• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Snow Day: Overcoming Excuses to Make Important Calls

In summary, Leslie is having a tough day because she's been lazy and has a lot of work to do tomorrow. Katie is also having a tough day because she's been busy making calls.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, so tomorrow we are going to be officially snowed in. (Expecting 8-12 inches). I have it on my plan to get off my duff and make calls. I am constantly using excuses to not make them. I am not going to let myself do this tommorrow and have asked my DH to not let me off the hook.
Keep your fingers crossed for me. With all that has happened in the family over the last 4 months, my calls have really went on the back burner.

Can you make my calls too??:eek:

me too?? lol :) I made a few today but not enough.

krzymomof4 said:
Okay, so tomorrow we are going to be officially snowed in. (Expecting 8-12 inches). I have it on my plan to get off my duff and make calls. I am constantly using excuses to not make them. I am not going to let myself do this tommorrow and have asked my DH to not let me off the hook.
Keep your fingers crossed for me. With all that has happened in the family over the last 4 months, my calls have really went on the back burner.

I'm in southwest Cincinnati, so we are getting the same snow. How sad that I didn't think about everyone else being snowed in until I read your thread???? Wanna hold each other accountable for calls?

Sounds good Katie.

I just got the kiddos and DH outside to play in the snow, the cats are fed, I went to the bathroom and have a snack/drink beside me, so... I think I'm ready to finally sit down to make calls. How are you doing today, Leslie?

Great... just opened up P3 and not it wants to do an update which "should only take a minute"... whenever I actually NEED to get into the program, that "minute" always seems to take about 5. Ugh!

I've been lazy today. Haven't started yet. Been crocheting a scarf and lost track of time. Plus the boys are being really loud today and my house looks like a hurricane hit it.
Do those sound like excuses???

Sounds just like me on most days! Well, I got five calls done - one to my wedding shower host for Sunday, one to the bride for the shower on Sunday (who is a friend, so that call took much longer than I wanted, oh well) and I left two message for people who called ME this week and want to schedule shows.
Considering my desk is right by the back door and everytime one of the kids needed to go to the bathroom or blow their nose or something, I had to get up and help... I'm actually pleased with what I got done. Now to feed the bunch and get them down for naps so I can make more calls!

My kitchen is a mess too because I just cooked stuff for my "non-show!" Have to clean all those dishes to take to my show tomorrow. Let's pray that the plow comes down the street or I'll never get anywhere!

Just left six voice mail messages and talked to two people from my bridal fair. One is interested but not getting married until next year and is waiting for her mom to get home from a missionary assignment before doing much with the wedding. I promised to e-mail her ASAP and touch base again in the fall, since we'll have a new catalog come out then.

The other said, "I'm not interested." I can't believe someone who checked that many boxes could be so RUDE!

I hate it when people GIVE you their name/number and then are rude when you call them! I feel like asking why they filled out the paper if they didn't want to be contacted! I know, I know... it is usually just for the give-away or to see if they get something for free. But still, don't be rude when I call!

Yeah, she still has me scratching my head. She checked off numerous boxes saying she was interested in wedding registry, wedding showers, gift certificates. She is on my "master list" so I put a note on there so I won't call her again!

I also have had a few guests fill in they are interested in having a show even saying the month of Feb. After leaving a message and called her back she rudely implied I was hassling her. I very politely said I was following up on her indicating she was interested.
I am from Ontario very close to the Niagara Falls border and we have received about 40 cm. snow and expect 20-24 cm more that is over 2 feet. Made home made pizza tonight using 4 different stones. PC is the best.
Cathy

Well.. ..petty crud got in my way today. Again. I had a visitor today and I started to feel like you know what, so I just labeled some cattys etc. Will try to get in gear Mon (I don't do calls on Sun)

I do, because sometimes it's the only day I can do them.

I'll probably make just 1 or 2 more tonight. But yeah, you wouldn't believe the stupid stuff I've been dealing with. Printer cartridge ran out of black ink, Roomie filled it but didn't finish the job ... I ended up doing it and got black ink on my hands ... also had to do dishes by hand because some strange electrical thing is affecting just the plug where my dishwasher is. Oh, and shoveled a path to the mailbox for the postman. There's 2 feet of snow on my car and more coming!

I would make calls tomorrow, but I have a wedding shower to do! I'm actually scared almost as much as I was for my very first show. You see, this is my FIRST live show since November. I had too much personal *&%$# going on and wasn't able to even remotely focus on PC at the end of the year and then I had a sales waiver for January and Februay. On top of feeling VERY rusty on my show skills, this is for a very good friend, so I really want her to have great show sales! AAAAACK!!!!!

The only reason I don't make calls is because for some reason around here people get annoyed easier on Sundays when you call LOL.
I have really put my business on hold since Oct. I have been doing a few shows here and there, but just enough to stay active. I have been dealing with a lot just like you Katie. I can't seem to get myself back into working my business again on a regular basis. I can send emails like nobody's business, but I can't seem to do much else. I have seriously lost my motivation.

Related to Preparing for a Snow Day: Overcoming Excuses to Make Important Calls

What is "Cross Your Fingers"?

"Cross Your Fingers" is a versatile kitchen tool from Pampered Chef that allows you to easily shred, chop, and dice all sorts of ingredients with just a simple twist of your wrist.

How does "Cross Your Fingers" work?

The tool is designed with sharp blades that are positioned at different angles, allowing you to achieve different cuts depending on the direction of your twist. Simply place your desired ingredient in the container, close the lid, and twist the top to chop or shred.

What types of ingredients can I use with "Cross Your Fingers"?

"Cross Your Fingers" is suitable for a wide range of ingredients, including vegetables, fruits, herbs, nuts, and even cooked meats. It is especially great for making salads, salsas, and stir-fries.

Is "Cross Your Fingers" easy to clean?

Yes, cleaning "Cross Your Fingers" is a breeze. Simply disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water, or place them in the top rack of your dishwasher. The blades are also removable for thorough cleaning.

What are the dimensions of "Cross Your Fingers"?

The container of "Cross Your Fingers" has a diameter of 5 inches and a height of 3 inches, while the entire tool is 5 inches in height and 6 inches in width with the blades attached. It is compact and easy to store in your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • AnnaPChef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AnnaPChef
  • jwpamp