• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes Made in Rockcrok Instead of Slow Cooker/Crockpot

In summary, the Rockcrok is a versatile cookware made of a unique material that allows for even, efficient heat distribution, resulting in faster cooking times compared to a slow cooker. It can be used on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill. You can use any slow cooker recipe in the Rockcrok, but the cooking time may need to be reduced. It is not recommended to cook frozen food in the Rockcrok, and it is best to hand wash the cookware for longer-lasting durability.
JessicaS
Gold Member
I've just ordered a Rockcrok and can't wait to get it.

For those that have one already, have you found you've been able to make recipes that are usually made in a crockpot/slowcooker in the Rockcrok instead? I'm hoping to be able to make some of my favorite crockpot recipes in the Rockcrok but I wonder how long I should cook them and at what temperature. For example, if a recipe I currently make in my crockpot on low for 8-10 hours, how long would I cook it in the Rockcrok and at what heat level??

Has anyone tried converting crockpot recipes?

I have the RockCrok Dutch Oven. I haven't used any crockpot-specific recipes, but I did follow the recipe for chuck roast and vegetables that was on the decal on the package the roast came in from the supermarket. That recipe called for a dutch oven, so it was a pretty simple conversion -- actually no conversion at all.For a crockpot conversion I would think you could either do it on the stove top or in the oven. I haven't done any, yet but I am thinking the oven would perhaps be a little better since you can set the temperature low and not have to watch it as closely. I googled it and several sources seem to agree that the typical crockpot slow cooker heats to about 200 degrees on low and 300 on high. I think you would probably be successful at setting your oven at 200 degrees for a slow cooker recipe.

Thanks so much Ray!!!

What is the benefit of using a Rockcrok instead of a slow cooker or crockpot?

The Rockcrok is made of a unique material that allows for even, efficient heat distribution, resulting in faster cooking times compared to a slow cooker. It also has a versatile design that can be used on the stove, in the oven, or even on the grill.

Can I use any slow cooker recipe in the Rockcrok?

Yes, you can use any slow cooker recipe in the Rockcrok. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may be reduced due to the Rockcrok's efficient heat distribution. It is always best to check the food for doneness before the recommended cooking time is up.

How do I convert cooking times from a slow cooker recipe to using the Rockcrok?

As a general rule, you can reduce the cooking time by about a third when using the Rockcrok instead of a slow cooker. For example, if a recipe calls for 8 hours on low in a slow cooker, you can cook it for about 5-6 hours in the Rockcrok.

Can I use the Rockcrok to cook frozen food?

No, it is not recommended to use the Rockcrok to cook frozen food. It is best to thaw the food before cooking it in the Rockcrok for even cooking and to avoid damaging the cookware.

Is the Rockcrok dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Rockcrok is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash the cookware for longer-lasting durability. Avoid using harsh cleaning agents or abrasive sponges on the Rockcrok, as they may scratch the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefgoesPamperedChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates