• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Success: 12" SS Skillet vs. 12" Exec?

In summary, the recipe calls for a stainless steel skillet but the picture on the recipe shows an SS skillet with the name "Exec". The recipe also calls for 10 cups of water but I have made it several times and used the amount of water recommended and it has always come out great. I have also tweaked the recipe by adding chopped onion and spices. I also have been using ground chuck. I have used the Exec. 12" skillet and use the 10" one to brown the ground chuck. I have also used this recipe with pork and it was delicious.
kam
Staff member
I was thinking about offereing this to one of my hosts...

I only have the 12" SS Skillet (I do not have the 12" Exec yet).

The recipe states: "...in (12 in/30 cm) Skillet..." It does not say SS or Exec. But the picture clearly shows the Exec.

Has anyone made this using the SS pan yet and are there any problems I should be looking for by using it instead of the Exec?

Thanks,
Kathleen

I don't have the executive or the PC SS. I have the Emeril SS and it worked just fine for me......

My family loved it!

I only have the Exec. which I will be using for this recipe. I'm making it next week at a show. I'll be practicing it later this week.

Please let me know if you have any tips for me. I think someone said don't use as much water as it called for.

It was fine on the water for me...

...just make sure you keep stirring when you can with this in a stainless pan or it will start to stick to the bottom...

Ok....I'll ask a dumb question....where are you getting this recipe from? It rings a bell but I can't put my hands on it.

Thanks!

nickywsn said:
Ok....I'll ask a dumb question....where are you getting this recipe from? It rings a bell but I can't put my hands on it.

Thanks!

29 Minutes To Dinner

Thanks! I should've known!

Maybe it needs more water in the SS then it does the Executive?

janetupnorth said:
It was fine on the water for me...

...just make sure you keep stirring when you can with this in a stainless pan or it will start to stick to the bottom...

I have made it several times & used the amount of water recommended.
Its a great recipe on its own. I tweaked it adding some chopped onion & spices. I also have been using ground chuck. I have used the Exec. 12" skillet
and use the 10" one to brown the ground chuck.

What is the difference between the 12" SS Skillet and the 12" Exec?

The main difference between the 12" SS Skillet and the 12" Exec is the material they are made of. The 12" SS Skillet is made of stainless steel, while the 12" Exec is made of a combination of stainless steel and aluminum for superior heat distribution.

Which skillet is better for cooking delicate foods?

The 12" SS Skillet is better for cooking delicate foods, such as fish or eggs, as the stainless steel material allows for more precise heat control and less sticking.

Can both skillets be used on all cooktop surfaces?

Yes, both the 12" SS Skillet and the 12" Exec can be used on all cooktop surfaces, including gas, electric, and induction.

Are these skillets dishwasher safe?

Both the 12" SS Skillet and the 12" Exec are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.

Do these skillets come with a warranty?

Yes, both the 12" SS Skillet and the 12" Exec come with a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring quality and durability for years to come.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • pjpamchef