1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Black Bean Wrap - recipe discrepancy

1. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

I need to make the Power Cooking Black Bean Wraps tonight and am confused. The recipe for it listed on the Power Cooking Chicken "main page" differs from what is listed on the "Recipe Summary"

On the main page it says 1/2 cup water. On the recipe summary it says 1 1/2 cups of water. What is the real deal? HELP!

Jun 27, 2009
  2. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

Anyone? I need to make this in 2 hours! HELP!

Jun 27, 2009
  3. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I just did this recipe a week or so ago. I'm thinking that I used 1/2 cup. 1 1/2 seems like way too much...

Jun 27, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I am looking at both now and it is REALLY confusing.

The main recipe does not mention adding any water to the freezer bag, but the summary does.

I would almost be tempted to use the main recipe and not the summary. But I can't say for sure, as I have never made these.

Search in the threads and see if anyone mentioned this when the recipes first came out.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
    Jun 27, 2009
  5. AnnieBee

Where are you seeing a "main" and a "summary"?

I went to cc, then "theme shows", then "power cooking chicken", then "smoky black bean and chicken wraps".

There, it says add 1/2 cup if using frozen mixes, but if preparing straight away omit the water...

Jun 27, 2009
  6. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

If you go to Power Cooking Chicken, there are pictures of each recipe and the link above each picture for the recipe. The recipe here differs from the "Recipe Summary" which is linked on the upper right hand side of the Power Cooking Chicken page.

Jun 27, 2009
  7. AnnieBee

Aha! I'd never noticed the summary before - that's handy!

Anyway, I'd still say use 1/2 cup, I think 1 1/2 would make it soupy!

Jun 27, 2009
  8. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

We've made this several times... I think we use 1/2 cup water at the most... It just depends on whether it looks like it needs it while we are cooking! :)

Jun 27, 2009
  9. bridgetbakes

bridgetbakes Member

Thanks everyone. We made it with 1/2 cup of water and it was perfect! YUM!

Jun 27, 2009
Have something to add?