• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Running Your Business Like a CEO: Tips & Strategies

In summary, Stephanie was sitting on the couch watching Desperate Housewives and thought to herself "I need to run my business like a CEO." She then realizes that this is an idea that her husband had recently given her a good reminder of. She goes on to say that this mentality helps her with consistency, strategy, leadership, and investing profits wisely. Stephanie hopes that this mindset will help her businesses turn around soon.
StephsKitchen
Ok, I was sitting on the couch, watching Desperate Housewives, and it occured to me... I need to run my business like a CEO. Yes, we are the CEO of our own business, and sometimes it takes a really strong person to get through the rough times!! Anyhow, what does it mean to run your business like a CEO? And being a Director, and the CEO.... what does that mean?

Anyhow, ask these questions to yourself, what does being a CEO mean to you? What actions would you take, or the lengths you would go to make your business run properly.

I said this out loud earlier, I need to run my business like I am the CEO, and it was so funny... my husband said, I am sorry, what did you say.. I was blinded by the light bulb going off above your head! And at first I actually thought he really meant the light from the ceiling fan. LOL!!

Anyhow, during the rough times, and good times... having our own business... really does mean running it like, and thinking like a CEO!!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

I know we sometimes take hearing no, not right now, etc personally. And for me, when someone postpones, it hurts my checkbook, which effects my bills -and effects me. I am hoping with this new thinking... that I can just continue to move forward and not take the no's so personally. With any sales business, whether you are an acct executive or what your title may be.... it means making more calls, more customer care, follow ups, etc. Which we don't like, but that is exactly what acct exec's do or have to do. So, time to start thinking differently. We have something awesome in the palm of our hands.... and sometimes we just have to work a little harder for it!

Please feel free to remind me of this thinking if I get off track again. And... I plan to make a posting in my office, and other rooms in BIG letters that reminds me of this!

I hope that this helps you guys! I wanted to post it right away!!!

Stephanie

I feel the same way: this is a business...though a more enjoyable one than most!

It is empowering to finally realize that it is a business. I think that is why sometimes we struggle. Steph, I think your revelation will totally change your business...Keep at it!

I tell people at my shows I've been in business 14 years, I love owning my own business but on shows nights my husband is the CEO........... he's the CARRY EVERYTHING OUTTER
it always makes them laugh and makes my intro to why I'm there easier

My goal is to be an Executive Director. So every day I sit at my desk and say to myself, "What would an ED be doing today?" It's a great reminder to get off my butt and work when I don't feel like it!!!!!

That is also another great way of thinking about it!! I am hoping things turn arround soon for our businesses. I am going to a women's business luncheon today.. I hope that also stirs up some business or referrals!

Stephanie

Thank you for the reminder that thinking of PC as a business, with each of us as CEO, helps us to be successful.

IMO, treating this as a business helps me with the following:
- Consistency
- Strategy (setting goals and working towards them)
- Leadership of ourselves, our hosts, and our recruits
- Investing profits wisely

One great thing about this business is that we have no one to answer to but ourselves - we drive our own destiny.

I think sometimes when things are going well, at least for me.. I begin to lose focus on things. It's a new week, and we are allowed to make new beginnings! Isn't that the cool thing!

Stephanie

Thanks Stephanie for the reminder.

StephsKitchen said:
Ok, I was sitting on the couch, watching Desperate Housewives, and it occured to me... I need to run my business like a CEO.

you are so right, but as I was watching Desperate Housewives, I was thinking what a pycho little brat that Kayla is.
Maybe I should be thinking more about my business and less about the lives of people on Wisteria Lane :) I need motivation quick because I am just ready to give up.

:sing: Now that is funny! We both had the same thought while doing the same thing! How ironic!!!

Yep, today I working differetnly. Maybe I have just scaled back to working on my business so much! I know since having this lap top I got for xmas from my hubby that I haven't been in my office as much as I use to be.

Work it like a CEO, or like an Exec Director would!!!

Steph

ps. here is to success!

Maybe she should have been sent to a pschyward and not to her grandparents!!! That poor little girl is not right!!! :(

DH got me a laptop for my b-day so I am never in my office anymore and I should be. I have 2 kids and I spend most of my time in the playroom with my laptop and on this website :) I am going to make some more calls today when my kids take a nap. I am so determined to be a success but am so frustrated with not getting any bookings. People tell me what a great party I do and how much fun I have, yet they don't want to have one. I am trying to be patient and hope things will pick up soon :) Good luck to you and cheers to us!!!

I agree. the child has problems!!! And sometimes we think that we have problems with our kids! What she has done makes my kids look like angels! LOL!!

Stephanie

Teresa Lynn said:
I tell people at my shows I've been in business 14 years, I love owning my own business but on shows nights my husband is the CEO........... he's the CARRY EVERYTHING OUTTER it always makes them laugh and makes my intro to why I'm there easier

This is too funny. The same title applies to my DH. :)

Steph,
Thanks for the revelation. I needed see this. I "feel" like I work my business all day, but like my husband said "a CEO doesn't count paper clips all day now do they?"
I then realized what I call "working my business" is actually petty crap like filing and making flyers and looking at stuff. Not actually doing what needs to be done to make my business a success.
Thanks for the kick in the pants:D

StephsKitchen said:
Ok, I was sitting on the couch, watching Desperate Housewives, and it occured to me... I need to run my business like a CEO. Yes, we are the CEO of our own business, and sometimes it takes a really strong person to get through the rough times!! Anyhow, what does it mean to run your business like a CEO? And being a Director, and the CEO.... what does that mean?

Anyhow, ask these questions to yourself, what does being a CEO mean to you? What actions would you take, or the lengths you would go to make your business run properly.

I said this out loud earlier, I need to run my business like I am the CEO, and it was so funny... my husband said, I am sorry, what did you say.. I was blinded by the light bulb going off above your head! And at first I actually thought he really meant the light from the ceiling fan. LOL!!

Anyhow, during the rough times, and good times... having our own business... really does mean running it like, and thinking like a CEO!!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!!

I know we sometimes take hearing no, not right now, etc personally. And for me, when someone postpones, it hurts my checkbook, which effects my bills -and effects me. I am hoping with this new thinking... that I can just continue to move forward and not take the no's so personally. With any sales business, whether you are an acct executive or what your title may be.... it means making more calls, more customer care, follow ups, etc. Which we don't like, but that is exactly what acct exec's do or have to do. So, time to start thinking differently. We have something awesome in the palm of our hands.... and sometimes we just have to work a little harder for it!

Please feel free to remind me of this thinking if I get off track again. And... I plan to make a posting in my office, and other rooms in BIG letters that reminds me of this!

I hope that this helps you guys! I wanted to post it right away!!!

Stephanie
Great revelation, Stephanie!
I recently had this revelation too! Sometimes it's hard but I just need to keep on keepin on!

What are some tips for effective time management as a CEO?

As a CEO, it is important to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities. Make a to-do list and set achievable goals for each day. Utilize time management tools and techniques, such as the Pomodoro Technique, to maximize productivity. Also, make sure to schedule breaks and maintain a healthy work-life balance.

How can I effectively communicate with my team as a CEO?

Communication is key in any business, and as a CEO, it is important to establish clear and open lines of communication with your team. Schedule regular team meetings and one-on-one check-ins to discuss progress, address any concerns, and gather feedback. Utilize different communication methods, such as email, phone, and in-person meetings, to ensure effective communication.

What are some strategies for managing finances as a CEO?

As a CEO, it is crucial to have a strong understanding of your company's finances. Develop a budget and regularly review and track expenses. Consider hiring a financial expert to assist with managing finances. It is also important to have a contingency plan in case of unexpected financial challenges.

How can I maintain a positive company culture as a CEO?

A positive company culture is essential for employee satisfaction and overall business success. As a CEO, lead by example and foster a culture of respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. Recognize and celebrate employee achievements and provide opportunities for growth and development. Regularly gather feedback from employees and make adjustments as needed to maintain a positive work environment.

What are some strategies for staying motivated and avoiding burnout as a CEO?

Being a CEO can be demanding and overwhelming at times, but it is important to prioritize self-care and avoid burnout. Set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and your team. Delegate tasks and seek support when needed. Take breaks and make time for activities outside of work. Remember to celebrate successes and recognize the value of your hard work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• poohritz
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
katylunsford
  • jengillette