• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Schel's Success Story: Turning a Craft Fair Lead into a Cooking Show Host

In summary, Heather received a list of guests for her upcoming party from her future host. She is currently too busy to meet and reschedule, but is willing to send the list by email.
schel
Ok here goes...
I did a craft fair back in March, The American Deer Classic. A total guy themed thing, but they had a "Lady's" section and PC was there.
I recieved a lead and she marked no as not interested in anything other than purchasing products.

I do not throw those leads away... I call them all an tell them they won a FREE cooking show...

So this potential lead said "oh that sounds fun!" But, she was not ready to do a show right now and I had her on my call list in June then July and finally booked her in September.

I started doing the Julie Wietz thing with requesting my hosts to give me at least 15 guests and their mailing addresses so I can send out the invites. I also started meeting with them in person when able to get them the host packets.

This future host said she was way to busy to meet and asked if she could E-mail me her list. So I said sure, and that HO requires that I get her list before I list her show and send her the host packet. Now I know and you know HO does not require this, but who is HO? Me! I am an independent consultant for the PC and this is how I say it should work. Kind of like insurance for an upcoming show. Her list is my insurance. So anyways she sent me her list with this E-mail.

Hi Schel,
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. We have been out of
town and
then I hurt my back. I have been in and out of the clinic and
hospital.
It's been very painful so I haven't thought much about the party.
Anyway,
I'm attaching a guest list for September 18.
Heather

Now....
In your opinion, should I reply with

-Thank you for getting your list to me Heather, I am willing to help out in any way I can for your show. I think it will be a lot of fun.
or...
-Thank you for getting your list to me Heather, .....
should I offer to reschedule if now is not a good time for her or just say I am sorry that things have been difficult for you now, would you like to reschedule your show?

I am afraid if I give her that option she may cancel and not reschedule.

I don't know what to do...
Please help!
Need opinions!
Schel

Schel~

Answer back with option "A"...tell her you feel bad she has been going through what she has been and that you want to make her show as easy as possible. Offer to bring the ingredients (either as your gift or have her reimburse you) to make it even easier!

I agree with Kelly - I don't think she would have bothered with a list if she did want to cancel. I had a host who had to cancel in August due to an emergency appendectomy - I called her and told her I had heard about her surgery (through our mutual friend) and that I wanted her to get better and not think about her party - she said she would reschedule - and did for 3 weeks later in September. Hopefully she'll be able to take it easy and get better - that's still nearly a month away as well.

I agree. Do the show and make it easy for her. She wants to do it or she wouldn't have sent the list.

My host for Aug 12 had her baby 3 weeks early, but she was determined to have the show.
We closed it today at $864 with 7 bookings!!

Teresa Lynn said:
My host for Aug 12 had her baby 3 weeks early, but she was determined to have the show.
We closed it today at $864 with 7 bookings!!

Holy Moly!!! That's great! I'm sure seeing the baby was a motivating factor for the guests! :D

Thanks everyone.
I shall go with option A! :D

1. How did Schel turn a craft fair lead into a cooking show host?

Schel networked with the lead she met at the craft fair and invited them to her cooking shows. She also built a strong relationship with the lead by consistently following up and providing excellent customer service.

2. What strategies did Schel use to successfully transition from a craft fair vendor to a cooking show host?

Schel utilized social media to promote her cooking shows and reach a wider audience. She also offered special discounts and incentives to her craft fair leads to encourage them to attend her cooking shows.

3. How did Schel maintain a successful cooking show schedule?

Schel created a schedule and stuck to it consistently. She also made sure to follow up with her guests after each show to book future shows or orders.

4. What advice does Schel have for others looking to turn a craft fair lead into a cooking show host?

Schel recommends building strong relationships with leads and consistently following up. She also suggests utilizing social media and offering special incentives to encourage attendance and bookings.

5. What benefits did Schel see from turning a craft fair lead into a cooking show host?

Schel saw an increase in sales and bookings as well as a growing customer base. She also built a strong network of loyal customers who continue to support her business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • lauradahl