• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Knives ~ 60% and 20% and Host Discount?

In summary, the host benefits for August are as follows:*The host will receive two (2) knives at 60% off*The host can also take the 20% off guest special knives and use them as 1/2 price items*The host can also take the host % discount and free product value off of the knives to come to the same price as they are at 60% off.In summary, the host benefits for August are as follows:*The host will receive two (2) knives at 60% off*The host can also take the 20% off guest special knives and use them as 1/2 price items*The host can also take the host % discount and free product value off of the
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
I'm doing my first August show tonight (only my 4th show EVER) and I got a little stumped on something. I was going over what I was going to share about the host benefits by using the gal who is hosting tonight. So in my mind I was thinking specifically about the knives--how she would be getting 60% off two knives and that she could also take advantage of the 20% off guest special. But is it really just 20% off for her? Or, let's say she reaches $500 in sales then would it be 25% off of the 20% or would it just be 25% off the guest special knives? Someone more knowledgeable help me out! :eek:

She starts with the 20% off special price and then either takes the host % discount or free product value off...make sense?

Just be sure that you use the discount numbers, not the normal item numbers.

If the case of a $500 show, you would put in the knives at the 20% discount guest special number and then it would calculate an additional 25% off of that amount. Let's say it was a $10 knife - 20% off would make it $8.00 and 25% off of the that would be an additional $2 off so her total for that $10 knife would be $6.00. Does that make sense? The hosts for August are getting an awesome deal!

Gina M said:
If the case of a $500 show, you would put in the knives at the 20% discount guest special number and then it would calculate an additional 25% off of that amount. Let's say it was a $10 knife - 20% off would make it $8.00 and 25% off of the that would be an additional $2 off so her total for that $10 knife would be $6.00. Does that make sense? The hosts for August are getting an awesome deal!
It will only do the extra 25% after the $90 FPV has been selected....

pamperedlinda said:
It will only do the extra 25% after the $90 FPV has been selected....
This is good to keep in mind, thank you for sharing. I will be sure to explain it to my team!

Also, the discounted knives can be used as 1/2 price items too and when you do it that way they come to the same price as they are at 60% off! So I let people know that with a show like $500 they could get 4 knives at 60% off if done like this! But only if they use the 20% knives as their 1/2 price items! KWIM?! It's cool and I've done this alot when it's stones that are on sale at 20% off as the guest special! I had a 1200.00 show last September and she got 2 more stones at 60% by using 2 of her 1/2 price selections on 20% off stones and then used her other (2) 1/2 price items on the 1/2 price combinations sets!:thumbup: :D
Hope this makes sense!

Last edited:
:angel: Cathy- I never thought of that! What a smart cookie!

awww, shucks! :blushing: :blushing: Thanks!:)

Don't forget there is a third knive available at the 60% off. Petite paring or boning.

The host only gets two knives at 60% off, they just get the opportunity to get the Petite paring or boning knife for their selection.

WOW! Thanks for all of the helpful information!!!! :D

Does anyone have a grand total flyer for the full set when you host a show at the $500 level (like that of the stoneware flyer we had last year)? I'm really wanting to put one together for my midmonth email announcement? I thought I saw one floating around here yesterday but cannot find it now?

Now this is why I love reading tips on here! I would've never thought to use the 20%-off knives as a half-price items. I will definitely share this with my host tomorrow night. Thanks!

cookalison said:
Now this is why I love reading tips on here! I would've never thought to use the 20%-off knives as a half-price items. I will definitely share this with my host tomorrow night. Thanks!
Ditto! And my team!!!

Now I just need to find a few minutes to sit down and figure up how much the show would have to be for my host to win ALL of the knives. That would be so cool to share at the party and then to share how much she would have spent on the entire set had she not hosted and bought them in a regular month. :D

Well I did a psuedo show to see what the total for the 7 set knife piece woudl be and it was only $95.30ish plus tax for a $344 value set! That was using the 2 new knives as the host special and the 2 50% off on the most expensive ones and the rest with the FREE product. Hopefully this will appeal to some in my midmonth email.

heat123 said:
Well I did a psuedo show to see what the total for the 7 set knife piece woudl be and it was only $95.30ish plus tax for a $344 value set! That was using the 2 new knives as the host special and the 2 50% off on the most expensive ones and the rest with the FREE product. Hopefully this will appeal to some in my midmonth email.

WONDERFUL! Did you mean this was with a $500 show? WOW! :thumbup:

Oop, yes I forgot to add it was for a $500 show!

Related to Knives ~ 60% and 20% and Host Discount?

1. What is the 60% discount on knives for Pampered Chef consultants?

The 60% discount on knives is a special perk for Pampered Chef consultants. It allows them to purchase select knives at a significantly discounted price, making it easier for them to build their demonstration kit and showcase the high-quality products to their customers.

2. How do I qualify for the 20% discount on knives as a host?

To qualify for the 20% discount on knives as a host, you will need to host a Pampered Chef party and have a minimum of $200 in sales. The discount will be applied to your total purchase, including any knife sets or individual knives you choose to purchase.

3. Can I combine the 60% discount with the 20% host discount on knives?

No, the 60% discount for consultants and the 20% discount for hosts cannot be combined. However, as a host, you can still take advantage of the 60% discount on knives by using your host credits to purchase them at a discounted price.

4. Are all knives eligible for the 60% and 20% discounts?

No, not all knives are eligible for these discounts. The 60% discount only applies to select knives, which may vary depending on current promotions. The 20% host discount, on the other hand, can be applied to any knife set or individual knife, excluding clearance items.

5. Can I use my host discount on knives for my consultant starter kit?

No, the host discount on knives cannot be used towards the consultant starter kit. However, if you are a consultant, you can use your 60% discount to purchase knives for your demonstration kit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • hperschnick
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
hperschnick
  • MandyH