• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Recipe for Delicious Crab Cakes?

In summary, the conversation was about the search for a good crab cake recipe and the recommendation for a Maryland-style crab cake recipe. The recipe included lump crabmeat, breadcrumbs, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, milk, egg whites, and vegetable oil. The conversation ended with the confirmation that the recipe was tried and turned out well.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I wanted to do crab cakes and was looking for a good recipe. Any suggestions? I found one that looks decent on BettyCrocker.com, but my husband says it should have mustard in it.:

Crab Cakes
3 cans (6 oz each) crabmeat, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 medium green onion, sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2/3 cup Progresso® Italian style dry bread crumbs

1. Stir together Cilantro Salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate.
2. Stir together Crab Cakes ingredients--except 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and 2/3 cup bread crumbs. Shape mixture into 16 cakes, about 2 inches in diameter.
3. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Coat crab cakes with 2/3 cup bread crumbs. Cook in oil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

I have one for Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes. Got the recipe when we were down in Maryland last month. But I cant find it right now! I'll keep looking and post it when I find it...

Delicious crab cakes
AJPratt said:
I wanted to do crab cakes and was looking for a good recipe. Any suggestions? I found one that looks decent on BettyCrocker.com, but my husband says it should have mustard in it.

Here is an AWESOME recipe that we made at our Cooking Club one night. They are quite easy to make, and you can easily split the recipe in half to make 4 cakes instead of 8. I just buy bottled remoulade sauce which is great with them. Also, to keep the cost down for our cooking club we used canned lump crabmeat, and it was still awesome. My DH is quite particular about his crabcakes so I didn't tell him the crabmeat was in a can and he loved them! Enjoy!

MARYLAND CRAB CAKES

1 lb. lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
1-1/3 cups fresh breadcrumbs (I just used bought ones)
1/3 cup minced green onions
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp 2% low-fat milk (I used skim and it was fine)
1 tsp hot sauce (like Tabasco)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 egg whites
1-1/3 fresh breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided (I added a little to the pan when I flipped)
Lemon wedges (optional)

Combine first 10 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Divide crabmeat mixture into 8 equal portions. Place 1-1/3 cups breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge crabmeat portions in breadcrumbs, shaping into patties about 3-1/2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties, and cook 3 minutes. Carefully turn patties over, and cook 3 minutes or until golden. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and patties. Serve with lemon wedges and remoulade sauce. Yields 8 servings.

The PC Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes recipe can easily be made with crab instead of shrimp - it's easy and awesome!

Thanks for the suggestions!

siderits said:
MARYLAND CRAB CAKES

1 lb. lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
1-1/3 cups fresh breadcrumbs (I just used bought ones)
1/3 cup minced green onions
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp 2% low-fat milk (I used skim and it was fine)
1 tsp hot sauce (like Tabasco)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 egg whites
1-1/3 fresh breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp vegetable oil, divided (I added a little to the pan when I flipped)
Lemon wedges (optional)

Combine first 10 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Divide crabmeat mixture into 8 equal portions. Place 1-1/3 cups breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Dredge crabmeat portions in breadcrumbs, shaping into patties about 3-1/2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 patties, and cook 3 minutes. Carefully turn patties over, and cook 3 minutes or until golden. Repeat procedure with the remaining oil and patties. Serve with lemon wedges and remoulade sauce. Yields 8 servings.

I made this and they came out pretty good! THANKS!

AJPratt said:
I made this and they came out pretty good! THANKS!
Glad to share!

Serve with Cilantro Salsa.

Hi there! I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I have a delicious crab cake recipe that I think you'll love. It's a little different than the one you found on BettyCrocker.com, but it's definitely worth trying. Here's what you'll need:- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the crab meat, red bell pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, egg, Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
3. Form the mixture into 8 equal-sized patties.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
5. Cook the crab cakes for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
6. Transfer the crab cakes to a baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
7. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or the Cilantro Salsa from the Betty Crocker recipe.
I hope you and your husband enjoy this recipe! Let me know how it turns out. Happy cooking!

What ingredients do I need for the crab cake recipe?

To make the crab cakes, you will need 1 pound of lump crab meat, 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs, 1 large egg, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning, and 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley.

Can I use canned crab meat for this recipe?

While fresh lump crab meat is recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use canned crab meat as a substitute. Just make sure to drain the excess liquid and pat it dry before using it in the recipe.

How do I form the perfect crab cake shape?

To form the perfect crab cake shape, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to portion out the mixture and then gently press it together with your hands to form a patty. Make sure not to pack the mixture too tightly, as this can result in dense crab cakes.

Can I make the crab cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the crab cakes ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking. Just make sure to cover them tightly with plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.

What is the best way to cook the crab cakes?

The best way to cook the crab cakes is to pan-fry them in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook them for 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and cooked through. Alternatively, you can also bake them in the oven at 375°F for 15-20 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ragschef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC