• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for a Garden? Tips and Tricks for Starting Your Own!

In summary, tonight we are grilling chicken and we are having it on a salad with potato, green beans, and boiled eggs maybe some beans. We are also having cheese raviolis, eggplant parm, baked pork chops, and roasted chicken. Tonight is also garlic and pepper day. Tomorrow we are having turkey burgers with some of our Garlic and Peppercorn Rub. We are also having salad - the norm with avodado, black beans, tomato and golden raisins.
rennea
Gold Member
Tonight I am grilling chicken and we are having it on a salad with potato, green beans, and boiled eggs maybe some beans. I going to gill some pita to go with it.

Really stupid hot here and I haven't been able to do any baking:thumbdown:

I'm not sure about tonight. Last night we had baked potatoes (from the garden) with salsa (homemade), sour cream & cheese. YUM!! :)

Tonight is pasta with cheesy garlic bread and maybe a salad if I have time.

I've been trying to decide between grilled tilapia, or grilled chicken.

I think I'll do the Tilapia, and do roasted sweet potatoes, and a tossed green salad with it.

There! That sounds good - now if I just stick to it!

Yesterday we had BLT's for lunch w/ fresh tomatoes from the garden, and then Touchdown Taco Dip w/ chips for dinner. I think I'll have the leftovers for lunch today.:D

Last night was burgers, grilled corn on the cob and mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, garlic, sour cream and cheddar mixed. (Mom doesn't like sweet potatoes so I had to show her how good they were - when not all mixed up with marshmellows and stuff like that).Tonight I'm probably grilling chicken for DH and mixing some into a batch of jerk chicken nachos for Mom to try (minus the pepper for her). I'm trying to expand her eating/cooking horizons...not easy to do at age 69, but she's trying! :)

We have 2 soccer games (Summer league is never ending!) so its out to dinner afterwards for us!

Now to plan the rest of the week!

PamperedDor said:
We have 2 soccer games (Summer league is never ending!) so its out to dinner afterwards for us!

Now to plan the rest of the week!

I always try to but change my mind so much:rolleyes:

Cheese raviolis tonight!

I think I may go ahead and try the Spinach Carbonara Pizza. My DH is not a big alfredo sauce person, but he usually tries anything once. ( I was thinking even of splitting the pizza in two and putting pizza sauce on the other half for him).

If we lose power it will be canned tuna, crackers and a bottle of water! Otherwise, I would love to eat a nice hot meal of any kind in an air-conditioned home.

DH is out of town so it is leftover night...no cooking for me until Thurs! YEAH!

Today is The Furry Guy's birthday, so I'm fixing Marinated Venison Steaks and Baked Sweet Potatoes. (The Furry Guy likes them plain, baked in the skin.)We did our celebrating yesterday by going to his favorite restaurant.

My step-daughter is in for the week, and we are having Chicken Fajitas in the DCB, with guac & salsa. Yummo !!!!

Eggplant parm (picked the eggplant from my garden) Yummo!

Baked pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn & maybe some bread.

I made something that went over the pork chops. It was tomatoes that I cooked down, put Italian Seasoning, salt & pepper, garlic & onion, then cooked it most of the afternoon. I put that over the pork chops & will cook them low & slow. :)

Wait - after reading that - I think I made Italian stewed tomatoes... I thought I was being creative!

crystalscookingnow said:
Baked pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn & maybe some bread.

I made something that went over the pork chops. It was tomatoes that I cooked down, put Italian Seasoning, salt & pepper, garlic & onion, then cooked it most of the afternoon. I put that over the pork chops & will cook them low & slow. :)

Wait - after reading that - I think I made Italian stewed tomatoes... I thought I was being creative!

That tickled my funny bone!

smiley_lol.gif

I made turkey burgers with some of our Garlic and Peppercorn Rub. My dh liked them, and my 11 yo ds didn't complain. Always a good sign. We had a side of tiny tator tots. I had salad - the norm with avodado, black beans, tomato and golden raisins.

I roasted a chicken with the Fluted Stone. No beer, so I used wine, freshed pressed garlic and crushed garlic, Fox Pointe seasoning (from Penzy's Spice), our salt and pepper. Served with steamed rice and brocolli & cheese.

The chicken was wonderful, so moist and well flavored (I used my new Pocket Thermometer to make sure it was cooked to perfection!), and with a little more of the Sea & Himalayan Salt added, it was absolutely delicious. The leftovers will be used in a pasta dish later in the week.

Now I'm off to start marinating the steak for tomorrow night.

You guys are making my mouth water! I just told DH yesterday that, though he may think I am NUTS, I want to start planting a garden in a few years. (Now, this coming from the girl who doesn't even weed her flowerbeds!) I swore growing up that I would NOT garden...but now as an adult I see the benefits of fresh produce!!

KellyTheChef said:
You guys are making my mouth water! I just told DH yesterday that, though he may think I am NUTS, I want to start planting a garden in a few years. (Now, this coming from the girl who doesn't even weed her flowerbeds!) I swore growing up that I would NOT garden...but now as an adult I see the benefits of fresh produce!!

It's like therapy for me. Nothing like fresh produce.

KellyTheChef said:

I want to make the raised beds for my garden...less bending and if you build them right and put the cloth in, less weeding!!!!

Related to Ready for a Garden? Tips and Tricks for Starting Your Own!

1. What are some quick and easy dinner recipes for busy weeknights?

Some popular options for quick and easy weeknight dinners are one-pan meals like sheet pan dinners or stir fry, slow cooker meals, and simple pasta dishes. You can also use pre-made mixes from Pampered Chef, such as our spice blends and sauces, to make meal prep even easier.

2. How can I make dinner more exciting and flavorful?

One way to make dinner more exciting is to try new recipes and cuisines. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to add more flavor to your dishes. Pampered Chef offers a variety of seasonings and rubs to help enhance the taste of your meals.

3. What are some healthy dinner options for those trying to eat clean?

Some healthy dinner options include grilled or baked lean protein, such as chicken or fish, paired with a side of roasted vegetables. You can also make salads with fresh greens, vegetables, and a lean protein for a light and nutritious meal. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of kitchen tools, such as our Veggie Spiralizer, to help you make healthier meals.

4. How can I involve my kids in making dinner?

One way to involve kids in making dinner is to have them help with simple tasks, such as measuring ingredients or stirring the pot. You can also have them choose a recipe or ingredient to incorporate into the meal. Pampered Chef has a Kids' Cooking Set that includes child-friendly tools to make cooking with kids even more fun.

5. What are some budget-friendly dinner options?

Some budget-friendly dinner options include using ingredients that are in season, buying in bulk, and meal planning to reduce waste. You can also make dishes with affordable ingredients, such as beans, rice, and pasta. Pampered Chef also offers budget-friendly recipes and meal plans to help you save money while still enjoying delicious meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedbybarbara