• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Motivating Myself While Running a Business

In summary, the person is feeling burnt out from working full-time and trying to balance their family and business. They are looking for advice on how to stay motivated and manage their time effectively. Suggestions include dedicating specific days for business tasks, involving family in the business, and taking breaks to focus on family time.
cookn' katie
I hope it doesn't sound like I whining, but I need motivation. I earned Disney last year and worked my butt off all fall and got very burned out! Then, I just started back full time and working 3 to 4
-10 hour days per week. I am trying to figure out how to get calls/bookings/office work/packets made up and still have a family and fun. I dropped back to a few shows a month, but find it harder to stay on track with fewer shows. But mentally and physically can't do much more. I am disappointed in my self and want to do more, but family time is very important to me. I leave at 6:45 in the morning and get home at 6:30 at night, by the time I make supper, do dishes, homework, baths and bedtime it is 9:00. Then wake up and do it all over again! Help! Anyone have advice or going thru the same thing as me. My biz just isn't motivating me anymore and in turn I'm not motivating those below me! I want to give up!

You sound like me. Can you dedicate 1 day a week to do calls? I know whenever I can do calls it is between 5-6 well people are eating dinner at that time. We eat a later dinner 7-7:30 when DH gets home. Get the kids ready for bed. Probably doesnt help you much sorry.

How old are your children? If they're elementary age you might think about taking an hour some evening to have kit-making time. Those who help get rewarded--you can pay them with cash, privileges, or whatever their most valued currency.

Or hire a baby sitter one night a week to dedicate to your business.

Hi Katie,

We all get in a funk and no you aren't whining. :D

Could you dedicate 1 of those days off, while the kids are at school to the biz? Maybe spend an hour or two sending emails and making packets. Another hour making calls? Then you don't have to worry about it cutting into family time. Could your husband do bedtime once a week to follow up on those pm calls?

Familytime is important so be sure you do schedule in days off from both your new job and PC and make it all about the family and fun. It sounds like you are probably discouraged because you feel pulled from what I should and what I could. If you can only do a few shows a month, give yourself permission to be ok with that. If you truly want more shows, maybe look for some express shows during the day so again it doesn't cut into your family time.

HTH

1. How can I stay motivated when running my own business?

Running a business requires a lot of self-motivation, but there are a few things you can do to stay on track. Set achievable goals for yourself and celebrate when you reach them. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can encourage you. Take breaks and reward yourself for your hard work. And most importantly, remember why you started your business in the first place and let that drive you.

2. What are some ways to overcome procrastination and stay motivated?

Procrastination can be a common hurdle for many business owners. To overcome it, break down your tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Set deadlines for each task and hold yourself accountable. Find an accountability partner or join a mastermind group to help keep you on track. And remember to take breaks and reward yourself for completing tasks.

3. How do I find inspiration when I'm feeling burnt out?

Burnout is a real issue for business owners, and it's important to find ways to recharge and stay inspired. Take breaks and schedule in downtime to relax and recharge. Seek out inspiration from other successful business owners or attend networking events to connect with like-minded individuals. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks and ask for help when needed.

4. What are some strategies for staying motivated during slow periods?

Slow periods in business can be discouraging, but they are also an opportunity to focus on other aspects of your business. Use this time to improve your marketing strategies, update your website, or work on new product ideas. Stay connected with your audience through social media and reach out to potential clients or partners. And remember that slow periods are temporary, so stay positive and keep pushing forward.

5. How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance while also running a business?

Finding a work-life balance can be challenging, but it's crucial for avoiding burnout and staying motivated. Set boundaries and stick to a schedule to allow time for both work and personal activities. Delegate tasks and ask for help when needed. Prioritize your tasks and focus on the most important ones first. And don't forget to take breaks and make time for self-care.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • pampered2007