• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Me Getting Host Specials :-)

In summary, you can buy the Santoku at 60% off if you are the host of the show. You will not get commission on the sale beyond the free and half price items, but you are eligible for any free product value as well.
brendaziz
Hi everyone!
So this month, I really wanna buy the knives- or at the very least, the Santoku for myself. I want it at the 60% off, but don't know if this is possible or how to do it??
Can I just put in a show w/ some outside orders and put myself in as the host and then I get the special? I've never put in an order w/ myself acting as host b4 and not sure how that works.
thanks!!!!

Yes, you can do exactly that. There is a consultant acting as host radio button in ppp. Just make sure that is selected. Also you are eligible for any free product value as well but not the booking benefit.

You also won't get commission on anything that's on the host order beyond the free and half price items. But if you're only shooting for the knives, that probably won't be a worry anyway.

I did this for my grand opening show, I got a LOT of free stuff this way to help build up my kit. It's a good thing to do each season change (this March!) to showcase new products by having a Season Showcase at your house and then use the free product to get some of the new stuff (unless you already got it in sell-a-thon) or get something else you've wanted.

I do a show in my name every other month or so. It is a great way to earn those free products instead of paying for them out of pocket. Another consultant suggested it me when I first started as a way to build up my kit.

Oh, and you can have those outside orders come to your house instead and whip them up something quick and easy and then you can count it as a cooking show!

I was told to put it under your husband, kids or pets name! :)

cookingwithdot said:

That's a good idea, because then you can earn commission on anything you as a host order.

cookingwithdot said:

It would be a good idea...if it just wasn't against PC's policy. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:

It is? I'd never heard that. I've never really thought about it because the only show I did myself was my grand opening show so I put it in under my own name. So then it's not allowed to do it under your husband's name?

Well my husband and daughter have had several "parties" for me! :) It was my Director's suggestion, so I assume she knows what she is doing ...

Well, my recruiter told me something when I started and she said to me. "As long as it's not blatantly against the rules, its YOUR business, do what you want with it!"

ShelbyMichalek said:
That's a good idea, because then you can earn commission on anything you as a host order.

ChefBeckyD said:

ShelbyMichalek said:
It is? I'd never heard that. I've never really thought about it because the only show I did myself was my grand opening show so I put it in under my own name. So then it's not allowed to do it under your husband's name?

cookingwithdot said:
Well my husband and daughter have had several "parties" for me! :) It was my Director's suggestion, so I assume she knows what she is doing ...

ShelbyMichalek said:
Well, my recruiter told me something when I started and she said to me. "As long as it's not blatantly against the rules, its YOUR business, do what you want with it!"

Saying that your director/recruiter told you that it was okay doesn't make it right - or true. It's our responsibility as consultants to read and know what the Policy Guide says. So, I guess you're right - you do have a choice. You can choose to operate your business with understanding, honesty, and ethics....or, not.

On CC - in the right hand corner, there is a box titled "Frequently Visited Links" The first line in that box is bolded "Consultant Policy Guide".

You don't even have to read the whole thing. Just read page 1 - the part on business ethics....and what is expected of us as PC consultants...and then skip to pages 7&8, and read about what is allowable for commissionable sales and points.

Thanks, Becky! :) I certainly don't want to go against the rules ... I just thought it was one of those flexible things ...

cookingwithdot said:
Thanks, Becky! :) I certainly don't want to go against the rules ... I just thought it was one of those flexible things ...

You're welcome. After I posted that, I realized it could come across as snarky, and that really wasn't how I meant it. It's just that a lot of time people think they are doing the right thing because someone else told them it's okay...and sometimes that's not true. AND I do know that claiming that someone else told you it's okay doesn't always keep you from the consequences if PC should find out!

Thanks for all the tips- and I was also told by my director (who was told by her director- who is a national exec director- in the catalog etc.) that doing shows under hubby's name was just fine. Didn't realize it was against policy. Huh

ChefBeckyD said:
Saying that your director/recruiter told you that it was okay doesn't make it right - or true. It's our responsibility as consultants to read and know what the Policy Guide says. So, I guess you're right - you do have a choice. You can choose to operate your business with understanding, honesty, and ethics....or, not.

On CC - in the right hand corner, there is a box titled "Frequently Visited Links" The first line in that box is bolded "Consultant Policy Guide".

You don't even have to read the whole thing. Just read page 1 - the part on business ethics....and what is expected of us as PC consultants...and then skip to pages 7&8, and read about what is allowable for commissionable sales and points.

Thanks! I have skimmed the guide over a few time but I guess I didn't catch that part! Thanks for letting me know for future references.

You don't get the booking benefit? Why not? If people book shows from your show why wouldn't we get the past hostess benefit at their show?!

That's just one of the rules.

bakerjen said:
You don't get the booking benefit? Why not? If people book shows from your show why wouldn't we get the past hostess benefit at their show?!

We don't get the booking benefit because it is our job to book shows. That is what we do as consultants, book shows.

bakerjen said:

The Consultant Policy Guide in on Consultant's Corner - top of the Frequently Visited Links box. I would refer you to there, instead of trying to find the answer here on a chat site. If you still have questions about it, you can always call the HO!;)

1. How do I become eligible for host specials?

To be eligible for host specials, you need to host a Pampered Chef party or cooking show with a minimum of $200 in sales. You can also combine orders from friends and family to reach the minimum sales requirement.

2. What are some examples of host specials?

Host specials vary depending on the month and promotions offered by Pampered Chef. Some examples include discounted products, free products, and special bundles. You can check our catalog or website for current host specials.

3. Can I still earn host specials if I host a virtual party?

Yes, you can still earn host specials if you host a virtual party. Our virtual party platform allows you to invite guests, share product information, and earn rewards, just like an in-person party.

4. How long do I have to redeem my host specials?

Host specials are typically redeemable for one month after your party date. However, some promotions may have a different redemption period, so be sure to check the details of the specific host specials you earned.

5. Can I combine host specials with other offers or discounts?

Unfortunately, host specials cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. They are already heavily discounted as a thank you for hosting a party. However, you can still use your host rewards to purchase additional products at a discounted price.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Yakmama
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • krahema
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • brendaziz