• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Advice for Hwc Fundraiser Tomorrow

In summary, the speaker is having a fundraiser for a friend with breast cancer and has sent out emails and flyers to promote it. They have secured a free hall and are making various treats for the event. They are considering doing games with prizes like the show "Deal or No Deal" and are looking for feedback or other ideas for the event.
pamperedangel06
I have a (hopefully) large fundraiser tomorrow night for HWC. We were able to get a hall free of charge and emailed EVERYONE I could get my hands on a email address and asked all to foward. So I am praying for a large turn out. I even emailed local relators in hopes to get them to order for their busniess while helping fight cancer. My question is I'm going to make profiterol puffs,tuxedo brownies ,the ribbon cookies, and pink fudge (with the EAD) ..wanted to have a tasty snack for all....can these be done tonight and put in fridge or freeze? How have you guys down these in the past? Also any ideas on how the flow should go? It's really just come and go I'm not doing a demo,but I do plan on having stations for people to play with the products. I plan on doing a couple drawings for prizes...HMMM what else ? Should I play music? I would love any ideas or feedback. This will be my first fundraiser or big event so Im kind of nervous. It's for a dear friend who has breast cancer so I really want her to succeed.

This is my first fundraiser "Open House" that I'm having and I just sent out over 200 flyers in my development and the development behind me so I'm hoping for a huge turnout too. The only difference is I'm having this at my house...yikes I hope they all don't come at once. Anyway I was thinking of doing some games like something with the prize drawings that mimicked the show "deal or no deal" with different bags and they get to exchange the bags etc... I'm not going to put any real bad prizes something like...a season's best in one bag, a cake mix with recipe in another bag and one of my products I have in overstock like the jar opener or the bourbon vanilla.
What do you think? Any other ideas or should I just keep it low keyed and have everyone just mingle?

Dear fundraiser,First of all, I want to commend you for your efforts in organizing this fundraiser for HWC. It's amazing that you were able to secure a free venue and reach out to so many people through email. I'm sure your friend with breast cancer will be touched by your dedication to her cause.To answer your question, yes, profiterol puffs, tuxedo brownies, ribbon cookies, and pink fudge can definitely be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge or freezer. In fact, it's probably a good idea to make them ahead of time so you have less to worry about on the day of the event. Just make sure to properly wrap and label them to keep them fresh.As for the flow of the event, since it's a come and go event, I would suggest having designated stations for each type of treat and making it clear to guests that they are free to sample and enjoy them at their leisure. You could also have a donation box at each station to encourage contributions. It's also a great idea to have some music playing in the background to create a lively and welcoming atmosphere.For prizes, you could consider having a raffle or silent auction. You could also reach out to local businesses for donations or sponsorships. As for other ideas, you could have a photo booth with props related to breast cancer awareness, have a guest speaker share their experience with breast cancer, or have a craft station where guests can make their own pink ribbons.Overall, just remember to stay organized, have fun, and keep the focus on your friend and the cause you're supporting. I wish you all the best for a successful fundraiser!Best,

1. What are some easy and affordable recipes for a HWC fundraiser tomorrow?

One easy and affordable recipe is a classic pasta dish such as spaghetti and meatballs. You can also make a big batch of chili or soup, which can be easily served in individual cups for a fundraising event.

2. How can I incorporate healthy options into my recipe choices?

You can try making a vegetable stir-fry or a quinoa salad with fresh vegetables and a light dressing. Another idea is to offer a fruit platter or a yogurt parfait bar as a dessert option.

3. Can I make recipe substitutions for dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! You can easily swap out ingredients to accommodate dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta for a pasta dish or substitute tofu for meat in a stir-fry for vegetarians.

4. How can I make sure my recipes will appeal to a large group of people?

It's always a good idea to have a mix of options, including vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. You can also offer a variety of flavors, such as sweet and savory, to appeal to different taste preferences.

5. Can I prepare the recipes ahead of time for the fundraiser?

Yes, you can definitely prepare some of the recipes in advance to save time on the day of the fundraiser. Make sure to follow proper food safety guidelines and store the prepared dishes in the refrigerator until needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • lwetch
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jj16
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies