• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Help This Little Girl!!

In summary, Leslie's friend is trying to come up with recipes on her own, and her chef friends have been helpful. They came up with a recipe for grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Another recipe is bread pudding, which is similar to a dessert but does not include sugar. Another suggestion is a dipping sauce made of FF yogurt with a dash of honey mustard or alfredo sauce.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
K, my brain is fried right now so I am having trouble coming up with recipes on my own. Here is the back story, and in advance sorry for the long post. One of my really good friends has been married for a few short months, she now is a step mom, and has no children of her own(she is pretty young). So these girls have become the world to her. Her oldest step daughter has some kind of growth on her stomach and the drs. can't yet diagnois what it is. They have put her on a special diet until they can figure out the cause of it because they took a biopsy and it was benign. The diet is very restrictive and she is getting really tired of baked chicken, and hamburger helper(certain types). I was wondering if you all can help me figure out some recipes to help out...my friend is by no stretch of the imagination a cook(anything usually out of a box). I am going to list the things she is and is not allowed to have. I told my friend I would ask my wonderful "cheffers" if they could help out. I will be out of town til Monday, so that gives you all a few days to help me come up with some different things!! She is only 9 and is having a hard time not being able to eat like other kids.
TIA
Leslie

NOT ALLOWED:
Soups with a tomato base, fried meat fish or fowl, corned beef, hot dogs, bacon, sausage, cream cheese, swiss cheese, fried potatoes, seasoned rice and pasta(pasta roni?), tomatoes, tomato sauces, onion, pickles, relish, tartar sauce, salad dressings, all juices including apple, oranges, pineapples, limes, strawberries, and grapes, chocolate, sherbert, catsup, chili sauce, black pepper, chili powder, caffeine, cocoa, peppermint, vinegar, oils, no fast food, chicken nuggets or pizza, whole or chocolate milk
RECOMMENDED FOODS:
Salt, sugar, honey, jelly, syrup, cinnamon, paprika, sage, thyme, carob, Gatorade, koolaid, Skim milk, low fat yogurt, plain cake or cookies, custart, gelatin, low fat frozen yogurt, sugar free pudding(not choc.), white bread, graham crackers, plain dinner rolls, white potatoes, macaroni, noodles, rice, spaghetti (plain or with alfreado), sweet potatoes, vegetables other than restricted ones, most meats as long as it is grilled, baked or broiled, low fat cottage cheese, dried beans and peas, hard or soft cooked or scambled eggs.

Looking at those lists, a few things come to mind:
french toast (it's just aggs and white bread with syrup on top)
Turkey or Chicken broccoli ring (may need to take out swiss cheese)
Chicken Bistro Twist (OK - I can't remember the exact name, but it was like the Pepperoni Pizza Twist, but had chicken, mushrooms, bell pepper inside)
Brunch Braid
How about a savory bread pudding? Make it like a dessert one, but don't add sugar, and put in some cooked chicken or turkey and some seasonings and cheese.I hope your friend and her family figure out what is wrong and that it's curable .

Grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - my husband got me hooked on these.
perogies - potatoes in pasta, usually found in the frozen food isle of the grocery store. They come in several different kinds (i.e. cheddar flavored) and can be fixed lots of different ways.
quiche - just include eggs, ham, cheese... the basics

Hope these help a little. I hope everything works out for the girl. Thank goodness it was benign!

Egg Salad
Devilied Eggs
Mix plain yogurt w/some honey...slather that all over bonelss skinless ckn breasts & then roll them in breadcrumbs and bake...yummm
Bread pudding
Noodle Kugel (recipe attached - just leave out the apple juice, it's not necessary anyway)
Chicken Salad

Poor thing - I will keep thinking and see what else I can come up with , Please keep us posted!

Attachments

• Noodle Kugel.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 249
There is a recipe I use to sell the Grill Pan ( have not used it in awhile) But it sounds like it would be ok for the girl.

2 Lbs. boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs
1 bag of Lays BAKED potato chips

cut chicken into nugget sized pieces, smash up the bag of chips ( I start in the bag then put them in a baggie & use the meat tenderizer to smash them some more) whip up the egss, put the chicken in the eggs, then put in the crumbled up chips. Cook in the Grill pan for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees. out of the oven onto a plate. :D
I know this is only 1 idea, but I hope it helps....
Maybe for a dipping sauce, she could use some FF yogurt mixed with a dash of honey mustard or alfredo sauce etc.....

This recipe came from Kraft Foods, Spring 2005 Quarterly. I was on a sugar and wheat FREE program at the time, and it became my one and only dessert. I used it at almost every one of my first five PC parties, and everyone raved about it. It was so good, my teenaged grandson went for seconds, and my neighbor's daughter asked her Mom to get the recipe.
Strawberry Yogurt Pie (no crust)

1 - 32 oz. container Lo-Fat or NO-FAT Plain Yogurt
1 - .06 oz. box of Sugar Free Strawberry JELLO or Royal gelatin
NOTE: you can use two smaller boxes that are .03 oz. each,
and combine one of orange flavor and one of peach flavor
Use our Classic Batter Bowl, and stir the dry gelatin into the 32 oz. of
Yogurt. Microwave for 3 minutes at full power. Remove from microwave,
and restir to be sure all the color is evenly distributed. Pour into our pie
dish or into individual dessert glasses. Chill in refrigerator to firm up the
mixture. Use our Easy Accent Decorator to decorate with Sugar Free
Dessert topping, or simply decorate with slices of Strawberries or peaches, if you have used the orange/peach flavoring.

I was just thinking about the ingredients in our Profiterole Puffs. They all seem to be ones this little girl can have. If you use Sugar Free Vanilla pudding, which I have done all along, rather than the filling on our recipe card, it might work to give her a special pleasure, and it is simple enough to
let her help in making them.

Heather took my idea of grilled peanut butter and jelly. All of the other recipes sound good for her to eat. I hope they find out what is causing the lump on the little girl. 9 years old is a rough age for a little girl to not be just like the other girls. Keep us updated on the girl and my prayers are with her and the family.

Thank you all for the help. I will pass these to my friend along with your wellwishes and prayers.
Carolyn, in your Kugel recipe, do you have any idea of what to substitute for the apple juice? She is not allowed to have that or carbonated soda.

1. How can I help this little girl?

There are a few ways you can help this little girl. You can make a donation to her family or to a charity that is working to support her. You can also share her story on social media to raise awareness and possibly reach more people who may be willing to help.

2. What is the little girl's name?

The little girl's name is not disclosed for privacy reasons. However, you can refer to her as "the little girl in need" or "the little girl in the story".

3. Why is this little girl in need?

This little girl is facing a variety of challenges, which may include health issues, financial difficulties, or other personal struggles. The exact reason for her need may not be disclosed, but what's important is that we can come together to support her and her family.

4. How can I donate to help this little girl?

You can donate directly to the family if they have set up a fundraising page or donation account. You can also look for reputable charities or organizations that are working to support this little girl and make a donation through them.

5. What else can I do to help this little girl?

Aside from making a donation or sharing her story, you can also offer your time and skills to support this little girl and her family. This can include volunteering, providing resources or services, or simply offering words of encouragement and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • DessertDivaFL
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • Kitchen Diva