• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pre-Ordering New Spring Products

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of doing a sneak peek of new products for February shows and how to handle pre-orders for these products. One suggestion is to use gift certificates for the pre-orders to count towards host benefits, but there are concerns about the cost and inconvenience for both the host and guests. Another suggestion is to have a separate March show for the new products, giving the host an extra month of host benefits and the opportunity to earn more free and discounted products. Overall, the conversation highlights the importance of keeping the host happy and satisfied.
ChefSteph06
For all of my Feb. shows I am planning on doing a sneak peek of the new products. Can guests pre-order something new & have it sent March 1st? I was thinking that in order for it to count towards the host benefits, put it in as a gift certificate. Then I would keep the gc until I can order the products on March 1 & have them direct shipped. Is this allowed?

I know I did something like this for my own sneak peak show that I was the host for. At the show I only sold current items from the catalog and then they could pre-order for the new stuff only. If they placed an order for both I gave them free shipping on the pre-order. I also put that in as a separate show but since I was the host it didn't matter.

I do like your idea of buying the gift certificates so the host gets credit. I'd like to hear if anyone else has done it this way. It may get tedious for you though since gift certificates can only be redeemed online and they would all have to be paying direct shipping on the new orders.

:rolleyes:

You would have to keep a list of what they want, then you can submit the order on March 1st for the new stuff not before March 1st.

Hay
That sounds like a good idea to use the gift GC for the host in Feb then when you put in the orders on March 1 you may have enough for yourself to get Free spring product for your self.

I thought that gift certificates could only be used on individual orders and not shows. If that is the case the February hostess would get the credit for the gift certificate but then you wouldn't be able to put those orders on a March show and get free products and the guests would pay more shipping when they redeemed them. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I love the idea.

I can see where generating your own gift certificates to support pre-Spring orders would help get you off to a good start in March...but why not just use the new products and their popularity as an incentive to book March shows? Our February hosts already have the great stoneware special to assist their sales.

I'm not a huge fan of PC Gift Certificates. The customer has to do everything through the HO. They must pay shipping for an individual order, so it costs more. It's a pain.

I don't offer pre-order. I let people know that those fabulous items are available March 1. If they want to be the first to order, they should have a show on March 1.

The way I have done it works in the hosts favor!I put would put in the February show with the current products.
Then I would make ABSOLUTELY SURE I REBOOKED MY HOST for a catty show in March before I close the February show. This way you are not messing around with the PC gift certificates. I gave a few of those away when they first came out. My people hated them becasue they cost to much out of pocket for them because of the S&H charges.
Put all the new S/S items ordered in "advance" on her March catty show.
This does two things for that host: 1) You extend her past host discount by another month and 2) you give her the chance to earn more free and discounted stuff. Credit should go where it is earned I think. If those products are sold in advance at her February show, she should get full credit for that in March. And I gotta tell you, I have NEVER had a host turn down that offer! It makes them feel like you did something special for them.
But it also works for YOU as well. Remember, a satisfied and happy host stays a host for a long, long, time!

pampered1224 said:
I put would put in the February show with the current products.
Then I would make ABSOLUTELY SURE I REBOOKED MY HOST for a catty show in March before I close the February show. This way you are not messing around with the PC gift certificates. I gave a few of those away when they first came out. My people hated them becasue they cost to much out of pocket for them because of the S&H charges.
This does two things for that host: 1) You extend her past host discount by another month and 2) you give her the chance to earn more free and discounted stuff. Credit should go where it is earned I think. If those products are sold in advance at her February show, she should get full credit for that in March. And I gotta tell you, I have NEVER had a host turn down that offer! It makes them feel like you did something special for them.
But it also works for YOU as well. Remember, a satisfied and happy host stays a host for a long, long, time!

I love this idea! I was mainly thinking gift certificates b/c I am doing a Stoneware/Spring Preview show for my SIL 4 hrs away so I wasn't planning on booking any shows while I was there. But the catty show is a great idea! Thanks!

pampered1224 said:

Excellent idea! Consider it borrowed (or stolen, or whatever :p ).

I love that idea!!!! I already passed it on to a past host who is wavering between Feb and March for a cooking show right now. She likes the stoneware special but also likes some of the new products that are coming out.

pampered1224 said:

I know I sound lame, but I don't get it. Can someone explain it it moron terms!!! Thanks!:):):):):)

I think what she is saying is she puts all of the current items on the hosts Feb. show and just puts the new items on a catty show for the same host in March. The host still gets credit for it, but no one has to buy a gift certificate.

how do you find out what the new items are? thanks

Wow -The new products are in the attachment. I am very surprised that you have not seen them!
And Rae, you can't steal what is given! So use it the idea and make that host very happy! And it is great for you as well! That's why this GUY - NOT "she" - put it out there!

Attachments

• Spring_07_New_Products_1_.pdf
    210.5 KB · Views: 272
pampered1224 said:
The new products are in the attachment. I am very surprised that you have not seen them!
And Rae, you can't steal what is given! So use it the idea and make that host very happy! And it is great for you as well! That's why this GUY - NOT "she" - put it out there!

thanks for the great work; but?!?
I can't change the contact info. Can you change this into a word doc?:D
p l e a s e ???

OOpsI thought I grabed the wrong one! Sorry!

Attachments

• Spring_07_New_Products_1_.doc
    163.5 KB · Views: 252
I like your idea John! Maybe when I check guests out at my Feb shows, I will give them a spring mini catty and let them know if they call me to place an order by March 1, I'll offer them direct shipping at the $4 rate.

That way, if it's not enough to put in for a second show for the host, I can submit them as individuals and it's all good.

As a side note, I plan to have a fall closeout/spring preview open house the last weekend of Feb and offer ordering out of either. I'll just be upfront that the other orders won't be placed until March. I like the idea of covering their shipping if they order from both. I was thinking of giving a 10% coupon off their next order. I suppose I could apply it to their "next" order that day!

mom2leelee said:
I think what she is saying is she puts all of the current items on the hosts Feb. show and just puts the new items on a catty show for the same host in March. The host still gets credit for it, but no one has to buy a gift certificate.

Sorry, guess I need to read more closely next time, I just ASSumed that the post was made by a woman. :eek:

pampered1224 said:

Thanks so much, John. You are very generous. One of the signs of a true man.:)

John you rock! I am coming into PC at the change over and I was not sure if we did previews, but this is perfect. Many thanks!

It is a great way to kill two birds with one stone...Previewing with sales and keeping a host happy!
And as far as sharing goes, I though that was what this site was all about! If we can't help each other and share, then why bother?
I look at it this way, I get to preview the new products to peak interest in hosting, sell new products, because once you have shown them, you gotta be able to sell them, give the host what she wants and if the combined total of the two shows changes the number of half price items, I certanly can afford to pay for one. You know, two shows each with a 1 half pricer item but combined it would have been three. No sweat. And don't tell me that you could not easily sell enough new stuff to make a show! I would bet my house on it being a good second show for the host. It is almost like when we had the overlaps. It gives everybody the best of both seasons!

**Added bonus to the host - they will get the March host special as well, just by hosting one show in February!

I'm excited about doing this at all of my February shows! But what do we do if the advance orders don't equal up to $150? Any suggestions?

What new products are available for pre-order this spring?

We have a variety of new products available for pre-order this spring, including our new Quick Cooker, Rockcrok Everyday Pan, and Springform Cake Pan. There are also many new kitchen tools and gadgets to make cooking and baking easier and more fun!

When can I expect my pre-ordered products to arrive?

Pre-ordered products will begin shipping in early spring. The exact shipping dates may vary depending on the product, but we will keep you updated on the status of your order and expected delivery date.

Can I change or cancel my pre-order?

If you need to make any changes or cancel your pre-order, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate any changes, but keep in mind that some products may already be in the shipping process.

Is there a limit to how many products I can pre-order?

No, there is no limit to the number of products you can pre-order. However, keep in mind that some products may have limited quantities and may sell out quickly, so we recommend placing your order as soon as possible to ensure availability.

Do I have to pay for my pre-order upfront?

Yes, pre-orders must be paid for in full at the time of purchase. This ensures that your products will be reserved for you and you will receive them as soon as they become available. We accept all major credit cards and PayPal as forms of payment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • dkitten13
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kisrae