• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help, Need Ideas With Kit Supplies Only!

In summary, your director told your sister she would be lending her grill pan instead of your director lending you the items in your cooking kit. Your sister has the grill pan, no press, and you are unsure of what to do now. You can try out some of the recipes from the Season Best cookbook that use just kit products, or look through the recipe section on CC under the Season Best cookbook issues. You still have time to try out some that interest you.
sherri lynn
:grumpy: Hi. My first cooking show is Monday 10/4. I was going to borrow the items from my director for a Chicken your Way show and was going to microwave a lava cake in the DCB. I was going to borrow her grill pan and press, seasonings, and the DCB. (I am a new consultant and only have the items that came in the kit). She called THIS MORNING (Thursday) and said she had the dates mixed up and she would be unable to lend me these items. Please help. I really wanted to showcase the cookware, I have the small pan that came in my kit. I wanted to do the chocolate lava cake in the DCB since it is a host only item, and wanted more bookings from doing that. My sister has the grill pan, no press, and I'm unsure what in the world I'm going to do now. I have cried, my host (who is my daughter), wants to change the date, which I will not do, she's invited too many people. What are some good ideas that generate sales? I have made the mini carmel apple tartlets (not sure if this is the right name) in my mini muffin pan, but don't see a lot of sales with this. I am so bummed right now, as I had everything planned out, now it is a bust. Please give me some good ideas for making something that will generate some sales. I have faith that good ideas will flow. Thanks in advance. Bless you all.

Ask your director if she knows of anyone else who may have a grill pan! That's the first thing I would do.

I'm kind of embarrased to call my director back, I was crying and upset. She called after she e-mailed me to try to think of ideas but I was just so upset I told her I couldn't talk then. (I wasn't rude or hateful, just upset). I don't want her to think her new recruit falls apart at the drop of a hat, even though, evidently I do, lol.:blushing:

It's not as bad as you think- really :) Your kit came with three recipes that have been proven to be very effective with new consultants. I did the 3 cheese garden pizza for about the first six months of my business. It's really not about the recipe. Do your demo and point out the other items in the catalog. While talking about what your daughter can earn, mention the DCB. Tell how it has become the most popular item in the catalog because...
Tell how happy you are for your daughter because she can get this for free or half price by being a host. Ask who else could use a "magic pot" in their kitchen? Tell them you will be talking about ths opportunity with themas the evening goes on. Remind everyone at checkout.

As for cookware, you have your sauce pan. Listen to Lisa Amblo's class from conference ( online training center) she will help you with everything you need to know and how to apply it to your show.

Remember, this is supposed to be fun :D

Thanks loreo. I have listened to Lisa Amblo's class once, but will listen to it again, since she sells cookware like crazy and to my understanding does not demo it. Yes, this is fun, and I need to not take myself or this situation so seriously. These are good friends we are having over, so everything WILL work out, just need to be reminded sometimes. Thanks so much, I appreciate your response.

That stinks that you can't get to do what you were planning to do. :(I know it's really disappointing, but there are lots of great recipes that use just the kit products. For example, if you want to show off the cookware, you can make the garlic biscuit bites in the 8 in. skillet (you just use less biscuits because a whole can of grands won't fit--just make them one night and you'll see.) You can do one of the new consultant recipes or look through the recipe section on CC under the Season Best cookbook issues. The last 2 recipes in each section (appetizers, main dish & dessert) use only kit products. You still have time to try out some that interest you. There are some really good ones--don't worry or change the date.This "Chicken Your Way" was just introduced and believe me, there are TONS of consultants who don't have the grill pan and/or press and are still thriving in the business. ;) You'll be okay. Just have fun looking through the SB recipes and try some out. You'll do great!!

loreo said:
It's not as bad as you think- really :) Your kit came with three recipes that have been proven to be very effective with new consultants. I did the 3 cheese garden pizza for about the first six months of my business. It's really not about the recipe. Do your demo and point out the other items in the catalog. While talking about what your daughter can earn, mention the DCB. Tell how it has become the most popular item in the catalog because...
Tell how happy you are for your daughter because she can get this for free or half price by being a host. Ask who else could use a "magic pot" in their kitchen? Tell them you will be talking about ths opportunity with themas the evening goes on. Remind everyone at checkout.

As for cookware, you have your sauce pan. Listen to Lisa Amblo's class from conference ( online training center) she will help you with everything you need to know and how to apply it to your show.

Remember, this is supposed to be fun :D

As mentioned - the Three Cheese Garden Pizza is an amazing demo. It's the one I recommend for starting for all of my new consultants.

Maybe email her? I'm sure she understands... you were excited about your first show and thought you were ready to go and then this happened... but email might be easier and less emotional. :)

If you are stuck using only your own kit supplies, then I've had good luck with the Ham Calzone (I think that's what it's called). Or the last 2 recipes in each section of the Season's Best all are recipes that new consultants can make with their kits... so you might look through those. They're online if you don't have them.

Good luck to you! Don't let this bring you down. :)

Try making the mini garlic bites ahead of time (recipe is on a thread here somewhere) at the host's house - you can make it in the 8" saute pan, but if you don't have the other tools, you can do it while nobody is watching and do the 3 cheese garden pizza for the show. It's a quick and easy way to show off the cookware even if you only have that one piece. If you have it ready to come out of the oven when you're putting the pizza in, your guests can snack while you talk more. Just a thought.

The 3 cheese pizza uses the ultimate mandolin for cheese, onion, and tomatoes. I would say make your life (and demo) a little easier and use preshredded cheese or do it in advance and just use the UM for the onions and use the 5" utility knife (to demo another product) to slice tomatoes (or use the UM again).

Good luck!

Thanks for all the great ideas guys! I did e-mail my director and told her not to worry about it, that it would all work out, that all things happen for a reason! I really do appreciate your input. What a wonderful bunch of people...

I would def. go with the pizza. I usually find someone in the crowd "who always dreamed of being a teacher" and hand them the recipe to "keep us focused and on track".
It really isn't about the recipe.

While HO is promoting Chicken Your Way heavily it is far from the only thing you can do. As others have said, do the recipes that you have with your kit items. Don't apologize for not having certain products and don't worry about not being able to do certain recipes. Tell your guests you are new and can't wait until you EARN even more of the products. Show them the items that you do have and talk about other products while referencing the pictures in the catalog. With the cookware special, demo or even just show the pan you got in your kit and refer them to the cookware pages in the catalog. Tell them about the chicken your way recipes and other features and benefits.

No one talks about every product at every show and we all often miss one grouping or another at a show. No worries! They can see what's in there and if they ask you something you don't know it gives you a perfect reason to call them later.

I did the heck out of the Three cheese garden pizza and the fancy artichoke shells (forget the name). I would also suggest the garlic bites in your 8" skillet.

Sorry about the setback....I can totally understand being upset, but no worries. I will add my recommendation that you do the 3 cheese garden pizza! It's easy and surprisingly tasty! It'll demo all the kit items you have and help you and your guests become familiar with them.

It's nerve wracking to have your 1st show....fortunately, your daughter is the host so you can be a bit more relaxed. Remember, it's a cooking show...not anything life threatening...so have fun with it! You're about to LAUNCH YOUR new biz! Whoo Hoo!!
Also, know that things WILL go wrong and it's ok! Our recipes are pretty goof proof...if you roll with the mishaps, your guests will appreciate it and invite you to their home to party and have fun....aka bookings! :D

Lastly, talk about how awesome the Deep Covered Baker is and the cookware....you don't have to have it to highlight why they are so amazing. Also, I recommend the apple bites that were posted not too long ago. You'll be able to wow them with your 8" saute pan....more sales, more bookings!

Wishing an awesome and successful kick off! You can do it! Enjoy the adventure!

I just did the apple tartlettes at a party and sold $1100! People loved how cute and little they were, you could mention other delicious desserts you can do (like the ones you wanted to) and tell people if they book a party with you, you can do those at their parties.

You can always do this in your little pan.

Cut up an apple. then use the chopper to get it cut more, just not too fine. Still want it a little chunky. Put in the bottom of the pan with some melted butter, then sprinkle w/ some cinnamon and sugar.

Quarter a small can of biscuts and mush them down on top of the apples. Bake accoring to biscut directions or until they look done. Flip out on to a plate and pull apart and enjoy.

You can always do this w/ bananas or any other fruit. But guest will be amazed at the non stickiness and easy clean up.

And they're yummy.

ajhunt2 said:
You can always do this in your little pan.

Cut up an apple. then use the chopper to get it cut more, just not too fine. Still want it a little chunky. Put in the bottom of the pan with some melted butter, then sprinkle w/ some cinnamon and sugar.

Quarter a small can of biscuts and mush them down on top of the apples. Bake accoring to biscut directions or until they look done. Flip out on to a plate and pull apart and enjoy.

You can always do this w/ bananas or any other fruit. But guest will be amazed at the non stickiness and easy clean up.

And they're yummy.

This IS yummy. There are several versions of this out there. When I make it I toss the buscuit pieces in the melted butter mixture so the sweet butteryness is in every bite. I cook them at 350 for about 15 minutes. I like to know quantities so in case anyone else does:
1/4 cup butter (1 stick); 1/4 cup sugar; 1 apple; 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 can biscuits -each cut into quarters. If desired put some of our sprinkles in it - 2-3 Tbsp.

:love: Thanks so much to everyone who posted. I really do appreciate your input. My sister has the grill pan, so I'm going to go ahead and try to do the chicken breasts in it without the press, (since I don't have one yet), and the garlic biscuit bites. I appreciate so much everyone's support, it's great to be on a team of such thoughtful folks!!

Oops, almost forgot, I think I'll do the apple tartlets in the mini muffin pan too. It was super helpful for me to know that the season's best (I hope this is the right name, I'm a newbie) has recipies with just the new kit items!

Go over to the product tips forum ... there is a "recipes by product" file. There is a whole file on the mini skillet and what you can do.I'd demo the pizza in the bar pan and something sweet in the mini skillet as suggested. Some consultants are staying away from the DCB anyway because they feel guilty over demo-ing something everybody can't buy. I don't feel that way ... but I really don't feel the need to borrow tons of product for every show either. And not everybody has a big enough microwave for a DCB.Just explain that all the stoneware is microwaveable, but not every microwave is big enough!

sherri lynn said:
:love: Thanks so much to everyone who posted. I really do appreciate your input. My sister has the grill pan, so I'm going to go ahead and try to do the chicken breasts in it without the press, (since I don't have one yet), and the garlic biscuit bites. I appreciate so much everyone's support, it's great to be on a team of such thoughtful folks!!

One tip someone here shared with me when you don't have a grill press:
Preheat the pan 5 minutes, put in the chicken and cook 5 minutes, flip and cook 5 minutes, and then stick it in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes if it still needs more time.

Amanda,
Thanks for the tip, I'll do that!

Remember sometimes customers don't always buy what you demo. Sometimes they already have in mind what they're going to do. Sometimes what you demo does make them buy. You just never know. Make it simple and fun.

1. What are some creative ways to use the kit supplies?

There are many fun and unique ways to use the supplies in your Pampered Chef kit. For example, you can use the mini measuring cups as shot glasses or to hold small portions of ingredients while cooking. The mini serving spatula can be used as a spreader for sandwiches or as a frosting spreader for cupcakes. Get creative and think outside the box!

2. Can I use the kit supplies for baking?

Yes, the kit supplies are designed to be versatile and can be used for both cooking and baking. The silicone baking cups are perfect for making individual portions of muffins or cupcakes, and the measuring spoons can be used for precise measurements in baking recipes.

3. How can I keep my kit supplies organized?

We recommend using the provided storage container to keep your kit supplies organized and easily accessible. You can also use a kitchen drawer or cabinet to store the supplies, making sure to keep similar items together for easy use.

4. Are the kit supplies dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our kit supplies are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the knives and non-stick items to prolong their lifespan.

5. Can I purchase additional kit supplies?

Unfortunately, the kit supplies are only available as part of the kit and cannot be purchased individually. However, we do offer a variety of other kitchen tools and gadgets that can complement your kit supplies and expand your cooking capabilities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies