• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfect Beef Stew Recipe: Tips and Tricks from CS Friends

In summary, the beef stew recipe that Teresa offers includes flour-dusted roast meat, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, carrots, potatoes, celery, and peas or corn. Her recipe also calls for worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste. She recommends adding thyme to the mix, and crockpot or oven cooking.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I'm looking for a FAVORITE beef stew recipe of my friends from CS. I'm going to try Teresa's tomato macaroni this weekend and would really like to make a stew next week. I've tried two in the past and both were just 'okay'. I'd like it medium in consistency, not soupy, not like chili but want flavor! I've never had a GREAT homemade beef stew with nice dark gravy and great seasonings!

I know it's just stewing beef, carrots, potatoes, celery and spices but what spices? And how to not have it too runny? What seasonings? How long after cooking the meat do I add the veggies? I'm hoping to be able to assemble this at night and put in a crockpot, turn on low in the morning and have ready when we all get home. Or would the veggies be soggy then, or the meat not cooked?

HELP! I also need measurements because I'm a baker not a cook (can you tell? LOL) so measurements is the key! If it's a dash of this, dash of that I'm a mess (and so is the recipe!)

Anyone?

I have never used an actual recipe to make beef stew. I know that isn't going to help you, because you want exact measurements....but I am a dash of this, handful of that type of cook!

I will tell you some things that make mine flavorful though!

Onion - even if you don't eat them - have them in the mix of veggies. ( I don't like cooked celery, but I still add them - for the same reason. I also add button mushrooms)
A little worchestershire sauce for flavor
a little red wine
Salt & Pepper
A bay leaf while it's cooking.

Get a roast with lots of flavor and cut it into pieces yourself. I've never been happy with "stew meat" when I buy it that way. dust the pieces with flour and some S&P and brown them in a little oil. Then, add add your veggies, beef stock or broth, an other seasonings to taste. If you want a thick gravy, you will have to thicken it towards the end of cooking with a flour or cornstarch mixture.

So - if someone has a recipe - maybe you can just use some of these tips to help you make it!:D

(I always say the opposite, Jodi - I'm a cook not a baker!)

I have always used the McCormick's beef stew seasoning envelope to make my beef stew. It is about as close to homemade that I get. I think it has a great consistency too. I add the carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, and then frozen peas and corn.

McCormicks does have a crockpot version too, but I have not tried it yet.

i posted this l;ast eyar for the other TeresaTeresa's beef stew
3 pounds stew meat (I usually just use a roast cut up)Coat meat with flour seasoned with fresh pepper and seasoning salt
saute in a little oil, with 2 lg onions chunked and fresh crushed garlic.
Cook until it browns dump in 2 tsp worcestershire and 1 tablespoon kitchen bouquet Add 1 can beef broth & 1 can tomato paste
Stir in 3 28 oz cans of tomato sauce heat until bubbly.
Pour over carrot pieces and cubed potatoes.
Cook in a crockpot or oven
you can add frozen peas or mushrooms if your family likes it.Teresa

I also add thyme to my beef stew. (Basically in addition to what Becky said.)​

1. How do I make sure the beef in my stew is tender?

The key to tender beef in your stew is to choose the right cut of meat. Chuck roast is a popular choice for beef stew because it has a good amount of marbling and connective tissue, which breaks down during the long cooking process and results in tender beef. You can also try using a slow cooker or pressure cooker to ensure the beef becomes tender.

2. Can I substitute the beef with a different protein?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the beef with a different protein, such as chicken, pork, or even tofu. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the protein you choose. Also, make sure to adjust the seasoning and flavorings accordingly to complement the different protein.

3. Do I need to brown the beef before adding it to the stew?

Browning the beef before adding it to the stew is not necessary, but it can add a depth of flavor to the dish. If you have the time, we recommend browning the beef in a hot skillet with a little oil before adding it to the stew.

4. Can I freeze the beef stew?

Yes, beef stew is a great dish to freeze for later. Make sure to let the stew cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. It can last in the freezer for up to 3 months. When reheating, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then heat it on the stovetop or in the microwave.

5. What are some good side dishes to serve with beef stew?

Beef stew is a hearty and filling dish on its own, but you can pair it with some tasty sides to make a complete meal. Some popular options include crusty bread, mashed potatoes, rice, or a green salad. You can also add some extra vegetables, such as roasted carrots or steamed green beans, for added nutrition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cook4luv
Replies