• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Meet Sales Goals - As a New Director, Need Gift Ideas Under $750

I
icerneaccorie
$750 not metI'm worried. This is the first time that I havent submitted over $1000 in monthy sales and the month I need it. I won't make it. I'm really freaked out.
It's my first month as a director and My cluster is doing fine and we should make $4000 by weds. I'm just not going to make it. I'm only about $75 away but i can't buy (very broke right know) anything to keep me up.
I"ll do some calls on Monday and keep my fingers crossed.
What will happen?:cry:

Don't worry. Nothing will happen. You have a honeymoon period of 3 months as a new director. Just get booking for May and beyond.

I had one month that I didn't make the $4000 in my time as director (well beyond the first 3 months) and I was SO worried. I did consider buying to cover it but in the end decided to weather it. Nothing happened. I had my sales back that next month and was back on track.

A lot of directors go into their last month and then pull through and do fine. Sometimes just having one such month is enough to light the fire.

PS: Isn't it $850?

bethcooks4u said:
PS: Isn't it $850?

No you need $750 in personal sales to get the commission overrides and $1250 to get the HO leads.

Send out an email offering 25% discount on any order $100 or more. I did that in October 28th and had 7 people take me up on it so that meant another $700 in orders! I made it with flying colors. Yeah i didn't make commission but I got the inentive trip points, overrides and HO leads.

If not mistaken, you do need to ensure you reach this for one of the extra current incentives for New Directors. I think reaching all requirements in your first three months of business will get you travel reimbursement (up to $250.00) for going to Chicago for New Director training!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

ChefLisa said:
If not mistaken, you do need to ensure you reach this for one of the extra current incentives for New Directors. I think reaching all requirements in your first three months of business will get you travel reimbursement (up to $250.00) for going to Chicago for New Director training!

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

That's true. You do lose that and there's that fast track program too. I lost out on that because I had to take time out to take care of my mother.

I thought I read somewhere that the Fast Track is no longer. Now that they have this New Director thing, they've omitted it. Am I wrong?

I'm 98% certain they said something at leadership about fast track being discontinued.

Learn something new every day.

I don't recall them saying anything but I wasn't at leadership. I have seen other things ended without notification so it's no surprise.

I'll be sending out an email and hope I'll get some orders.
I really like the HO leads and I'm just in a funk this month and I know I need to snap out of it but it just seems like one thing after another and I'm just not in a good place to want to sell,sell. AHHHGH I don't like being so upset.
I couldn't make the New Directors training any way so that fine if I' miss the benifits

I'm pretty sure Fast Track has been d/c'd as well, but there was no formal announcement.

kisrae said:
I'm just in a funk this month

I think this happens to all of us from time to time. I had a couple months shortly after my 90-day honeymoon period where I was struggling...and so was my business. What helped me get out of it was reading posts (past and current) by other, much more experienced directors, having down times too. This is a cyclical business, so peaks and valleys are normal. Stay focused on being steady...if you're in a valley, a peak is ahead of you. :)

legacypc46 said:
I think this happens to all of us from time to time. I had a couple months shortly after my 90-day honeymoon period where I was struggling...and so was my business. What helped me get out of it was reading posts (past and current) by other, much more experienced directors, having down times too. This is a cyclical business, so peaks and valleys are normal. Stay focused on being steady...if you're in a valley, a peak is ahead of you. :)

This is so true. Everyone of us has had plenty of time struggling. This March and April were the lowest for me (# of shows particularly) and a year ago January was really low for my team. And there were other months too...

Take heart! You can weather this and be stronger for it. When I am in a low period I tell my self "Well, I'll give it my all for 6 more months (or until the end of the year...)" and if I'm not supposed to continue I'll stop then.

I also pray. I ask that I be given the grace and foresight to know what path I need to take. You earned directorship. Give it your all and follow your path. You are in my prayers.

ChefLisa said:

Is this info somewhere? I'd love to be able to see it so I can pass it along to my future directors...

Here you go!

Attachments

• nda_08.pdf
    316.9 KB · Views: 221
  • nda_08.pdf
    316.9 KB · Views: 199
  • nda_08.pdf
    316.9 KB · Views: 198
The information about these awards is in the Feb. CN.

The Fast Track Program was discontinued. Jan 08 new directors were the last to participate.

The $250 reimbursement program for NDA is:

FD's who promote between Feb 1 - Oct 1, 2008 and in each of their first 3 months have at least $1250 personal sales, at least 5 active 1st line, and at least $4000 in cluster sales.

I'm also thinking that you want to be sure you have $1250 in sales for at least two of the next three months to qualify for the Director's Sample packet. You can probably not worry about April, but make sure you hit the mark in May and June to qualify.

Getting the Sample pack is a big incentive. I LOVE FREE STUFF!
Thanks you all.
I just had a good cry and got it out. Now I'll push forward.
Again, thank you for the support.
I'm going to read some old post.

You CAN DO IT! GET ON THE PHONE TONIGHT and offer something! It will come through but you have to tell people your goal or they won't help! Don't get discouraged, get working!!! Join Meg and I tonight!

kisrae said:
Getting the Sample pack is a big incentive. I LOVE FREE STUFF!
Thanks you all.
I just had a good cry and got it out. Now I'll push forward.
Again, thank you for the support.
I'm going to read some old post.

Kisrae, I am so proud of you! Shake it off and push forward!! I have been going through the same thing as you have been. And I am not a new director. What helps me is to look back at my business a year ago. I am pleasantly suprized that I have made more progress than I thought. Even as a new director.. you have made tremendous strides reaching this new level. Plus you now will have to think more like a leader which is what I struggle with from time to time. We have to remind ourselves that our business is like the weigh loss moto...yard by yard make is hard, inch by inch...it's a cinch!

I am starting to shake things off. Talking to my ED helped tremendously. I had lost my "mojo" and am now trying to get it back!!!:D Keep at it and keep coming back here for support!! You can do it!!!

And Beth...glad you didn't give this up!! You are know your stuff and you help us all out with your support. I know your customers and your team must benefit by this too!

Well you all..... My DH and I are putting up our house for sale. Yes...mortage payment was killing us and that was a huge stress that has been lifted. Now if we can just get it sold that would be great.
I did make my $750 by getting on the phone and reaching out. But I just missed $4000 in cluster sales by only $122. my consutlants computer crashed/or didn't have enough space to finish submitting her show, which was enough to set it over.
But thats Okay...I'll make it this month.
Thanks again

Don't let yourself feel down about this. The reason for the three month honeymoon is to allow you to grow into your directorship. Once you get the groove, you'll feel more on top of things!

Can anyone help?? My mother-in-law is handicapped and over 80. She sits in her chair drinking tea and "reading" (we wonder if she really is reading but that's a whole nother topic). That's it. No interests.

We have purchased things for her walls, table, to wear, blankets (not good now - she's in Houston), bookmarks, books, bible stuff, flowers...

I need suggestions for Mother's Day and for future giving. I am at a total loss. I want something she will use/like and am getting no help from her or those who live with her. I'm in NC so I can't SEE what she could use.

Why not find out what her favorite tea is and get her a bunch. She might really like that.

If you live near her, take her out to tea! I love going to tea! So fun, and yummy!
or take her to buy some new books
My mom is in her 60s and I try to give her (and me) memories rather than things for every holiday.A new pretty mug or cup or pitcher (if she drinks iced tea) for her tea
A new tea kettle
If she drinks bulk, a new little mesh thing to put the tea in (I'm sure it has a real name, but I don't know what it's called)
A digital frame that has a slide show on it with pics of the family, grandkids, etc. (just make sure you do everything with it before giving it so all she has to do is plug it in)

I like the digital slide show idea as long as there is someone there to help her use it. Where you are far away from her I am sure she would love to have photos at her finger tips and also to show off to the others! Might make tea time that much more enjoyable! I know how difficult it is to buy gifts like these but just remember that at her age she is probably quite content with what she has recieved in life. Its the little special thoughts that mean the most now...

Great suggestions above! Plus maybe some cookies- like shortbread etc. to go with any tea or accessories you get. Most older folks love sweets. Put everything together in a basket.

Ooh, another cute idea branching off of what travelgirl said would be to put everything in a giant tea cup! They have REALLY cute planters that look like teacups on saucers. I've seen them at Walmart and Michael's and I think a few other places. Afterward she could use it as a catchall or to keep her tea and honey, etc or as a planter if she is into gardening at all. Funny that I can never come up with anything cleaver for people I know!

She lives in Houston and I live in North Carolina or we would definitely be taking her out and a tea outing would have been perfect. But...

I have given her tea cups and tea lots of times, includig a giant tea cup planter. She only likes regular tea (like Lipton) and already has a set of favorite cups so those great ideas are already been there done that.

We also did the picture idea already - last Christmas...

Thanks for the ideas so far. Please keep them coming!

Does she listen to music? Maybe a nice CD? That is a tough one.

No. Doesn't listen to music or even watch TV. She is hard of hearing and does not do much but sit in her chair. My FIL and BIL do everything for her.

It REALLY IS HARD!

Beth Maybe I am just going out the easy way but maybe since she seems so had to shop for I would maybe just get a really pretty flower arrangemnt for her table that is by her chair. I dont know of any other ideas sorry. Still trying to decide what to get for my mom.

How about a gift in her name? http://www.treegivers.com
http://www.heifer.org/If she has had a passion in her life (animals, environment, children, et al) there are lots of other charities and gift giving in her name ideas that could be more tailored to her. So often we think of a gift of a thing... but perhaps she could appreciate a gift that gives more than a thing and really helps someone or something out in the world.

Photo calendar
Scented hand lotion

If she has a helper(s) How about a hummingbird feeder or bird feeder, viewable from her window? There are some feeders that attach to the window.

Beth did you ever figure out what to get your MIL?

Related to Struggling to Meet Sales Goals - As a New Director, Need Gift Ideas Under $750

1. How can I meet my sales goals as a new director?

As a new director, it is important to focus on building relationships with your customers and offering quality products. Utilize social media, host parties, and reach out to friends and family to increase sales. Additionally, consider offering special promotions or discounts to incentivize customers to make purchases.

2. What are some gift ideas under $750 for customers?

Some affordable gift ideas for customers could include kitchen tools, cookbooks, and gift sets. You can also offer personalized gift baskets or host a virtual party with discounted products for customers to choose from.

3. What happens if I don't meet my sales goal for the month?

If you don't meet your sales goal for the month, it's important not to panic. Use this as a learning opportunity to evaluate what strategies worked well and what can be improved upon. It's also important to communicate with your team and come up with a plan for the following month.

4. How can I increase sales when I am on a tight budget?

There are several low-cost ways to increase sales, such as utilizing social media, offering discounts or promotions, and hosting virtual parties. You can also reach out to potential customers through email or phone calls to showcase your products and offer personalized recommendations.

5. What should I do if I am struggling to meet my sales goals as a new director?

If you are struggling to meet your sales goals, it's important to stay positive and motivated. Reach out to your upline or fellow directors for support and advice. You can also set smaller, achievable goals and focus on building a strong customer base. Remember to stay consistent and persistent in your efforts to increase sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• magentablue
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Paige Dixon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • chefann