1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipes made in Rockcrok instead of slow cooker/crockpot

Tags:
  1. JessicaS

JessicaS Gold Member

I've just ordered a Rockcrok and can't wait to get it.

For those that have one already, have you found you've been able to make recipes that are usually made in a crockpot/slowcooker in the Rockcrok instead? I'm hoping to be able to make some of my favorite crockpot recipes in the Rockcrok but I wonder how long I should cook them and at what temperature. For example, if a recipe I currently make in my crockpot on low for 8-10 hours, how long would I cook it in the Rockcrok and at what heat level??

Has anyone tried converting crockpot recipes?

Nov 10, 2013
  2. Roadtripray

Roadtripray Member Silver Member

I have the RockCrok Dutch Oven. I haven't used any crockpot-specific recipes, but I did follow the recipe for chuck roast and vegetables that was on the decal on the package the roast came in from the supermarket. That recipe called for a dutch oven, so it was a pretty simple conversion -- actually no conversion at all.

For a crockpot conversion I would think you could either do it on the stove top or in the oven. I haven't done any, yet but I am thinking the oven would perhaps be a little better since you can set the temperature low and not have to watch it as closely. I googled it and several sources seem to agree that the typical crockpot slow cooker heats to about 200 degrees on low and 300 on high. I think you would probably be successful at setting your oven at 200 degrees for a slow cooker recipe.

Nov 24, 2013
  3. JessicaS

JessicaS Gold Member

Thanks so much Ray!!!

Nov 24, 2013
Have something to add?