• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Kosher Brunch Show: Menu Ideas & Recipes

In summary, the conversation is about planning a brunch show in September and looking for menu ideas that are Kosher-friendly. The host is considering a Harvest Chicken Salad with a simple bread and gingerbread trifle, but is having trouble finding non-dairy options. Suggestions are made for a Strawberry Spinach Salad and a new brunch pizza option, as well as a seven-layer southwestern salad recipe. Another participant mentions a recipe booklet specifically for the trifle bowl.
muffetts
Gold Member
I'm planning a Brunch show in September, and just tossing around some menu ideas. One thought I had was doing the Harvest Chicken Salad, plus a simple bread and a trifle. This show will have to be Kosher, so I'm trying really hard to incorporate that.

So, I'm looking for an easy bread recipe (to go with the salad) can't contain any dairy because of the chicken in the salad.

Also, I'm looking for a gingerbread trifle recipe. Does anyone have such an animal?

I thought I would get a head start and then see what the Season's Best has for this Fall too.

muffetts said:
I'm planning a Brunch show in September, and just tossing around some menu ideas. One thought I had was doing the Harvest Chicken Salad, plus a simple bread and a trifle. This show will have to be Kosher, so I'm trying really hard to incorporate that.

So, I'm looking for an easy bread recipe (to go with the salad) can't contain any dairy because of the chicken in the salad.

Also, I'm looking for a gingerbread trifle recipe. Does anyone have such an animal?

I thought I would get a head start and then see what the Season's Best has for this Fall too.

Most of the Trifles I do have dairy in them.....so couldn't be served with the Chicken Salad, right? But maybe you could do the Strawberry Spinach Salad?

The new brunch pizza that will be around looks yummy! I might offer that for my brunch shows :)

Why don't you do a seven layer salad (dairy) &/or a 3 cheese garden pizza and then do a couple of desserts. It would be easier to make a dairy entree and then make a decadent dessert than to try to find a good non-dairy one. After all, almost everyone goes wild over chocolate.

Jodi Gross

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad

1 ½ cups sour cream (16 oz. container)
3/4 cup think & chunky salsa
1 can (15 oz.) Black beans
1 large green bell pepper
2 medium tomatoes
½ cup green onions
1 pkg. (16 oz.) Iceberg lettuce salad mix
4 oz. Cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)
1-2 cups pre-cooked chicken strips (optional)

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and set aside.

2. Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife seed and dice tomatoes and thinly slice green onions. Slice green pepper with Ultimate Slice and Grate and then dice. Chop chicken with Food Chopper. Layer beans, bell pepper, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions Large Bowl.

3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve.

Yield: 8 servings

I saw on here somewhere last night that someone made up a recipe book just of recipes for the trifle bowl. I'll search and see if I can find it. I think the thread title was somthing about "SURPRISE". I'll post again if I find it...

That was John - pampered1224. The booklets are really nice.

If you search the file section for trifle you'll also find 2 booklets of recipes - one dessert (trifle recipes) & one salads (trifle salads).

1. What are some traditional dishes that are commonly served at a kosher brunch?

Some traditional kosher brunch dishes include blintzes, challah French toast, lox and bagels, and shakshuka.

2. Can I serve dairy and meat dishes together at a kosher brunch?

No, it is not allowed to mix dairy and meat dishes at a kosher brunch. You can choose to have a dairy or meat-focused menu, or offer separate dishes for each dietary restriction.

3. Are there any specific dietary restrictions I should keep in mind when planning a kosher brunch?

Yes, in addition to separating dairy and meat dishes, it is important to ensure that all ingredients and utensils used are certified kosher. It is also recommended to have a vegetarian or vegan option available for those who do not eat meat.

4. Can I use any type of wine or alcohol in my kosher brunch recipes?

No, only kosher-certified wines and alcohols should be used in kosher brunch recipes. This means the ingredients and production process must adhere to kosher standards.

5. Are there any specific cooking methods I should use for a kosher brunch?

Yes, all cooking equipment and surfaces should be properly cleaned and designated for either dairy or meat use. It is also recommended to have separate serving utensils for each type of dish to prevent cross-contamination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bgupton
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • PamperedMandy2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies