• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Apple Upside Down Cake Recipe for Fall Cooking Shows

In summary, making an Apple Upside Down Cake with a cake mix is a simple process. First, preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a 9-inch cake pan. Arrange sliced apples on the bottom of the pan and pour the cake batter over them. Bake for 35-40 minutes and let the cake cool before flipping it onto a plate. Any type of apple can be used for this cake, with Granny Smith being a popular choice. To prevent the cake from sticking, properly prepare the pan and allow the cake to cool before removing it. The cake can also be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Other fruits, such as peaches or pineapple, can also be used
bridgetbakes
I would really like to do this recipe for the remainder of my September cooking shows. (I noticed the Apple UD Cake on one of the skillet recipe sheets in the ChefSuccess Files!) I think it would be great to show off the cookware and incorporate the whole seasonal apple thing!

However, never having done it before, does anyone know if it is necessary to have the skillet covered? I do not own the cover yet and am hoping that it would be ok without. :blushing:

Does anyone know? Has anyone tried this recipe?

My recipe doesn't call for the lid...I think you are fine!

Thanks Kelly!:D

1. How do I make an Apple Upside Down Cake with a cake mix?

Making an Apple Upside Down Cake with a cake mix is simple. Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and preparing a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray. In the pan, arrange sliced apples in a single layer on the bottom. In a separate bowl, mix together the cake mix according to package instructions. Pour the batter over the apples and bake for 35-40 minutes. Once done, let the cake cool for 10 minutes before flipping it onto a serving plate.

2. Can I use any type of apple for an Apple Upside Down Cake?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this cake. However, some apples work better than others. Granny Smith apples are a popular choice because they hold their shape well and have a tart flavor that balances out the sweetness of the cake. Other good options include Honeycrisp, Braeburn, or Pink Lady apples.

3. How do I prevent my Apple Upside Down Cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your cake from sticking to the pan, be sure to prepare the pan properly. You can either use cooking spray or butter and flour to coat the pan. Additionally, make sure to let the cake cool for 10 minutes before flipping it onto a plate. This allows the caramelized apples to set and makes it easier to remove the cake from the pan.

4. Can I make an Apple Upside Down Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make an Apple Upside Down Cake ahead of time. After baking, let the cake cool completely before covering it with plastic wrap or foil. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat the cake in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until warm.

5. Can I use a different type of fruit for an Upside Down Cake?

Yes, you can use a variety of fruits for an Upside Down Cake. Some popular options include peaches, pineapple, pears, and cherries. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as some fruits may require a longer or shorter baking time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
ChefJoyJ