1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Recipes made in Rockcrok instead of slow cooker/crockpot

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by JessicaS, Nov 10, 2013.

Tags:
  1. JessicaS

JessicaS Gold Member

I've just ordered a Rockcrok and can't wait to get it.

For those that have one already, have you found you've been able to make recipes that are usually made in a crockpot/slowcooker in the Rockcrok instead? I'm hoping to be able to make some of my favorite crockpot recipes in the Rockcrok but I wonder how long I should cook them and at what temperature. For example, if a recipe I currently make in my crockpot on low for 8-10 hours, how long would I cook it in the Rockcrok and at what heat level??

Has anyone tried converting crockpot recipes?

Nov 10, 2013
  2. Roadtripray

Roadtripray Member Silver Member

I have the RockCrok Dutch Oven. I haven't used any crockpot-specific recipes, but I did follow the recipe for chuck roast and vegetables that was on the decal on the package the roast came in from the supermarket. That recipe called for a dutch oven, so it was a pretty simple conversion -- actually no conversion at all.

For a crockpot conversion I would think you could either do it on the stove top or in the oven. I haven't done any, yet but I am thinking the oven would perhaps be a little better since you can set the temperature low and not have to watch it as closely. I googled it and several sources seem to agree that the typical crockpot slow cooker heats to about 200 degrees on low and 300 on high. I think you would probably be successful at setting your oven at 200 degrees for a slow cooker recipe.

Nov 24, 2013
  3. JessicaS

JessicaS Gold Member

Thanks so much Ray!!!

Nov 24, 2013
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted