• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking: Easy & Delicious Recipes to Try!

It totally depends on your family and the size of the onions. If the onions are 3" or larger then I only use 2. If the onions are smallish I do 3. I would say 3 cups of chopped is a better measurement. I chop them pretty tiny in the chopper for most people since they say they do not like onions. Once they are cooked down they blend righ in.
stefani2
IYO, what are the best Power Cooking recipes? I remember some people NOT being a fan of some of them............

stefani2 said:
IYO, what are the best Power Cooking recipes? I remember some people NOT being a fan of some of them............

I love the sloppy joes and make them all the time. I'm also a fan of the italian beef hoagies. Those are all I've tasted, though.

leftymac said:
I love the sloppy joes and make them all the time. I'm also a fan of the italian beef hoagies. Those are all I've tasted, though.

Those are the ones I make too - along with the Stroganoff. That's my 3 for the 3 lbs. Haven't had a host take me up on the Power Cooking show - but I make this all the time at home.

I am not a Sloppy Joe fan, but DH is - so when I make the recipe for the sloppy joes, I pack them in even smaller portions in the freezer so they make many meals for DH. When I am not home and he has to make his own dinner, he grabs this as an easy supper!

kam said:
Those are the ones I make too - along with the Stroganoff. That's my 3 for the 3 lbs. Haven't had a host take me up on the Power Cooking show - but I make this all the time at home.

I am not a Sloppy Joe fan, but DH is - so when I make the recipe for the sloppy joes, I pack them in even smaller portions in the freezer so they make many meals for DH. When I am not home and he has to make his own dinner, he grabs this as an easy supper!

I've only had one power cooking show, and the people there didn't care too much about the recipes.

We eat all but the stroganof all the time. I have not had 1 person complain about disliking any of the recipes.

is 3 onions too many?

stefani2 said:
is 3 onions too many?

Way too many! I use only 1 1/2...

In my house we like the Italian Hoagies the BEST! The stroganoff is good too, I make my own taco recipe that is better than the PC one and haven't tried the chili yet. We didn't care for the Sloppy Joes but that recipe is cheaper and better than canned. When I have done this at shows, making the Taco recipe for everyone to eat is easiest and has lots of interaction, then we freeze whatever the host wants for the other 2.

I make the Sloppy Joes up by the panful - everyone who has a baby, goes into the hospital, does something nice for me gets Sloppy Joes for their meal. LOL.

Love 'em. My hubby likes Sloppy Joe nachos out of them...

When I do a power cooking show we actually make all five recipes. I love all the recipes though I usually use ground turkey instead of the ground beef.

akggirl said:
Way too many! I use only 1 1/2...

It totally depends on your family and the size of the onions. If the onions are 3" or larger then I only use 2. If the onions are smallish I do 3. I would say 3 cups of chopped is a better measurement. I chop them pretty tiny in the chopper for most people since they say they do not like onions. Once they are cooked down they blend righ in.

Ground turkey is a good option too and here it is cheaper than GB. I do a mix since I do not always like the smell of the turkey.

Also if I am using fattier GB I will use 4 lbs of meat. Either 1/2 turkey 1/2 gb or a 3-1 ratio. Still split it up into 3 meals. I have found there is enough seasoning/flavors in the main recipes to support the extra meat.

For my hosts that have larger families I tell them to cook 4lbs of meat. We will do 2 recipes just double the ingredients.

Last edited:
I love the power cooking shows and can't wait for the new recipes they said would be coming out approximately in October sometime. I have done quite a few power cooking shows and love all of the recipes except I find the Beef Stroganoff a bit bland but still ok.

is it best to have a 12" skillet for your demo at a show or can I use my 10" skillet?

Use the 12. The 10 inch is wonderful, but too small unless you do it in batches-- 1 lb at a time. eek. Power cooking is one of my most popular shows. When I do the stroganoff, I season the pasta pretty well and am sure to use the fresh parsley. This would be a great way to show off the new griders, especially if you use the peppercorn trio. Just a thought. Check the other threads listed below this one for more ideas.

1. What is "Power Cooking"?

"Power Cooking" is a cooking technique that involves using high heat and minimal preparation time to quickly cook meals. It's perfect for busy individuals who want to enjoy delicious and healthy meals without spending too much time in the kitchen.

2. Can I use any type of cookware for power cooking?

Yes, you can use any type of cookware for power cooking. However, we recommend using non-stick cookware for easier clean-up and to prevent food from sticking to the pan.

3. Are there specific ingredients that work best for power cooking?

There are no specific ingredients that work best for power cooking. You can use a variety of meats, vegetables, and grains to create delicious and healthy dishes. Just make sure to cut them into smaller pieces to ensure even cooking.

4. How long does it take to power cook a meal?

The cooking time for power cooking varies depending on the ingredients and the heat level used. However, most meals can be cooked in under 30 minutes.

5. Can I use power cooking for meal prep?

Absolutely! Power cooking is a great technique for meal prep as it allows you to quickly cook multiple dishes at once. Just store the cooked meals in the fridge or freezer for later consumption.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKelebel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • jillchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bridgetbakes