it was going in as an individual order?

ETA: and he says that the sets are at a discount, but I calculate it to being the full retail value, just bundled to make it an easy gift idea.

Some of the gift sets are only available online individual ordering.

<h2>1. What are the Black Friday deals for Pampered Chef this year?</h2><p>This year, Pampered Chef is offering a variety of deals and discounts for Black Friday. These include special discounts on select products, limited edition items, and exclusive bundles. Stay tuned for more details on specific deals as Black Friday approaches!</p><h2>2. Will there be any Cyber Monday sales for Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef will also have deals for Cyber Monday. These may include discounts on popular products, free shipping offers, and special promotions. Keep an eye out for our Cyber Monday deals!</p><h2>3. Can I use gift certificates on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?</h2><p>While gift certificates are not typically eligible for use on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, some Pampered Chef consultants may offer special promotions or discounts for gift certificate purchases during these shopping holidays. Check with your consultant for more information.</p><h2>4. Will there be any exclusive offers for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?</h2><p>Yes, Pampered Chef may have exclusive offers or deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. These may include limited edition products, early access to sales, or special bundles. Make sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our email list to stay updated on exclusive offers!</p><h2>5. Can I stack discounts or promotions on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?</h2><p>Unfortunately, discounts and promotions cannot be stacked on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. However, our consultants may offer special deals or promotions that can be used in conjunction with the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales. Contact your consultant for more information.</p>

1. What are the Black Friday deals for Pampered Chef this year?

This year, Pampered Chef is offering a variety of deals and discounts for Black Friday. These include special discounts on select products, limited edition items, and exclusive bundles. Stay tuned for more details on specific deals as Black Friday approaches!

2. Will there be any Cyber Monday sales for Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef will also have deals for Cyber Monday. These may include discounts on popular products, free shipping offers, and special promotions. Keep an eye out for our Cyber Monday deals!

3. Can I use gift certificates on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

While gift certificates are not typically eligible for use on Black Friday or Cyber Monday, some Pampered Chef consultants may offer special promotions or discounts for gift certificate purchases during these shopping holidays. Check with your consultant for more information.

4. Will there be any exclusive offers for Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Yes, Pampered Chef may have exclusive offers or deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. These may include limited edition products, early access to sales, or special bundles. Make sure to follow us on social media and sign up for our email list to stay updated on exclusive offers!

5. Can I stack discounts or promotions on Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

Unfortunately, discounts and promotions cannot be stacked on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. However, our consultants may offer special deals or promotions that can be used in conjunction with the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • vmgcooks
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Kisha1210
Replies
Views
Wildfire