• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes That Can Be Used for Power Cooking

In summary, the conversation discussed various recipes from the Once a Month Cooking book, including Hearty Hamburger Tomato Stew, Stove-Top Barbecued Chicken, Mandarin Orange Chicken, and Chicken Spaghetti. The processes involved in preparing each dish were summarized, along with suggestions for freezing and serving.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
So, I'm browsing through my Once a Month Cooking book for recipes that can be added to the power cooking list...

Here is the first one:

Hearty Hamburger Tomato Stew

1 lb. lean ground beef or turkey (2 1/2 c. browned)
1 1/4 cups chopped onion
2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 16-oz. can cut green beens, drained
1 16-oz. can corn, drained
3 stalks celery
1 46-oz. can tomato juice
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. celery seed
salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef or turkey in a large saucepan. Mix in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool and freeze.

To prepare for serving, thaw stew. Then bring to a boil; reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.

Makes 8 servings.

Summary of processes: Chop 1 1/4 c. onion and 1 c. green bell pepper; peel and slice 2 cups carrots, 1 cup fresh mushrooms and 3 stalks celery

Freeze in: 16 cup container

Serve with: Cornbread or wheat crackers

Stove-Top Barbecued Chicken1 tsp. veg. oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. water
4 tsp. white vinegar
4 tsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. crushed celery seed
2 lbs. skinned chicken pieces
1 16-oz. pkg spinach or wide egg noodles (use half)Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet; saute onion until tender. Stir in ketchup, water, vinegar, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, chili powder and celery seed. Bring sauce to a boil. Add the chicken to the skillet, placing the side down that has the skin removed; spoon sauce over the pieces. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Turn chicken pieces, and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through. Cool and freeze chicken and sauce.To prepare for serving, thaw chicken and sauce; put in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbly. Cook half pkg. of spinach or egg noodles according to directions; serve chicken over noodles. Makes 4 servings.Summary of processes: Chop 1 cup onion.Freeze in: 4-cup containerServe with: corn on the cob, chocolate cake

Mandarin Orange Chicken1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 cups)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups sliced, fresh mushrooms
2 tsp. all-purpose flour
2/3 cup water
1 6-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion bulbs (without greens)
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup regular, uncooked rice
1 11-oz. can mandarin orange sections, drainedCut chicken into 1 inch chunks with kitchen scissors or knife. Heat oil in large skillet; add chicken, and cook on medium high until browned on both sides. Remove and set chicken aside. In the same skillet, cook mushrooms over medium high, stirring constantly. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms, stirring quickly to combine. Gradually stir in water, orange juice concentrate, green onions and bouillon cubes. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add chicken and let simmer 3 to 4 minutes. Cool and freeze.To serve, thaw chicken mixture, and cook rice according to package directions. Heat chicken mixture in a saucepan until bubbly, stir in drained orange segments, and heat through. Combine with cooked rice and serve. Makes 4 servings.Summary of processes: Cut 1 lb. chicken into chunks; slice 2 cups fresh mushrooms, 1/2 cup green onion bulbs.Freeze in: 4-cup containerServe with: French-cut green beans, biscuits.

Chicken Spaghetti1 12-oz. pkg. spaghetti (semolina)
1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (3 cups cooked)
1 28-oz. can Italian style or plain crushed tomatoes in puree
1 2-oz jar pimientos
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 3-oz. can sliced ripe olives
1 pkg. dry spaghetti sauce seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups grated low-fat cheddar cheeseCook spaghetti until al dente; drain. At the same time, cut chicken into 1-inch cubes; cook chicken in a small amount of water until no long pink in the center. In a large pot, combine chicken with remaining ingredients except cheese. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked spaghetti to sauce. Cool and freeze in 16-cup container; tape 1-quart bag with cheese to container.To prepare food for serving, thaw cheese and spaghetti. Preheat over to 325 degrees; pour spaghetti into an oven-proof casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes. Top spaghetti with cheese; return spaghetti to oven for 5 minutes more or until cheese melts. Makes 10 servings.Summary of processes: Cut 1 1/2 pounds chicken into 1-inch cubes; chop 1 cup green bell pepper, 1 cup celery, and 1 1/2 cups onion; slice 1 cup fresh mushrooms; grate 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese.Freeze in: 16-cup container; 1-quart bagServe with: tossed green salad, cheesy-herb bread

Chicken Nuggets2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 T margarine or butter, melted
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs - Italian style
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheeseCut chicken into 1-inch pieces (kitchen shears work best). Combine chicken, melted margarine, and Worcestershire in a 1-quart freezer bag. Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a second freezer bag. Tape the two bags together. Label and freeze.To prepare for serving, thaw and remove the chicken pieces from marinade. Shake them in the bread crumb bag to coat, a few at a time. Preheat over to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Makes 4 servings.Summary of processes: Cut 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken into 1-inch piecesFreeze in: 1-gallon bag; 1-quart bagServe with: Chips and dips; green been casserole (I can't believe they suggest this!); catsup or barbecue sauce for dipping.

Bump for Linda to spot...

janetupnorth said:
Bump for Linda to spot...

Ha Ha! Thanks Janet :)

I'm trying to get packed for Leadership today. I have a couple of Host packets to deliver and I have to pack for my show that I have the day after I get back from CO. Oh yeah - and DS needs someone to entertain him......back to school tomorrow...I'm so ready!

You're welcome - I'll add more this weekend hopefully! I have a busy week ahead. Kids went back to school today here.

These are great Janet, thanks!

Do you think you can do the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad recipe in the power cooking (to freeze)? If so, how would you do it?

Ohh thank you SOOO much I am having an open house monday to show off the power cooking and this is wonderful to have more to offer! :) Thank you!

Thanks Janet! That gives me some more choices! You're too good to us!

Janet you are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Fabulous. I've been wanting more chicken recipes for the Power Cooking. Thanks!

Herbed Chicken2 1/2 - 3 lbs. chicken pieces
1 10 3/4 can cream of mushroom soup
1 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
Rice to serve 6Place chicken in a 1 gallon freezer bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except rice. Pour over chicken and freeze.To prepare for serving, thaw chicken mixture. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place mixture in a 13x9x2 baking dish, treated with nonstick spray (good place to use our 9 x 13 baker). Cover and bake for 1 1/4 hours. Serve over hot, cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.Summary of processes: Grate 1 tbsp. lemon zest.Freeze in: 1 gallon bag.Serve with: French-cut green beans.

Country Captain1 14 1/2 ounce can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup currants or raisins
1 tbsp curry powder
1/2 chicken bouillon cube
1/2 tsp. ground mace or nutmeg
1/4 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 - 3 lbs. cooked chicken pieces
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1 tbsp. cold water
Hot cooked couscous (to serve 6)In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, parsley, currants or raisins, curry powder, bouillon cube, mace or nutmeg, sugar, and salt. Pour over chicken in freezer bag. Label and freeze.To prepare for serving, place thawed chicken and sauce in large skillet. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken in no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Skim fat from mixture in skillet. In a small bowl stir together cornstarch and cold water; add to skillet. Cook and stir till thickened an bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve over couscous or hot rice. Sprinkle with almonds, if desired. Makes 6 servings.Summary of processes: Chop 1/4 cup fresh parsley.Freeze in: 1 gallon bag; 1 quart bagServe with : Tropical fruit, crescent rolls.

Mexican Chicken Lasagna3/4 cup chopped onion
3 14-ounce cans stewed tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup salsa, medium or mild
1 1 1/4 ounce package taco seasoning
1 16 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 large egg
16 oz. ricotta cheese
2 tsp. minced garlic (2 cloves)
10 uncooked lasagna noodles
4 boneless, skinless cooked chicken breasts (about 1 lb) cut into 1-inch cubes
1 4 oz can chopped green chilies
1 1/2 cups (about 6 ounces) grated Monterey Jack cheeseTo make sauce, combine chopped onion with tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Stir in beans. To make ricotta layer, whisk egg in small bowl with a fork. Whisk in ricotta cheese and garlic.Spread 1 cup tomato sauce mixture over the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch casserole dish (should barely cover bottom). Top with 5 (uncooked) noodles, overlapping slightly. Spread on one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half the chicken and half the chilies. Spoon 2 cups tomato sauce mixture on top, then add the rest of the ricotta cheese mixture; spread lightly. Sprinkle with half the grated cheese. Top with remaining noodles, chicken, chilies, tomato sauce mixture, and grated cheese. Cover with foil, label and freeze.To prepare for serving, thaw and preheat over to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until noodles are tender when pierced with sharp knife. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.Summary of processes: Chop 3/4 cup onion; mince 2 cloves garlic; cut 4 boneless, skinless cooked chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes; seed 4 ounces whole green chilies and slice into thin strips; grate 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheeseFreeze in: 13x9x2 inch baking dishServe with: slices of avocado and pink grapefruit on lettuce with poppyseed dressing.

Does the Herbed Chicken use cooked or uncooked chicken pieces? (I was thinking they were uncooked, but then Country Captain specified cooked and I became uncertain.)

Looks uncooked to me because they get cooked for 1 1/4 hours later.

Sopa De Maiz2 cups chicken broth
2 boneless skinless cooked chicken breasts, chopped
1 16-ounce bag frozen corn
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp. minced garlic (1 clove)
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
Fritos
1 tomato, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
salsa
sour creamCombine first 7 ingredients in a 6-cup container and freeze.When preparing to serve, thaw the soup and bring just to boiling. Add milk and simmer until soup is heated through. Season with salt and pepper.In individual bowl, layer crushed Fritos, chopped tomatoes, and diced avocados. Then pour soup over all. Add dollop each of salsa and sour cream. Makes 5 to 6 servings.Summary of processes: Chop 2 boneless, skinless cooked chicken breasts.Freeze in: 6-cup containerServe with: Taco salad

Biscuit Beef Bake1 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic (1 clove)
1 14 1/2 ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 cup frozen corn
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 12-ounce package Hungry Jack buttermilk biscuitsBrown ground beef with the onion and garlic in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink (or use 2 1/2 cups already-browned ground beef). Stir in the remaining ingredients, except biscuits. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool. Package, label, and freeze. Store the tube of Hungry Jack biscuits in the refrigerator.When preparing to serve, thaw and preheat over to 400 degrees. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 inch ovenproof dish that has been treated with nonstick spray. Arrange the biscuits on top and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.Summary of processes: Chop 1/2 cup onion; mince 1 clove garlicFreeze in: 5-cup containerServe with: Baked apples

1. What is power cooking and how is it different from regular cooking?

Power cooking is a method of cooking that involves preparing multiple dishes at once using various kitchen tools and appliances. It's different from regular cooking because it allows you to save time and energy by streamlining the cooking process.

2. What types of recipes can be used for power cooking?

There are many types of recipes that can be used for power cooking, including casseroles, one-pot meals, sheet pan dinners, and slow cooker recipes. These recipes are usually easy to prepare and require minimal clean-up.

3. Do I need special equipment for power cooking?

While there are many kitchen tools and appliances that can make power cooking more efficient, you don't necessarily need any special equipment. However, having a few key items like a slow cooker, pressure cooker, and sheet pan can make the process easier and more effective.

4. Can I use my own recipes for power cooking?

Absolutely! Any of your favorite recipes can be adapted for power cooking. Just look for ways to simplify the process, such as using pre-cut vegetables or utilizing the slow cooker or pressure cooker function on your multi-cooker.

5. How can I save time and energy with power cooking?

Power cooking is all about efficiency and convenience. By cooking multiple dishes at once, you can save time in the kitchen and have more free time for other activities. It also reduces the amount of energy used, as you are only using one appliance instead of multiple pots and pans on the stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyDare
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies