• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake - 12"Skillet

In summary, the recipe for the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the 8" saute pan calls for the mix to be mixed according to the package directions, canned pineapple to be drained and reserved juice used in place of water, butter to be melted and brown sugar to be mixed together until sugar is melted, chopped nuts to be spread on top of the butter mixture, pineapple rings to be arranged around the bottom of the pan, and cake batter to be poured over top. The recipe was successful when made
bridgetbakes
Hiya folks. I have done this recipe in the small saute pan before but need to make it today in the Exec 12" skillet. I noticed the recipe here (listed under files section) calls for the skillet to be covered. If I don't have the cover, do you think this will still come out alright?:eek: Has anyone tried without?

Hi I NEVER use the cover and it turns out great. :D Hmmm, I wonder what difference the covering makes.:confused:

I made this cake in the 12" skillet this past Sunday at a show and did not cover it. Came out perfect and everyone raved about it! This is such an easy cake. I made the cake at the host's house before the guests arrived (it was baking when the guests arrived) and the host's 6 year old daughter helped me make it...it was so much fun...I can't wait to have a little chef of my own!

I've prepared the Jiffy cake mix in the 8" skillet without a cover, and a full cake mix version in the 12" family skillet without a cover. Both were very
successful, and huge success with the guests. Just know that the larger pan requires a double recipe of the ingredients of the 8" skillet, and because of the size, may require an extra 5 to 10 minutes baking time. Be sure that the center is firm and the cake is pulling away from the side of the pan.

I made it without the cover - no problem and everyone loved it (except me because it had no chocolate in it - LOL)

dannyzmom said:
I made it without the cover - no problem and everyone loved it (except me because it had no chocolate in it - LOL)

You know - that's my delimma.....I keep thinking it would be good for a show, but then I think....but how does it compare to the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake or The Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie? Chocolate always wins out for me!:p

Thanks everyone! I DID make it this afternoon without the cover and came put awesome.

It was a little tricky flipping it over however. I thought it would look nice on the Large square platter but I couldn't really figure out how to do the "flip" smoothly so I ended up flipping it onto my Large Round Stone...not as pretty as the platter but still workable!

bklofft said:
I ended up flipping it onto my Large Round Stone...not as pretty as the platter but still workable!

I use my large round stone also...not as pretty but by the time the guests see the cake they don't care about what its on they just want to get into it!!

I've made it once. It was for a party here at my house. I too had issues with flipping it out on the platter. It (the cake) broke....OH WELL! No one is perfect!

You can make Pineapple Upside Down with chocolate cake. There was a stovetop chocolate pineapple cake on the cover of Una Muestra a couple of years ago. It was delish!

Bridget, how do you make the cake in the saute pan? Do you have a recipe for it? Its the only piece of cookware that I have so that would be great!

I flip mine onto the largae round stone as well, but the large round stone is on the woven tray. Looks a little nicer =)

Now we'll have the large round Simple Additions platter to use!!!

RossDeb2 said:
Bridget, how do you make the cake in the saute pan? Do you have a recipe for it? Its the only piece of cookware that I have so that would be great!

Here you go!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake recipe in 8" saute pan:
1 (9 oz) box Jiffy yellow cake mix (mix according to package directions*)
1 small can sliced pineapple rings, reserve juice*
3T. butter
3T. brown sugar
Maraschino Cherries (optional)
Pecans, chopped (optional)

-Drain pineapples; reserve juice for cake.
-Combine cake mix ingredients using pineapple juice in place of water called for in recipe & then add enough water to make up what you need as recipe calls for, & then set batter aside.
-Melt butter & add brown sugar over med heat until sugar is melted. Remove from heat.
-Spread chopped nuts on top of butter mixture.
-Arrange pineapple rings all around the bottom of the pan. Place a cherry half in middle of pineapple rings.
-Pour cake batter over top of this mixture.
-Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes then flip cake over onto Platter.
May serve warm & top with Vanilla Ice Cream, using Ice Cream Dipper, or top with a Cool Whip rosette, using the EAD.

ENJOY!

I don't have the skillet so I haven't tried it in that but I have done a Pineapple Upside Down Cake in the fluted stone in the microwave.

It was a bit messy but I think because I left the pineapples in the juice instead of putting the juice in the cake mix.

Pineapple Upside Down Cake - 8" Saute panRossDeb2 -

Forgot to mention that this comes out much better if you use the pineapple juice from the can of pineapple in place of the water called for in the cake mix!

Good luck!

Any othee little cakes you can make with the 8 inch saute pan??

I'd love to know too :)
RossDeb2 said:

Same here :)

Liz

Related to Pineapple Upside Down Cake - 12"Skillet

What are the ingredients for Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

The ingredients for Pineapple Upside Down Cake made in a 12" skillet are 1/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 3 eggs.

How do I prepare the skillet for the cake?

Start by melting the butter in the 12" skillet over medium heat. Once melted, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter and stir until it is well combined. Arrange the pineapple slices in a single layer over the brown sugar mixture.

What is the baking time and temperature for the cake?

Bake the Pineapple Upside Down Cake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Can I use a different type of cake mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix such as white or butter cake mix. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box for the amount of water, oil, and eggs needed.

How do I serve the Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Let the cake cool for 5 minutes before inverting it onto a serving plate. Serve the cake warm or at room temperature, and top with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • AJPratt